• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's your guilty pleasure video game?

Mya

Reaction score
For me it used to be Imvu but I've grown out of that and it no longer interests me.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I find a little bit of guilt in my enjoyment of Postal 2. Yes, it is an insanely dark satire in which you have the free range to "go postal" and kill civilians - even animals. But it's a good stress reliever with a kinda genuine storyline - you can go through the whole game without killing anyone.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm not even sure if it counts as guilty pleasure, but since a lot of people also hated it (while a lot of people loved it too), I'd say Fallout 4. And to make it worse, I LOVE Fallout 4 way more than New Vegas (kill me). I just don't like how sunburst New Vegas is for me, I understand that they're in a desert but eh. I love fallout 4 because it feels like it captures the post-apocalyptic image better, but that's just me.

Denis_P

Reaction score
It's considered a casual game in the gaming community, and we all know how hardcore gamers feel about casuals, but I actually love to play Bejeweled now and again. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for something that isn't intense or has a story to keep track of or tasks to complete, and Bejeweled hits the spot for me in those times.

Bejeweled or Tetris really, either are great for those situations, just Tetris doesn't have as much stigma behind it among other gamers I suppose.

MLF

Reaction score
Several of the older Civilization titles played on easy. I do this when I'm bored and have some time to kill and playing it on easy typically means the civs won't attack each other that much. I do that so I can take each and every city one-by-one.

Guess Total World Domination is a guilty pleasure of mine. Ha.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I'm pretty ashamed to enjoy Call Of Duty Advance Warfare, because I'm a CoD hater, lol.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I think that my guilty pleasure game could be Just Dance, it is fun, I think that it could be very, very fun sometimes that you are alone, in home and you are free to dance and workout that body, just imagine me, The Batman, dancing alone in my Batcave telling Alfred not to come down because I am busy with all of the mysteries that I solve lol.

MoBet79

Reaction score
Roller Coaster Tycoon. I love building things and it just gets so addictive trying to keep your customers happy and your park maintained. I used to like to play Creatures. I can't get those games to work on my PC's anymore though. I spent hours playing them.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
A game that's totally my favorite guilty pleasure game is SSX Tricky. It shouldn't be a guilty pleasure game because it's an awesome game. I can never play it around my friends because they see it as a children's game. Whenever I'm alone, I throw it in every now and again. My friends are more first-person shooter types, though.Anyway, I love SSX Tricky. It's the only SSX game I like out of that franchise. Also, nostalgia.

Robbie626

Reaction score
GTA is a guilty pleasure of killing and stealing for me. I love gaining sin points on a digital game instead of real life. Lol

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Probably "The Sims". I don't know why, but from time to time I install Sims and create my character, and home, and then I remove it from my PC. Character creation is my favorite part of any game, so that is one of the reasons I like RPG games.

kenoobie

Reaction score
Probably the arcade piano and guitar hero. When I pass by an arcade I always look for one of those. I will probably play an hour or so if there is not much people around. I am quite conscious when there is a lot of people looking when I am playing but I really enjoy those games.

overcast

Reaction score
I think playing few hours before exam. I guess that qualifies for the guilty pleasure. I remember playing DOOM and also few other games. And I did that to get the tension off my mind. And so far that worked. I don't think it'd be working for all. And people who are doing a lot of those video game stuff are going to be having calm mind before exam.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
It has be euro truck simulator. Driving for like 2 hours across europe from losbon to moscow. Normally i do it when i'm really tired so it feels like i'm at the end of a long day driving. It's boring as hell as well. I don't know why i keep doing it . :D

thart

Reaction score
The idea of adults having guilty pleasure, anything is baffling to me. People are the same way with music and it's silly.
I really like the dead or alive beach volleyball games for their mechanics and abfuscated sub systems working in the background. Don't really care if anyone else does. Own it.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
There was a Playstation variant of the ever-popular Bust-A-Move game which featured supremely weird characters. These things were super trippy and the game's voiced bits were all in broken Engrish which lent a strange charm to the affair. It really has to be seen to be understood and I strongly recommend anyone who likes Bust-A-Move to check it out. It's an extremely silly game, but where as that might be a detractor in most other titles...it just somehow works with this one.

Last edited:

clinkguts

Reaction score
My guilty pleasure used to be Miniclip games especially Shawn skates. I still play them once in a month. :p

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Candy crush,it is actually my wife's game but i would play the game when im bored. Sometimes she would nag me on download the game on my own gadget. Its way better playing the game on her phone.

Joshmoy

Reaction score
I do not go for the idea of calling a game a guilty pleasure. I believe in playing the games I love, anytime and anywhere. I even have the super Mario game on my mobile phone. If I don't love a game, I don't play it. Once I play it, I'm always proud of it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Mine is definitely Sims 4. I've been playing Sims ever since the first one. I still remember when it first came out and everybody in my school was playing it. We even gathered at my friend's house and played it together by switching who's controlling the Sims.

I have the Sims 4 and Get to work expansion and I love it, I am guilty, lock me up. I don't play it all the time or anything like that. Maybe once per month but when I do it's for few hours straight. It can be so much fun trying to create people or families and then houses...
I was never hooked on Sims 4. I played a lot of 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 didn't really do it for me since it's like been there, done that sort of game. You do the same thing all over again when starting a new family, and the newer SIMS haven't really added much to the game apart from the expensive DLCs where you get themed items. I moved on to Cities: Skylines since you get to manage not just one house, but an entire city.