• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Whats your Favourite Type of Game?

GameCube

Reaction score
I like Mario adventure games the most. However, in second place, it's either Mario Kart or American football games. However, though, when I was younger, I also liked the baseball games. Possibly I'd like them again if I got into it.

Olly88

Reaction score
I like platformers the most, especially 2D ones. For me the most important thing by far in a game is the gameplay, and that's was platformers are all about. Also I find that they have more re-playability and are easier to go back to multiple times, as you can do different things like beat previous level times, collect more things etc.

anadrotowski

Reaction score
My favorite game genres are JRPG's and RPG's for the simple fact of story-lines and lore. They provide us with a significant story, with dynamic characters, each with their own stories and attributes that are unique from others in the game. It allows me to grow attachment with the characters and help feel their emotions throughout the story. They also have usually beautiful graphics and great stories.

Zephirial

Reaction score
Gotta say, open-world games suck me in. Skyrim's the best example. You're free to do what you want. Want to kill dragons and save the world? Alright Dovahkiin. Want to live a quiet life with a family? Alright, buy a house. Want to be a sneaky assassin in a creepy cult? Here's a dagger and here's how to crouch. I can be anything in Skyrim, and that's what made me love games.

lexcion

Reaction score
I love open world games like Skyrim and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Exploring things is just really exciting and the feeling of discovering something is a feeling that can't be matched for me. I also like games with good stories like the Bioshock Series since its kind of like watching a movie thats interactive in a way.

littlestar

Reaction score
Sims and RPGs are my favorite. I fell in love with Fire Emblem: Awakening a few years ago. It's magic, fantasy, strategy, romance, and has a great plot! I wasn't too impressed with Fates. I like a good story and Fates was just too weird for me. I recently played Tales of the Abyss and loved it! The introduction scene sold me completely.

Beautiful

Reaction score
I really enjoy playing sports games since I am a major fan of sports. I am as now playing FIFA 17 on my PS4 Pro. Fifa 17 some way or another figures out how to give you a naitive 4k resolution at a strong 60 fps which is really expressive. If only it supported HDR, it would presumably be the best looking game on the Pro. I don't think it's possible however that would of been great. Can't get enough of this game! :tongueclosed:

Supreme Leader Snoke

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
I like RPG's the best, I really like RPG's mixed with FPS, like a star wars battlefront thats also an RPG would be awesome.

EJ Burg

Reaction score
Well when I do decide to play. I would sit back and play Games like Dota, Age of Empires, Mount n Blade, Diablo and skyrm.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Sports Games, may it be console or PC. On PC, I'm playing Online Sports RPG, FreeStyle 2, Pangya, NBA 2K Online Taiwan. While on console, NBA 2K, Fifa, UFC and Racing games.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My favorite genre of video game definitely has to be RPG games. I play video games because I love to get immersed in other worlds and stories, and I'd say most if not all RPG games are made with the intention of immersing a person in the world's story as deeply as possible. All the better if they're open world, because then I also get to create my own story and adventures as I go out and just do random things.

Javo1096

Reaction score
It has always been the fighting games, specially the 1vs1 type I loved games like Street Fighter 2, Tekken 3 and Killer Instinct. I love this type of videogames mostly for the competition and the fact that you actually need to get to know the character that you're playing with, we all can see now what it has become on the competitive scene with the fighting genre of videogames, one of the biggest and most popular kind of e-sports.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I like the action, adventure, sports games. I like to play action games like CoD or Battlefront or Fracry, this ones have and adventure too, and I like to play sports games because my friends and I are crazy when we play tournaments and bet every time.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I love strategy, RPG and shooters mostly. From MOBA games, only SMITE. I used to play LoL but I quit it because of the community. RPGS games are by far the best genre for me. Because there is a lot to explore and do, unlock and the stories are usually amazing, the worlds as well. And of course the character creations, my favorite part.

RedVelvetCupcake2009

Reaction score
My favorite games are real life simulation and/or adventure games. I like to control things and see things go my way. It's entertaining. Who doesn't love some sweet thrill either? Now that I'm suffering from chronic stress, these first-person fighter games are also becoming my favorite. I get to release all that pent up energy that I bottle throughout the day.

kenoobie

Reaction score
action adventure games like Grim Dawn and Diablo 2. There is just something satisying about killing monsters and getting good loots from them. RPG games like skyrim are also my favorites because they are the same as reading a book but more interactive. RPG like books offers different worlds and tells different story that is entertaining and immersive.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Strategy games are my all time favourite. There was a time when I had played almost every available strategy game. I'm still a big fan of strategy games.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
MMORPGs. I like the experience of meeting new people from around the world and forming bonds with them, at the same time being hooked inside a virtual world which makes it more interesting. Sadly, not a lot of MMOs are social these days (which is why I'm planning to give ESO a try soon). But yeah, I mainly like to talk to people and grind maps with them, as well as have a bit of fun while failing to kill a boss.

overcast

Reaction score
Horror and First person shooter are my favorite genre. As you can see horror games are in my list like fear, resident evil. silent hill and few others. I also think some of the action based FPS games are good Though I don't spend much time playing them though. So it all comes down to how much such games are attractive enough for gameplay.