• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Will you buy the PS4 straight away?

ZINC

Reaction score
I don't plan on buying it straight away, I only just got my PS3! :p

haze

Reaction score
I wouldn't plan on buying it straight away, no. I wouldn't see the point and anyway, when a new product comes out I like to give it awhile and see other peoples reactions too it or maybe have a play on a friends system, just to make sure I make the right purchase.

LU Flux

Reaction score
I will buy the PS4 and the new Xbox as soon as they come out :)

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
No, it will most likely cost a lot and won't have any games I want. I will most likely be sticking with the PS3 for a few years like I did with the PS2.

Master

Reaction score
It would probably cost a lot of money so I have to say no to that.
Might as well wait a while for a price drop.

themanikin

Reaction score
if the rumors about no used games are true i will not buy a ps4. used games are a huge part of the market

Irreligious

Reaction score
No, I won't buy it straight away. I will be smart enough to wait for the price to drop. Usually when a new Playstation is released the prices are way too high for my pocket. I don't mind if I have to wait a couple of month to buy it. Also, I want to read some reviews and watch some gameplays to see if it's worth to buy.

themanikin

Reaction score
well the ps3 is caable of almost lifelike graphics so the ps4 would have to have something amazing to get me to even consider it

yurithebest1

Reaction score
Nope i won't buy a Playstation 4 right away because that is a part of my strategy, in fact i usually have to wait for a year or two till i read a lot of reviews about it and see what people are saying about it, i also have to wait in order to get it with a reduced price because i don't wanna buy it and regret buying it.

0ver1oad

Reaction score
There's not much point. It'll eventually drop in price, and when that happens there will also be more games worth playing. I don't even have a PS3, and didn't get a PS2 until the end of it's lifespan.

dexterlablab1

Reaction score
Knowing myself, I probably will. Even though I know the price will drop down on the new systems at some point.

The important thing for early adopters of any system to understand though is that you buy a system with these key elements in mind:

- you know the game library isn't very big yet
- you know the price will go down eventually

Most of the buyers seem to not understand that is the nature of all new tech.

omkar1991

Reaction score
I think the PS3 still has a lot left in it, at least for about a couple of more years. Sony probably wouldn't release a new system before 2014 anyway. And even after they do, the PS4 (or whatever they are going to call it) will end up costing more than a nuke, and I will wait at least an year or more before buying it, if decide to buy it.

As far as rumors go, pretty much everybody - including me - is unhappy about how PS4 is not backward compatible and how it will not allow used games to run. So I guess majority of the people will wait for some time for games to come out for the new console.

razelia

Reaction score
For the record, I never buy consoles (and handhelds, for that matter) on their release. I actually buy them around a couple of years after, when the price has gone down. If I'm patient enough, I actually wait for a "slim" version. I guess I'll be doing the same for the PS4.

WajeehBJ

Reaction score
No doubt I am waiting anxiously for it to arrive in the market, I however don't plan to buy it right away. According to the strategy I always use before buying any expensive stuff, I always wait to let people review the product I'm interested in, and only after knowing the pros and cons of the product, I go for it. Apart from that, I don't really see any worth in buying it right away unless of course a really really good game is released exclusively for playstation 4. Even under such circumstances it is highly unlikey for me to buy the product at the soonest. Though, I have already started saving money, just in case I plan to buy it. ;)

Hidden308

Reaction score
I won't, no. If it's better than the next-gen Xbox, then I will buy it.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I might then again might not. It really determines I might just wait for reviews and then choose once the next-gen of consoles are released.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I totally agree with that. It really just depends on what next-gen console offers the most and best.

Casper001

Reaction score
I usually don't buy the consoles directly as they come out, If I do, I pre-order them. I think I'm going to buy it within the week of it's release.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I usually don't buy the consoles directly as they come out, If I do, I pre-order them. I think I'm going to buy it within the week of it's release.
Why is that? Not going to wait on the next-gen Xbox?

Casper001

Reaction score

I personally don't find XBOX To appealing to me. I brought a 360 Slim off a friend for £70 And I just don't find it appealing. I still have my PS3 On 24/7. I will buy the PS4 Within say a month of release, so everyone who wants it, has it.

I might buy the Next-Gen XBOX A few months after it's out. But really, for me PS3 Is much more appealing.