• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Windows 10?

missionreport

Reaction score
I actually found Windows 10 to be a great improvement compared to 8. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the fresh look and the modern feel. It works smoothly and is never confusing. I just want to comment on the Windows Store though. There really is almost nothing good or interesting for sale in the Windows Store. I personally think, they should engage that market and leverage that channel more in order to become the get go place for users to find their apps and games.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I have been using Windows 10 for 5 months now. Till date I have had no major issue working with it. It can handle all the streams very well.. I like the presentation as well as the working. For work to gaming it holds every aspect well and good.

But one of the major drawback with it is the frequent upgrades every now and then. This eats up a lot of time especially when you are in a rush.

fl1pz

Reaction score
I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10 because it was free at the game. I have not noticed any major issues except the extremely annoying updates that just jump at you from time to time. Other than that, my games have gotten a bit smoother to play. Which has to be a big plus for me.

Rayne

Reaction score
I've been using win10 for a while and honestly 7 was better in every single way but I am just too lazy to reinstall every single thing that I have right now. Not being able to turn off updates is a huge turn off for me especially now that I often get spammed for this one update that it has been unsuccessfully trying to install for 3 months. I've no idea who thought that was a good idea.

astroroid10293

Reaction score
One major downfall that I have found about Windows 10, is the frequent updates. The system will continually bug you to do it, and you'll continually set another date in the future for the update. It gets really annoying, especially if I'm in the middle of something important, and all that I can do is watch as the countdown timer goes. These take up a lot of time and are really frustrating, especially if you need to use the computer. For other purposes, Windows 10 is pretty good. I've seen some improvements in my gameplay after I had updated.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I'm currently running Win10 on my gaming PC and my Surface Book. I've never loved an OS more than this. I know Win7 was amazing, and was one of my favorites but I'm all for design and graphical stuff, so Win10 is the one for me.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
For personal use. Windows 10 is the best. For business or school use. its not ideal.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I'm currently using Windows 10. And I'll admit, on the first few months it was really buggy. I hated it, it slowed down my startup, some functions won't work, etc. But now I love it, ever since they had the creator's edition out I feel like Windows 10 has improved a lot. I do my gaming here, and all of my school work with 0 problems at all. 9/10 for me.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I'm using it and it's great. I would recommend it to everyone. It's easy to use and has a lot options.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I'm using it since it's avaiable and I'm not diappointed. What's more, I really like it. I don't have any problems, it runs smoothly on my laptop.

overcast

Reaction score
I think Windows 10 is a good OS. And it does support the DOSBOX. So surely it has its benefit. I am sure in future they are going to add more updates. And if we see how the Windows 10 is working with most modern games. I am sure I'd be able to play some of them just fine. I don't know if it's possible to play those games easily from what I know on Windows 8, it's not meant for gaming.

ATMauphillips

Reaction score
Windows 10 is already here and at first most users didn't like the new updated and features that came with upgrading to Windows 10, but from what I'm seeing these days lots of windows users have windows 10 and are wondering if they should upgrade to the Creators edition .
I also heard that Windows 10 will be updated to Windows and the updated that are made by Microsoft will not be as many because they plan to have updates scheduled for every 3 or 4 months .

jelleh

Reaction score
I've been running windows 10 pro for a while now. It has a nice interface and it's easy to use. I would recommend it for computer 'newbies'.

WarVet

Reaction score
It looks promising but I won't upgrade until it's extensively tested by everyone else. :p I'm quite happy with Windows 7 and I even downgraded my laptop from 8 to 7 when I bought it because of how uncomfortable 8 was. 10 does seem like a much better improvement but I'll still wait and see. I reserved my free copy but I don't know if I'll actually install it.

Precisely how i felt. I did give Windows 8 a try but it didn't work out well. I stuck to W7 and it really works for me. Whenever i try switching up i end up regretting. Still been hearing pretty good things about 10. Maybe when Windows 7 is completely outdated i'll give it a try haha

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I upgraded it when it first came out. At first, it was amazing. Later on they started developing some patches and it ll went downwards. Now it is very unstable, full of bugs, and I wouldn't recommend to anyone. At least not until they fix it.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
Well, while most people have praises for it, I'm quite a paranoid person. Especially when it comes to upgrading this sort of things. I know it'll be a must in the future, so I'll just wait a bit more.
... Not to mention I have a few Rejet games I know won't work so I'm sadly delaying the inevitable. sigh.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, my Laptop have Windows 8 and I like it, I don't want to upgrade my OS because I feel that Window 10 is overrated and it is the same but heavier for my PC.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I'm really wary of the fact that so many new games are going to require Windows 10, because I have absolutely zero intentions for upgrading. At the moment I'm using Windows 8.1 and honestly I'm contemplating about downgrading to Windows 7, but I have to first check if most of the software I use is compatible. To be quite honest if all the latest games and software were compatible with it, I'd probably still be running Windows XP. There is a reason why NASA has still kept it around.

fishmonk

Reaction score
As a Windows 10 user, I find no issues with this operating system. Gaming is fine so far although I have never tried running old games. However, I have played many game genres without encountering any problems.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Since switching to windows 10, i have not looked back since, the OS is really amazing and simple to navigate. I personally love the security upgrade that was added to it. and Cortana can be really helpful in assisting you with any issue you have.