• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

WHY do you game?

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I play game because they are an entertaining way to spend our time.The purpose is to have fun on our free time.There are so many facets of real world that don't suck.Try to capitalizing as much as possible.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I like living on another world. Slaying dragons, hunting monsters, enjoying a virtual plane is something that I find very relaxing. It's a relaxing thing after a day of work; I can simply turn on my PC and just have fun for a few hours while I recuperate from an entire day's worth of work. It's that simple. No major decisions or anything, it's just fun, and at the end of the day, that's why games are made. For players to have fun and escape their lives for a few hours at a time.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Gaming is mostly a stress relief activity for me. It's nice to come home after a long day of work and have a little bit of an alternative universe to make us forget how harsh the real world is. Also, it's an escape from this same real world. Stressed out for work? Fire a few rounds in an FPS and let your anger out. Fed up with the real world? Embrace an alternative reality. It's a healthy escape as long as you don't dwell on it too much and forget reality.
I know the feeling. I don't know, but there's something relaxing about video game scenery combined with music in the background. It's easier to take a stroll through the gaming world and get off whenever you're done. It's a relaxing experience, and it's also a time spending experience whenever I need to take off some time from the clock. I think Skyrim's fields are very relaxing, you know, if you discount the dragons, bears, and giants roaming around the entire damn place.

WarVet

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I don't know, but there's something relaxing about video game scenery combined with music in the background. It's easier to take a stroll through the gaming world and get off whenever you're done. It's a relaxing experience, and it's also a time spending experience whenever I need to take off some time from the clock. I think Skyrim's fields are very relaxing, you know, if you discount the dragons, bears, and giants roaming around the entire damn place.

Not to mention the Evil deities, undead, necromancers, and your plain regular dark magick practitioners haha. But I understand what you mean completely. It's an alternative reality so different from ours, that you actually let go of life's problems for a short while. It is, in fact, a much healthier escape than alcohol, tobacco or worst scenario, drugs. It's all good and dandy as long as you don't overdo it and forget completely about real life issues

SashaS

Reaction score
Initially it was for the sake of having something to do. At one stage it was so I could be the richest, best, highest ranked, whatever the multiplayer game was. Now its just a fun hobby to occasionally take part of. Definitely better than it being an addiction. You don't want to be playing games for that reason.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I play games, usually MMOs, to meet new people from all around the world. I think that's what I want most in a game, which is why I'm very concerned about whether a community is dead or not, because I wouldn't play a good MMO if the community is dead. Aside from that, I think it's the ideas that I crave for, the new ways that developers could present their games to us and still feel fresh, I like that aspect of gaming.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I like living on another world. Slaying dragons, hunting monsters, enjoying a virtual plane is something that I find very relaxing. It's a relaxing thing after a day of work; I can simply turn on my PC and just have fun for a few hours while I recuperate from an entire day's worth of work. It's that simple. No major decisions or anything, it's just fun, and at the end of the day, that's why games are made. For players to have fun and escape their lives for a few hours at a time.
Yes, it is a wonderful world playing a game we found ourselves in another world fighting with demons,monsters,etc.I feel like we become superheroes in this world.It takes our tension off from our day to day work.It is so easy and no need any special training to enjoy on our PC.Games are great to have fun and relief.Everyone should spend some time playing one or other games.It has healing effect.You can see the wonder.

NotCasual

Reaction score
I play Counter-Strike because I enjoy competitive play and hope I can one day make it to the pro scene or at least try to. I find that I improve quicker than most people and naturally do the correct thing in certain situations, which gives me hope that there's at least something I'm good at. I also play Total War, it's quite addicting to advance on the enemy's territory and ultimately achieve world domination.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I like to play action,adventure genre in game.It give us competition.It feels accomplishing when we complete the stages of a game.It is like we have done something or achieve something great.The plot and environment of the game always entice me to continue till some stages are completed.It is so refreshing and fun to play these.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yes, it is a wonderful world playing a game we found ourselves in another world fighting with demons,monsters,etc.I feel like we become superheroes in this world.It takes our tension off from our day to day work.It is so easy and no need any special training to enjoy on our PC.Games are great to have fun and relief.Everyone should spend some time playing one or other games.It has healing effect.You can see the wonder.
Not only the role playing aspects; I live in the city and all I see are buildings. In games, you see vast forests, icy regions, and you can even be inside a volcano. It's more of an environment change, and the soundtrack that come with these games and areas are amazing to listen to no matter what you are doing in life.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I play Counter-Strike because I enjoy competitive play and hope I can one day make it to the pro scene or at least try to. I find that I improve quicker than most people and naturally do the correct thing in certain situations, which gives me hope that there's at least something I'm good at. I also play Total War, it's quite addicting to advance on the enemy's territory and ultimately achieve world domination.
I think I gave up on the "professional gamer" route when I turned 25. I read that at 25, most pros already retire and move on with their lives. I think I may have missed that window because I was too damn busy in college to try out Dota 2 or CSGO. Oh well, at least I have other games to waste my time on. Skyrim and Witcher 3 have a ton of replay value, so I'll stick with those.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I play games, usually MMOs, to meet new people from all around the world. I think that's what I want most in a game, which is why I'm very concerned about whether a community is dead or not, because I wouldn't play a good MMO if the community is dead. Aside from that, I think it's the ideas that I crave for, the new ways that developers could present their games to us and still feel fresh, I like that aspect of gaming.
I tried an MMO for the sole purpose of meeting new people and making friends. I got Elder Scrolls Online (since I was a fan of Skyrim) to try and meet people, but everyone seemed to just keep running around and doing quests, nobody talks to anybody but the NPCs. It was a weird feeling, like everyone just goes through quest, going through destinations, and they don't bother chatting with people. I tired, but that game was a steaming pile of garbage so I never got past 20 hours of game time.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I game because it's fun to play around with others and it also helps me get my anger out as well as bringing out the good chemicals in my body. I usually have a lot of fun when it comes to video gaming and that is especially true when you play with friends. Playing with friends helps to further create a connection and bond between the parties and can lead to some pretty interesting stories as well. I have always loved to game ever since I was 5 years old and I look forward to playing more as I get older. :D

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
It's kind of living in a fantasy world where you could be a hero. I started playing games at age of 14 from my computer. I got my first console at the age of 17 and that made me fall in love with gaming world deeper. I can say it's fun and living in a new world made me fall in love with games. FPS made me a pure games and it allowed me to explore more in the gaming world.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I tried an MMO for the sole purpose of meeting new people and making friends. I got Elder Scrolls Online (since I was a fan of Skyrim) to try and meet people, but everyone seemed to just keep running around and doing quests, nobody talks to anybody but the NPCs. It was a weird feeling, like everyone just goes through quest, going through destinations, and they don't bother chatting with people. I tired, but that game was a steaming pile of garbage so I never got past 20 hours of game time.

THANK YOU. I've been thinking of buying Elder Scrolls Online recently, because I've heard that the community is still active and there have been good reviews about it, but what I also look for in MMOs is the social aspect of the game. Thank's for this input, I've been looking for a negative review so I could know what's wrong with the game, thank god you said this and saved me from spending my money on something I wouldn't like anyways.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
THANK YOU. I've been thinking of buying Elder Scrolls Online recently, because I've heard that the community is still active and there have been good reviews about it, but what I also look for in MMOs is the social aspect of the game. Thank's for this input, I've been looking for a negative review so I could know what's wrong with the game, thank god you said this and saved me from spending my money on something I wouldn't like anyways.
There's also a premium monthly that will help the players out a lot. Without it, you won't enjoy the game as much. You have an inventory space and a "bank account" which is basically your private stash that you can access in different cities; having premium account adds to your inventory space and makes certain items (like alchemy and smithing items) weigh nothing, meaning you can carry more. I played the game and it's hard to even go through 2 or 3 dungeons because you have to go to town to sell stuff, and since you wear armor and have weapons, the inventory space is even lower. You need horses to travel around, but you have to buy them with "coins" or the game's additional currency (in-game currency and coins are different) which you have to purchase with Steam credit. The DLCs also cost more than full AAA games, so I definitely do not recommend it.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Well, first and foremost, I play them because I find them fun, and I fully believe in the saying "If you enjoyed it, it's not wasted time".
Sometimes I'll only play to kill time, but more often than not I isolate myself to spend some time by myself. I find it relaxing and liberating, and it's helpful to collect my thoughts. I almost feel recharged after any gaming session.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Well, first and foremost, I play them because I find them fun, and I fully believe in the saying "If you enjoyed it, it's not wasted time".
Sometimes I'll only play to kill time, but more often than not I isolate myself to spend some time by myself. I find it relaxing and liberating, and it's helpful to collect my thoughts. I almost feel recharged after any gaming session.
I agree, but I even take it further if I really enjoyed the game. I obsess over it; over the story, the multiple endings, what happens if I do this, what happens if I do that; I complete achievements and basically do everything in the game until my Quest Log is empty, and all I can see are finished quests and an empty minimap. That is a great feeling, and after that, I just pick another game and do it all over again.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I agree, but I even take it further if I really enjoyed the game. I obsess over it; over the story, the multiple endings, what happens if I do this, what happens if I do that; I complete achievements and basically do everything in the game until my Quest Log is empty, and all I can see are finished quests and an empty minimap. That is a great feeling, and after that, I just pick another game and do it all over again.

I feel ya. That isolation I was talking about is possible exactly thanks to this level of immersion in a game. Good games are tough cookies to deal with, especially open-world ones (I'm still playing Breath of the Wild because of it, be damned my completionist spirit).
After I finish a game, I also usually like to dive into their fandom. It makes me feel like that game has become a part of my life, and talking about it, seeing art inspired by it and interacting with other people because of it feels...wonderful. And that pushes me to replay the game again, ahahaha.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
There's also a premium monthly that will help the players out a lot. Without it, you won't enjoy the game as much. You have an inventory space and a "bank account" which is basically your private stash that you can access in different cities; having premium account adds to your inventory space and makes certain items (like alchemy and smithing items) weigh nothing, meaning you can carry more. I played the game and it's hard to even go through 2 or 3 dungeons because you have to go to town to sell stuff, and since you wear armor and have weapons, the inventory space is even lower. You need horses to travel around, but you have to buy them with "coins" or the game's additional currency (in-game currency and coins are different) which you have to purchase with Steam credit. The DLCs also cost more than full AAA games, so I definitely do not recommend it.

Good god. So much for "buy once, play forever". Never heard about that premium monthly thing until now and I'm glad I did, that's such a huge ripoff. I'll need horses to travel through the map too? It doesn't have a fast travel option? That just sucks so bad, we all know how big Elder Scrolls Maps could get, and it's even a tedious task to go from point A to Point B without fast travel.