• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

WHY do you game?

thedadinomicon

Reaction score
It is an escape for me, I actually take no interest in the social side of things when it comes to gaming. I personally prefer single player campaigns and when I play online the closest to social I get is to communicate to accomplish in game goals. I am the minority

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
I game because I love to , gaming has always accompanied me when I am alone or bored. I don't just play games to kill time but I play because I love gaming.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I play games because its fun. Its a good way to kill some time. Also a new way to meet friends and thats the place that i can be young again.

Kidthebilly

Reaction score
A few years ago I played to escape from the reality that surrounded me, they were worlds where I controlled everything and I did not have to face the problems of daily life, do not get me wrong, if I had fun and had a good time, but it was to escape the problems. Today, I still play but I understand that I do it to entertain and drain stress of the day, to dissent and laugh at any event that occurs within the game.

Sino989

Reaction score
I play games really just to pass the time or to keep myself busy when I'm bored because you can really go though a lot of time by just playing some video games.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I game because Gaming is Life. But seriously, gaming is like a lifestyle. There is a lot of reason to actually game: have fun, relieve stress, compete with friends, and go on an adventure.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Well it's a combination of things really. Mainly, because life can be very stressful a lot of the times and gaming is a pretty good way of de-stressing and just unwinding. The other reason is pretty related to that, in that video games are great form of escapism that doesn't harm your body in the way that drugs or alcohol would. It's not that I don't like living on planet Earth or that I don't love my life, but I was always a person with a wild and active imagination and sometimes just things start to feel boring and dull around here in comparison to the wild fantasies you can live in while playing video games.

reginafalange

Reaction score
When I have time to play something it's mostly because I need to put my mind into something else, to distract a little from reality when I need to have a break from work or personal life.

overcast

Reaction score
I think for me it has to be about getting stress off my mind. I had my share of stress and issues. And I have dealt with it through the games. And for some people that may work. And sometimes we just have to work harder to manage it in many possible ways.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Nowadays, just to vent off, and have fun with my friends. I don't play a lot like before. When I was younger I played for fun and the story and exploration, everything. Now it's different but still, I love gaming, it is a good way for you to lose yourself and have some quality time. It's just that today games are way too competitive, which I don't like that much.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I game to relax and have a nice time, with my friends, alone, just to pass the daily stress of work and college, it helps me to relax and have a nice time.

valy

Reaction score
I love to play games to escape of routine, work and stress. Playing makes me to relax, and forget about my problems. The time pass to fast in front of my pc, that is what i hate...

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I play because when I was young, my parents give me a PlayStation one as a gift and I loved to play in it all day, now I have a Play Station 3 and a PC and I enjoy every game that I play like it is the first one, and I don't know, it can relax me and make me comfortable.

WarVet

Reaction score
I love it for stress relief and to know a different story. I particulary love games whose stories i can relate to.Needless to say i learned a few things from video games all these years.I think of them like the evolution of a book. A story told in a visual form where you can interact with the environment.

ponyoworks

Reaction score
I never asked myself why I gamed, until I started gaming less. When I gamed for half a day on weekends, and a quarter of a day on weekdays, I was gaming because it was something to do, an easy way to achieve goals. Nowadays I game to relax, after all the school, work, and studying; Gaming is an escape from all that. Now I find that the first hour of gaming is more exciting than the next 5, and limit myself.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Gaming is my hobby. This is what I do during my spare time. I find it to be relaxing and it also helps me to forget my worries and troubles for a while. Some games have also helped me to develop my thinking skills. Gaming also helps me to socialize. Very often I have some friends coming over at my place to play. This gives us the occasion to talk not only about games but other things too.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Basically because I like to be challenged and at the same time, playing video game always makes me very relaxed. I can't completely enjoy the game in the "social interaction" aspect because some communities are super annoying (and because of that, I avoid approaching)!

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I play game to beat my tension.It gives me lots of fun in playing.We generally forget our present environment and go to unexplored imaginary world to engage our self.Time when we play any game is the best part of our life.As it reminds us childhood we enjoyed much doing same again and again,It give us escape from our daily chores and works.Many games give us chance to earn and make new friends.

EJ Burg

Reaction score
Gaming is my reward after a hard day or weeks work. It is the one thing that can get me in a relaxed mindset and start of the perfect weekend.

WarVet

Reaction score
Gaming is mostly a stress relief activity for me. It's nice to come home after a long day of work and have a little bit of an alternative universe to make us forget how harsh the real world is. Also, it's an escape from this same real world. Stressed out for work? Fire a few rounds in an FPS and let your anger out. Fed up with the real world? Embrace an alternative reality. It's a healthy escape as long as you don't dwell on it too much and forget reality.