• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Windows 10?

airfightermax

Reaction score
It's pretty great, I like it a lot I really like what they did to the layout, UI color, and theme. It's a nice change. I felt like it was a big improvement. when I upgraded back then it was pretty smooth as well, the only thing I had to do was install windows10 Nvidia drivers. About a year now and I still love Windows 10.

overcast

Reaction score
Windows 10 is surely good enough for both old and new games. Plus those who are missing the emulator based games can still use the DOSBOX. So there is nothing lost in the transition. I have seen people making use of the Windows 10 compatibility wizard to get access to more games. That should show you options for the games.

fireball916

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any compatibility issues with any old games on windows 10 so that's good. However when I put windows 10 on one of my older computers it slowed it down a good amount compared to windows 7. Works really well on my newer rig though. I really like the new lock/login screen, it looks very fresh and updated.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It's actually pretty great. The voice recognition thing was fun and it's basically Windows 7 with a lot more improvements. I tried Windows 8 but it was a disaster, and it's nice to see they got it right on the next one. You should get it if you could. It's a lot more modern and it fixes a ton of issues that I kept having in Windows 7 like when the PC crashes after waking up from sleep (for some reason). Now it's problem solved.

fishmonk

Reaction score
As compared to Windows 8, I feel that Windows 10 is way smoother and easier to use. There were many bugs for me with regards to Windows 8. Hardware compatibility was also an issue which I often experienced during my short time using Windows 8.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Maybe I'm making too light a use of my computer to notice it, but I haven't encountered any particular problems with it. I bought a laptop with Windows 10 coming straight from Windows XP, so I experienced an impressive upgrade in both performance and graphics. The UI looks very nice, and the customization options are okay, although pretty limiting. I agree on the excessive frequency of updates, though.

chacalit

Reaction score
I don't prefer gaming with Windows 10. First of all, when it came out there was a promise of a smooth transition but that wasn't true. Second, there was a promise for drivers of legacy hardware, that didn't happen either. Windows 10 works great if you upgrade your computer or buy a new one. As for gaming, Some PC games won't work because you need them to recognize the new OS. I now know that I will either use Steam or hope downloading game developers own software to play the games is my only hope.

overcast

Reaction score
As compared to Windows 8, I feel that Windows 10 is way smoother and easier to use. There were many bugs for me with regards to Windows 8. Hardware compatibility was also an issue which I often experienced during my short time using Windows 8.
The classic look of the start menu and the features are remained the same. In case of the Windows 8, they tried to force the tiles use into the operating system. So I am guessing that in future they may make some of those changes. I don't think it's ready yet. But based on how I have seen things changing it'd be fair to say Windows 10 retains mix of classic and modern.

thart

Reaction score
actually i have windows 8 and in anothe computer i still windows xp lol.

amine erraji

Reaction score
it's 2017 now, it's been 3 years that i have been using windows 10, let me tell you it's really good it's smooth for the past 3 years i have never got a blue screen ever, and in the gaming side it's better than win7 because it's handle it very well the startup is fast even tho i have a weak pc but it handle every single thing as it should be. If you have'nt try it you should .

m33kuh

Reaction score
Windows 10 by far is the best operating system out there. Lots of fixes and stable updates. Not to mention the update for ransomware which is really dangerous and could potentially lose all your files! But for gaming needs, Windows 7 probably is better. I'm not sure now though.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I have been using Windows 10 since release and hands down it's the best Windows OS that I have used since the days f Windows XP. Its very fluid, the os has a very natural feel to it. And 99% of the programs I have for it work on Windows 10. Including some old school Windows 1998 programs. I would say go for it if your think on upgrading to Windows 10.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
Although Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows, I'm not enticed or interested in upgrading from my Windows 7. I think Windows 10 does not yet support all sorts of games and it would be a hassle to upgrade I then realized that it does not have gaming compatibility. I haven't read much on Windows 10 but I think it will be the same like Windows 8, wherein issues would arise if you try to play games. I'll stick with Windows 7 unless Windows 10 becomes required for games then.

overcast

Reaction score
actually i have windows 8 and in anothe computer i still windows xp lol.
Honestly I can't stand Windows 8. I don't mind using Windows XP to be honest. I'd use Windows XP any day over the Windows 8. I personally find that tile system a bit harder to use. In fact telling people to use the Windows 8 would be lot harder. I am sure many people struggled with the design of the Windows 8 and moved to Windows 10 eventually.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Although Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows, I'm not enticed or interested in upgrading from my Windows 7. I think Windows 10 does not yet support all sorts of games and it would be a hassle to upgrade I then realized that it does not have gaming compatibility. I haven't read much on Windows 10 but I think it will be the same like Windows 8, wherein issues would arise if you try to play games. I'll stick with Windows 7 unless Windows 10 becomes required for games then.
I think they support now buddy. Most games nowadays are optimized for Windows 10. And Microsoft just ended it's technical support for Windows 7 and lower. Not sure about Vista though.

thart

Reaction score
Honestly I can't stand Windows 8. I don't mind using Windows XP to be honest. I'd use Windows XP any day over the Windows 8. I personally find that tile system a bit harder to use. In fact telling people to use the Windows 8 would be lot harder. I am sure many people struggled with the design of the Windows 8 and moved to Windows 10 eventually.
You are right in this point, Windows 8 is hard to use and until now i still don't understand it well, but windows xp is very easy and clear. If i have to choose between windows 8 and xp, of cours i will choose xp, the problem is that there mwny things not work in xp that's why i use 8.

forumheem

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 10 for more than a year and I have to say it's great right now. When it released It was buggy and not all the programs supported it so that was a problem but now after 2 years almost every program supports It and the bugs have been repaired so I think Windows 10 is currently the best option for the operating system.

luispas

Reaction score
This is the best option you can pick. Windows 10 feels so smooth, it's very faster and easy to use, I believe it's the better Windows ever because it doesn't have a huge size either. It had it's issues when it first came out, but right now it's just perfect.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, at the moment I have Windows 7 and I don't intend to change it in the future because heard that Windows 10 takes a lot of memory from our system. Besides, windows 10 has driver problems, you are forced for updates, its system restore is shut off, and it limits your control over OS function. I hope I have covered all the important issue that makes me have thought if I should upgrade or not!

fishmonk

Reaction score
Hi, at the moment I have Windows 7 and I don't intend to change it in the future because heard that Windows 10 takes a lot of memory from our system. Besides, windows 10 has driver problems, you are forced for updates, its system restore is shut off, and it limits your control over OS function. I hope I have covered all the important issue that makes me have thought if I should upgrade or not!
The updates are fine for me as a current Win10 user. However, I am not sure on the part you mentioned regarding RAM. My rig has 16 GB RAM but I doubt the system requires so much from our system. With respect to drivers, I have not had any driver update problems so far. I prefer Win10 over Win7. Win7 is still way better than WIn8 for me though.