• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Will you buy the PS4 straight away?

How2Earn

Reaction score
I might buy it, It will depend on the price of it, and the compatibility though.

Hidden308

Reaction score
The price will no doubt be $250-$300..in my opinion. I really couldn't see it being any lower than that for the first year.

Lug

Reaction score
Sorry if it's been said but when is it out and does anyone know what it looks like? Also is it backwards compatible?

valy

Reaction score
Hi, i just got my PS3 few months ago, and I think it is very good. Maybe i will buy a PS4 but not right away because its price now is huge, it will decrease in time. Besides, i must play a lot on my current PS3 and get bored before i will buy the new one!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It's 5 years later and I still wouldn't buy it to be honest. I have games on Steam and I really have no particular strong interest in PS exclusives, so I'll be sticking with what I have. I still have a lot of games to play, and I honestly think moving to another platform would be counterproductive and would cost a lot of money that I could simply save by sticking with the PC.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
If my wife wont beat me to death, ill but that in a heartbeat hahaha. Just kidding. I dont need ps4. Im happy with my ps2.

missionreport

Reaction score
Oh no I don't buy things right away. I patiently wait for the price to go down and I also actively look out for user reviews in order to make sure that i'm putting my money in the right place. That might not be all, if I think the price is too high, I'm sure some competition will come along the way and that tends to bring the prices down.

overcast

Reaction score
Buying anything without reading reviews and others recommendation is a big no in my list. I have found that buying PS 5 even may not make sense. Because this year many gaming consoles are likely to be launched. And I am going to wait till the reviews and the suggestions of the games and the performance of the console comes out. That's for sure.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I am happy with my PS3. I don't think I will buy the PS4 anytime soon. I prefer to buy new games rather than a new PlayStation. I recently got that PS3 too. I am sure that the price of the PS4 will fall too in the future. As long as I am enjoying my games on my PS3 I will not even consider to buy a PS4.

Sino989

Reaction score
I'm typing this in 2017 but didn't buy the PS4 right away because it was just way to expensive and I waited for about a year or 2 to finally buy it and I'm glad I waited because I got a pretty good deal for it.

WarVet

Reaction score
I am happy with my PS3. I don't think I will buy the PS4 anytime soon. I prefer to buy new games rather than a new PlayStation. I recently got that PS3 too. I am sure that the price of the PS4 will fall too in the future. As long as I am enjoying my games on my PS3 I will not even consider to buy a PS4.

We're in the same boat buddy. The PS3 suits me nicely.; Nowadays I don't have the cash to spend so I turn to the games I already own, Steam or PS3. If you want technology and graphic quality the PS3 is still pretty advanced in those terms. The only reason to buy the PS4 would be exclusives and cut edge gameplay or graphics. But we'll have to wait for the cash for that.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Definitely I will love to get it straight away because I do played pes 4 in a friends house and I love it, the graphics is mind blowing, how the players are I. e for FIFA it looks real. I look the shape of the wire less pad..

mcbryan

Reaction score
If i have the money i definitely gonna buy that one. Aside from being addicted to PSP games and consoles its obvious that PSP4 is much better that older version of it so more fun, advance graphics and unique features. We can't deny that PSP is one of the greatest instrument with in comes to gaming. It has no age limit playing it meaning it can play even older man.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I'll have to buy console if Death Stranding is PS4 exclusive. I'm hoping that it isn't and it gets released for PC too. I wouldn't buy a PS4 right away if I have means just for the reason of having the console itself. I also won't buy games on PS4 that I already have on PC because I don't see the point of having a game on multiple consoles unless it's Minecraft or it has splitscreen multiplayer.

overcast

Reaction score
I think waiting for the PS5 would be much better deal this year instead of buying the phased out version of the PS 4. I know many people are into buying the expensive consoles. But you can see that some of the time buying old console has no benefit at all. And for that's the reason people are not going to buy PS4 this december.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I didn't buy it when it first came out because it was too expensive and I was very happy to still use my Xbox 360 for console gaming. However, I have purchased the PS4 recently, well a few months ago and I don't regret it at all. I wanted to play all of the newer games and especially the PS4 exclusives. PS4 is truly worth its money and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The best console I have owned functionality and responsiveness wise.

WarVet

Reaction score
I didn't buy it when it first came out because it was too expensive and I was very happy to still use my Xbox 360 for console gaming. However, I have purchased the PS4 recently, well a few months ago and I don't regret it at all. I wanted to play all of the newer games and especially the PS4 exclusives. PS4 is truly worth its money and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The best console I have owned functionality and responsiveness wise.

I didn't buy it nor I intend to first because I don't have the money for the actual console, second because even if I made money for the console I would still not be able to but many games and third because of im happy playing my PC. But I'm glad you are satisfied. Good to know it wasn't all hype. Do you think that the PS4 is a better option than the Xbox?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I didn't buy it nor I intend to first because I don't have the money for the actual console, second because even if I made money for the console I would still not be able to but many games and third because of im happy playing my PC. But I'm glad you are satisfied. Good to know it wasn't all hype. Do you think that the PS4 is a better option than the Xbox?
Honestly? Yes, I'd always choose the PS4 over the Xbox One. I've tried both consoles myself and there's a huge difference. There's definitely the reason why PS4 is beating them in sales so hard. You will already notice a difference just with the controllers - PS4 one is far superior. It is very light, comfortable and feels good holding it. The Xbox One controller is heavy and way too big for my small, delicate hands :)

Besides all of that, the Xbox One lacks good exclusive games and its interface is worse than PS4. The only thing that it does have, is the backward compatibility for older games.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I bought the PS4 straight away and as a result, it has been sitting in my room in the past 2 years covered in dust completely unused. I should've seen the stats and the games for it before just blindly buying it. It was a waste of money and could've been given to a child who actually had spare time or was interesting in playing PS4 games. Oh well.

WarVet

Reaction score
Honestly? Yes, I'd always choose the PS4 over the Xbox One. I've tried both consoles myself and there's a huge difference. There's definitely the reason why PS4 is beating them in sales so hard. You will already notice a difference just with the controllers - PS4 one is far superior. It is very light, comfortable and feels good holding it. The Xbox One controller is heavy and way too big for my small, delicate hands :)

Besides all of that, the Xbox One lacks good exclusive games and its interface is worse than PS4. The only thing that it does have, is the backward compatibility for older games.

To be quite honest with you I always favored Sony over Microsoft. Back when I was into console gaming I was a die hard PS3 fan. Nowadays I don't have money for console gaming anymore still if had to pick one over the one based on past experiences and exclusives I would buy the PS4 no doubts. Too bad there will always be fanboyism and die hard fans of Nintendo and Xbox.