• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

WHY do you game?

Jessi

Reaction score
asskicking-machine.jpg

I mostly game for the social side of things now. While I used to game solo a fair bit, I now get even more of an adrenaline rush out of completing things with friends or guildies than I would doing it by myself.

sdsmith

Reaction score
I used ot play video games when it was raining outside, and I couldn't play basketball with my older brother. Now I just play to enjoy ht egames I grew up playing. I'm better now, so I get to finish some of these games. Still die a lot in some of them though.

yurithebest1

Reaction score
I really like to play video games because they help me relax and forget about most of my problems, and once i start playing them my body and mind just move to a whole new world.

Eva999

Reaction score
Because it's fun. I love the stories in single player games and the community and people I meet in online games. Some of my best friends to this day are people I met years ago on WoW.

Codboy14

Reaction score
Cause it helps me escape reality! That and I love the competitiveness that games add

Hidden308

Reaction score
I game because my friends do and it's like a whole new world. It's like I am something else in a game, more than just a normal webmaster guy. I. Am. A. Gamer!

Raderyx

Reaction score
I only game with my friends too. It kind of helps me kill time since I really don't have anything to do. And also...it's fun!

Casper001

Reaction score
A reason why I game as it's a method for me to get out of the 'Real World', My life whilst I am taking exams and all can become really stressful and I use gaming to disperse that excess stress for me to get back on track. Another reason, Quite similar to the 1st is for a outlet of rage. I am a person that rages very (very) fast and I need a way to release that, Killing n00bs in MW3 Or BF3 Is the perfect way for me. Gaming, Overall it's a method out of the real world.

Hidden308

Reaction score
A lot of the time I find that gaming puts some stress on me, especially for such competitive games like Starcraft 2 and League of Legends. League tends to just make me mad, so I am basically done with the game. Starcraft 2 on the other hand, is extremely competitive and it's a great disappointment when you lose.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
I game because its a passion of mine and it lets the time pass and etc... it can take things off my chest too.

pink.lady

Reaction score
My mom first introduced it to me and I loved it ever since. I like the feeling of being someone else, doing quests and adventure, trying to find all the secrets and such. XD

How2Earn

Reaction score
I hardly ever game by myself, when ever I do, its always with friends. I do enjoy gaming with my friends though.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I feel like many people don't understand that gaming is FUN. They ask me "why don't you go outside and have some fun". It's like..I am having all the fun I need right here!

lexcion

Reaction score
For me, gaming is just like any other form of entertainment, which I don't think other people understand. It's just fun to play games just like its fun to watch movies or play sports which is why I love it so much.

anadrotowski

Reaction score
Gaming allows me to explore new worlds, while sitting within the comfort of my own bed. It allows me to escape into a different reality, forgetting my own for a short while. It gives me satisfaction and power, even if my current reality will not grant me those things. It's comfort, it's fun, and it's just someone I can use to get away from my real problems for a while. It's definitely one of the most rewarding experiences, and it also allows me to connect with other people I may have not had before.

Blumaoo

Reaction score
Gaming to me is a way to escape from the real world and go into a virtual world where anything is possible. Things in the real world sometimes are not possible, even when people say they are but when playing video games I know that I can do or create anything that I can imagine. I play video games to meet new people because I know that I am a part of a wide community of people that love to play some of the same games that I do.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I've always gamed for the fun of it. When I became older, I got competitive and started gaming for the skill of it. As well as a means to socialize with friends. Gaming is also an excellent way to unwind and relax from the stresses of everyday life. I also use it as a means to pass the time when needed.

So basically I have multiple reasons, but it boils back down to pure fun at the end of the day.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I generally play games to pass time when I'm off work. I do like the social aspect of multiplayer games as they allow to stay in touch with my friends who play similar games as myself. I usually don't use games to meet new people or make new friends, but rather use them to strengthen the bond between the friends that I currently have.

GingerGoddess

Reaction score
When I was younger I gamed to escape the abuse of my childhood while making new friends whom I could make a new identity to. Be someone who was older, cooler and someone people would generally like. Gaming truly helped me through my rough times in life, as cliche as that sounds.

Now that I'm older I game to escape my mom role and to spend some quality time with my siblings and husband. I also use it as a way to drown out my daughter's crying when I lay her down to bed, she hates not sleeping in bed with me and my husband but we need her to learn how to fall asleep without us.

In the future I hope gaming will be my way of connecting with my daughter and any other kids I end up having.

EarlAlexander

Reaction score
I play games mostly because of the fun part of it. Games has been one of the gadget made to entertain people and put smile on their facs or relieving stress. Game has been fun all along because of the features, it has broken the barrier caused by distance and may to involve friends both far and near. Games has created a platform where people spend time on to feel happy, depending on the game the individual is playing which may be strategic and that requires attention and concentration to move on to other interesting levels or stages. Game has contribute in reducing stress and taking people minds off thing which may be disturbing them. In other to progress in any game, a free and relaxed mind is required but it's the fun part of a game that interest me most.