• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Which MMORPG are you playing?

guruproto

Reaction score
Currently in love with Path of Exile. It's basically Diablo the MMO. The skill tree is massive, which allows for a ton of options to get the stats you want for your particular class. To add to this, the weapons and armor in the game can be modified by gems that grant additional spells, powers, and stats. It's a truly immense and fun game that I'd recommend to anyone.

Maelalove

Reaction score
I mostly play the ever well known World of Warcraft almost exclusively. I also on occasion play The Secret World. In my opinion, The Secret World has a really cool concept about it, but I don't have any friends who play it, and after a while you just kind of lose interest playing it by yourself(at least that was the case for me). World of Warcraft of course, has been big for a long time, and there's so much to do with so much variance, it's hard to hold anything next to it.

Kitty Reeves

Reaction score
Currently, I main Vindictus. It's a lot of fun! And honestly, the combat style is unlike any other game that I've played before. Some people complain that "Oh, the game is dying, no one plays anymore." but that's not true at all. I can get all my raids done with ease, and there is always a new event going on. There is also new content coming out June first (the Lochlann raid and new character DELIA!!) and that means a TON of people will be playing. Also, there's supposed to be a server merge sometime this year, between the West and East servers. So that will much the population even more diverse and expansive.

OutOfSpoons

Reaction score
I'm not much of an MMO person (because most always try to take money from you and I am notorious for always being broke), but I have been playing a game called Toontown Rewritten. The game was originally owned by Disney, but they shut it down because it wasn't bringing in the money like it used to. A group of fans that loved it brought it back, and made it completely free to play. It's rather simple, but for some reason I just keep going back to it, again and again. I love how you get to level up your "weapons" and get stronger versions of them. I'm also a bit invested with headcanons for the plot and whatnot. For whatever reason, this game just brings out my creativity.

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
Not playin' any MMOs right now. Haven't come across one that really grabs me atm.

SunnysideUP

Reaction score
I've played a bunch of MMOs, but because of my studies I don't have the time to really get into these things, so I only play free-to-play MMOs. RIght now the only two games I log into are Frosaken World by Perfect World, (which was botched with last year's update that eliminated almost half the maps and storylines...way to go PW!) and Star Wars: the old Republic.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
None at the moment, since they bore me quickly. They get repetitive and the traveling is annoying. Maybe I would get more into it if I hanged around for a longer period and unlocked a few things, but I don't know. I tried some though. Guild Wars 1 was great, played that one the most. After that tried SWToR, Skyforge, DC Universe Online, Guild Wars 2, WoW even, but none of them got me hooked up. Anyway, I don't deny that they can be a lot of fun it's just my opinion.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I am dedicating my time to the good old king of MMORPG - World of Warcraft. I keep coming back to this game. I've quit it many times before but nope! I just love everything about it because I have been playing it since Vanilla days. I've done it all. Last expansion was a bit so-so and I left during but ever since Legion I am a fan again.

I am very excited for tomorrow because Blizzard is finally releasing the Tomb of Sargeras - a new raid. I didn't see any PTR footage of the bosses or the place yet so tomorrow will be like a Christmas day. Very exciting and brand new.

WarVet

Reaction score
I used to be a fan of Runescap and Imperia. Nowadays i mostly stay away from them. They tend to suck you in and i have a very addictive personality. When i play it seems all my free time goes away quickly and these days with work and other appointments i prefer to stay away from these games.

BrokenDownFlier

Reaction score
I'm alternating between Rift and Black Desert Online. I've had Rift for over 3 years now but just got BDO last week. It's a little diferent to get used to for some things yet it's still as addictive as any other game. I just forced myself to logout after a 9 hour stretch when I should have been sleeping...I didn't even want to log off then but I have things on Rift to do today plus some of that Real Life stuff that always interferes with gaming.

I used to be a WoWaddict and I've played classic Runescape waaaay back in 2005 or so but I didn't like the changes that happened to either game so I left.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I'm currently playing Blade and Soul. I've recently come out of Dragon Nest, and as much as I loved the combat of the game, the community was dull and so was the overall gameplay. Blade and Soul was a positive experience for me, although I do feel that Dragon Nest still had better combat. The only con I have with BnS is that a lot of NPCs are given generic Asian names so I get easily confused with who's who.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I'm playing a Private Server of Ragnarok. It's just fun to revisit this game. Nostalgia everywhere. It's fun to try out different classes. I got to try them all out, which I can't do in Ragnarok Online.

msyukionna

Reaction score
Revisited Runescape and Maplestory lately and found them both destroyed by bots and real world trading :emoji-rage::emoji-rage: It's sad that this happens to a lot of free to play games. I guess now I have the money to play paid MMORPG but I haven't found an interesting one yet. If you guys can suggest something that is not hard to get into, that would be great!
31129_436987138081_3428270_n.jpg 66286_10151453346928082_1706461649_n.jpg

huggy212

Reaction score
I am currently playing dreadnought. It is an 8vs8 battle between big and small spaceships. i really like the graphics with lasers and missiles firing from very long range to a very close encounter fights. In this game it is really important to stick together. Various ship types play important roles on killing and surviving. You can be a tank to head for the frontlines or you can be a sniper to fire from very long range with intense damage. There is also a support which is called a tactical cruiser which can heal you, or even make your reload and cooldown time shorter.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Currently am not playing any for now, but i had played final fantasy and it was quite interesting, maybe in the nearest future i will get back on it

sakakimakio

Reaction score
I was on Fiesta Online EU server and had been ages for the last login. But, recently I got an email from them that they will shut down the EU server for too many inactive players. Right now, I'm on aura kingdom which kind of similar to them but better graphics and gameplay than Fiesta Online. Considering Fiesta Online was more pay-to-win, that's the main reason I leave them and opt for another option.

castills

Reaction score
I'm currently inveting my time into TERA, playing as the support class Mystic. Leveling is pretty much handed to you with many dungeons available from a clean menu for your current level. After 3 days I'm at lvl51, almost near the cap of 65!

I used to play RIFT a great deal in high school, where it was also easy to level, but I got tired of tabbing and navigating though shift-codes to heal my raid. It was fun, but without an active guild, I turned to other Free To Play games, like FPS and strategy.

sephyr

Reaction score
Final Fantasy 14: Realm Reborn! This MMO is by far the best I've played in a very long time though it does cost roughly £6 a month there's a lot to keep you busy, It's currently on Steam and you do actually have to buy the game first and then purchase a subscription in order to play I believe you do receive 2 weeks free when you purchase the game and create a new account.
Finally, someone posts about this game!

I'm currently on break from the game due to my work situation but intend to get back on in time to get the Falcon mount! lol

I used to play Ragnarok Online, World of Warcraft, SWTOR, Rift, Aion, Lineage 1 and 2, Rift, and Archeage. I've tried/played others but these are the ones I actually stayed playing for some time. I got bored with all of them for one reason or another. So far, FFXIV is my all-time favorite.

sephyr

Reaction score
Currently playing SWTOR, a star wars based MMORPG! :)

I used to love this game but lost interest when they started losing subscribers and eventually quit when it went F2P.