• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Windows 8?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Has one gotten windows 8 yet? My mom got it on her computer and I have to say it is pretty good. The boxes are just the start up screen and you can still use the "normal desktop view" if you like. However it is pretty hard to navigate around at first but eventually you get use to it.

If you want Windows 8 you can get a discount for it here - https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com

Credit for showing me the link goes to effone.

uchenna

Reaction score
I am getting a laptop with windows8 in 3/4 weeks. But I think I still like MacBook better. But in till Christmas I am stuck using my phone :(

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
KizDef said:
I am getting a laptop with windows8 in 3/4 weeks. But I think I still like MacBook better. But in till Christmas I am stuck using my phone :(

Have no fear, we are getting a mobile theme set up soon for you to use :D

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
The PC I have for Christmas has Windows 7, but I'll be upgrading to 8 without a doubt :D

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Naiwen said:
what do ya think about the win 7?

I have never really used it so I can't really say anything about it although it looks really good.

Naiwen

Reaction score
Please tell me how ya find the win 8 when ya got it?

Blu-Ray

Reaction score
I personally don't like it, many programs have not updated their support for it yet so they are unable to be run on Windows 8. I would keep Windows 7 until May 2013, but sadly I have already updated to it so I am unable to switch back as I do not have the Windows 7 disc anymore.

Naiwen

Reaction score
Blu-Ray said:
I personally don't like it, many programs have not updated their support for it yet so they are unable to be run on Windows 8. I would keep Windows 7 until May 2013, but sadly I have already updated to it so I am unable to switch back as I do not have the Windows 7 disc anymore.

okay, agreed or OIC, OIC...! thanks!

TheGod

Reaction score
Windows 8 looks ok... But i really do love love windows 7

Guardian

Reaction score
I just bought a new laptop with it on there and I have to say it is definitely a stretch to get used to. I like how some parts have been made simple, and I really don't mind the new Start Menu, but outside of that everything is a mess. Still chugging along getting a feel for it though. My mind is not yet made up.

robertson123

Reaction score
I don't like windows 8 i found it much harder to work with than windows 7 they should of kept it simple not complicated

Fuzed

Reaction score
Its fine on my phone, simple to use.
For a comp I'd have to go with 8 or 7 ultimate.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I am using windows 8 currently and I had to go download Firefox because the windows 8 version of internet explorer was horrible imo.

robertson123

Reaction score
Toxique said:
I am using windows 8 currently and I had to go download Firefox because the windows 8 version of internet explorer was horrible imo.

Did you have windows 7 before this and what made you change to windows 8

Zahreah

Reaction score
Windows 8 with startisback is basically just windows 7 for me.
With StartIsBack, i probably havent been on the start menu in 5 months and it always boots to the desktop

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
robertson123 said:
Toxique said:

Did you have windows 7 before this and what made you change to windows 8

No I never had windows 7, and when I bought my computer it already had windows 8