• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's your guilty pleasure video game?

nickdamon

Reaction score
I'd also have to say The Sims. I just always go back to it haha. I'm going to be honest... I haven't even tried The Sims 4 yet. I've just been busy with other games and work and I know once I get it I'll be stuck in it for days haha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I do not go for the idea of calling a game a guilty pleasure. I believe in playing the games I love, anytime and anywhere. I even have the super Mario game on my mobile phone. If I don't love a game, I don't play it. Once I play it, I'm always proud of it.
Is it weird I never finished the Mario games? Any of them? When I was growing up I already had games like Crash Bandicoot which offered a more 3D experience with the platform games that most older players at the time were used to, so I figure it was more fun. It was more than just jumping around; you had to do dodge, do flips, and the boss fights were more than just jumping to the left and right. Dunno, a lot more variety I guess.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I was never hooked on Sims 4. I played a lot of 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 didn't really do it for me since it's like been there, done that sort of game. You do the same thing all over again when starting a new family, and the newer SIMS haven't really added much to the game apart from the expensive DLCs where you get themed items. I moved on to Cities: Skylines since you get to manage not just one house, but an entire city.
Oh really? I felt like Sims 4 added so much in terms of making the Sims more human-like, their behavior and so on. I especially enjoyed the expansion called ''Get to Work'' where you could finally manage your Sim while he works in different professions such as detective, doctor and so on.

I always hated that part of The Sims. You got him a really nice job but then when it was work time he'd disappear into the ''space'' and be gone for like 8 hours... and all you could do was fast forward the time and wait.

I have never tried the Cities: Skylines. How is it like? If I'm correct it's something like the SimCity franchise or?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Oh really? I felt like Sims 4 added so much in terms of making the Sims more human-like, their behavior and so on. I especially enjoyed the expansion called ''Get to Work'' where you could finally manage your Sim while he works in different professions such as detective, doctor and so on.

I always hated that part of The Sims. You got him a really nice job but then when it was work time he'd disappear into the ''space'' and be gone for like 8 hours... and all you could do was fast forward the time and wait.

I have never tried the Cities: Skylines. How is it like? If I'm correct it's something like the SimCity franchise or?
Never played Sim City but from what I hear it's better. You basically create a town from nothing; manage power sources, water, the road layouts; for me it's simulation that's bigger than what you can do in just one house. I have about 80 hours clocked on it, and they are still adding DLCs. They added one that has calamities happen in your city like earthquakes, tsunamis, and even a meteor strike. Pretty fun game but it's GPU heavy so you gotta have a good rig to run it since the bigger your city is, the more animation happens all at once. You see people living their lives, driving their cars, etc.

goldlady

Reaction score
Ahahahahaha I think I do not have any guilty pleasure game I am embarrassed of. Well... not so much. Does SIMS count? LOL I love playing sims. I just can not get enough. It is kind of nice to desing your perfect life.

sima061

Reaction score
The Sims. When I was younger it was okay, now I feel kinda dumb for enjoying it honestly. I don't know why. But I still play sometimes, oh well.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Mine would be the Sims, any PC version. Hehe. Oh come on it's not like you don't want to know what happens when weird things happen in a game lol. There are so many things that you could possibly do. :smilingimp::smile:

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I used to play visual novels that are rated 18+ but I didn't actually play them for the H content because I think there is much deeper interaction when it comes to relationships and character development when it involves passionate interactions.
I play sims 2 a lot back then because it has a 2-player feature for PS2. I enjoy playing ot with my little brother and we even contest each other on who can make the deadliest dish.
Nowadays I just play Animal Crossing on my 3DS to relieve myself of stress..

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I honestly can't remember any games I've played that can be considered a "guilty pleasure". Maybe any dacing games?! Haha... :pepe:

Mine would be the Sims, any PC version. Hehe. Oh come on it's not like you don't want to know what happens when weird things happen in a game lol. There are so many things that you could possibly do. :smilingimp::smile:

The SIMS is a REAL guilty pleasure for a thousands of players. :sweatsmile:

I'd say Sims 4. But what can a girl do...I just hate the fact that it's harder to kill my sims, in Sims 3 it's was much easier...now if I want a pretty looking graveyard I have to sweat for it.

I think this is an extremely popular game among girls. My girlfriend LOVES this game!

I don't really play any games that I feel guilty about. Don't understand you should feel guilty about some games.

The term "guilty pleasure" has to be considered as a joke, a way to make a joke with the game you play. Nothing more than that. :wink:

Easy, Grand Theft Auto 5 offline singleplayer:tearsofjoy:. My top guilty pleasure/stress reliever. Something about jacking cars, committing crimes, creating police chases, and other time wasting activities just really hits the spot!

It's my little bit of guilty pleasure I thoroughly enjoy.

Oh, my... Really?! :pigeoner: That game is so cool!

Why do consider Grand Theft Auto 5 as a guilty pleasure? :sweatsmile:

Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays games that find a bit embarrassing to tell. For me, those will be the Dash games: Dinner Dash, Cooking Dash, and Wedding Dash.

Don't worry... You're definitely not alone in this big world! :tearsofjoy: Those kind of games are everywhere. :sweatsmile:

The SIMS probably enters the list of almost all the people when the subject is "guilty pleasure games". It's like a reference or something. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Ahahahahaha I think I do not have any guilty pleasure game I am embarrassed of. Well... not so much. Does SIMS count? LOL I love playing sims. I just can not get enough. It is kind of nice to desing your perfect life.
Lots of SIMS players in this thread. Only memorable thing in the recent SIMS games I played was that you could have pets in one of them (2 or 3, I forgot) and the pets can even take jobs. I thought that was pretty neat, since I've always wanted pets as a kid but the house never allowed them. I currently have 2 cats because I have my own place now and it's a lot more awesome than virtual ones I can tell you that.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Why do consider Grand Theft Auto 5 as a guilty pleasure? :sweatsmile:

Well, a "guilty pleasure" is defined as "Something that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard." I personally hold GTA V in high regards, though not everyone sees that game (or the GTA series) the same way. Or at least the way I play could be seen as a guilty pleasure (lol). From taking chainsaw's on the beach, using a flame thrower in the hospital, you name it. Brutal gameplay kills that the average person would find derogatory or sinful. So yes, this is my guilty pleasure.

Louis50

Reaction score
My guilty pleasure video games is dance. I just love the dances and songs that I have to dance to. Also keep me moving, good exercise.

pauldox3

Reaction score
Definitely roblox. My friends laugh at me for playing a "child's game" and to be honest it's kinda getting on my nerves. But to be fair, to an outsider or someone who doesnt play roblox, the game really does look like a children's game but it really is more than that. It has infinite potential all it takes is a little imagination.

valy

Reaction score
Why should I laugh? We all are the same and have a guilty pleasure game in a way or another. My game is C.S.G.O., and I play it as much and I want without to give up just because of other say.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Well, a "guilty pleasure" is defined as "Something that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard." I personally hold GTA V in high regards, though not everyone sees that game (or the GTA series) the same way. Or at least the way I play could be seen as a guilty pleasure (lol). From taking chainsaw's on the beach, using a flame thrower in the hospital, you name it. Brutal gameplay kills that the average person would find derogatory or sinful. So yes, this is my guilty pleasure.

Okay, now I got your reasons. It makes perfect sense. :wink:

The important thing is to enjoy playing the game and nothing else. :smiley:

Pixie06

Reaction score
That would be some online flash games. Sometimes my friends laugh at me when I play those games but well I don't mind them as long as I am enjoying the game.

goldlady

Reaction score
Lots of SIMS players in this thread. Only memorable thing in the recent SIMS games I played was that you could have pets in one of them (2 or 3, I forgot) and the pets can even take jobs. I thought that was pretty neat, since I've always wanted pets as a kid but the house never allowed them. I currently have 2 cats because I have my own place now and it's a lot more awesome than virtual ones I can tell you that.
Thank you for helping me not feeling alone around here hahahaha. I know! Yeah, I loved the fact you could have pets and pets could even have jobs... so funny! I totally feel you. Not only with the pet thing, there's a lot of things I always wanted to do/have in real life and I still don't have it so I play SIMS to live my dreamed life lol

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Thank you for helping me not feeling alone around here hahahaha. I know! Yeah, I loved the fact you could have pets and pets could even have jobs... so funny! I totally feel you. Not only with the pet thing, there's a lot of things I always wanted to do/have in real life and I still don't have it so I play SIMS to live my dreamed life lol
Yeah but it only lasts so long until I have the urge to start killing my SIMS' neighbors or something. I dunno, I just save the game and do stuff that I normally wouldn't do so I can enjoy myself in the game. That's why I kinda got bored of the game eventually; I wanted to control more than just a house and a couple of people. I started playing Cities: Skylines where I control an entire expanding city, which is a lot better for me.