• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Whats your Favourite Type of Game?

Kudda

Reaction score
Whats your favourite type of game and why?

PC : Car race (Need for Speed Underground 2) and RTS Games

Hidden308

Reaction score
Adventure and action type of games. Some like Guild Wars 2 and Mass Effect 3. :p

22_22

Reaction score
My favourite genre of gaming would be sport, quiz games are also fun. :)

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Horror/survival :D Which I'm currently in the process of developing one!

Jayvux

Reaction score
My favorite genre for gaming would have to be MMORPG. FPS does not fall far behind at all. I am a huge fan of both genres (FPS and MMORPG).

TheFreeman

Reaction score
First-person shooter with either heavy RPG elements (like Fallout 3) or open-ended gameplay are very enjoyable. That's not to say I don't enjoy linear shooters, as long as they are not repetitive corridor shooters, but also include other things to do besides making stuff explode spectacularly.

iXanon

Reaction score
I'm a racer, always have been at heart.. I think it started with Porsche Challenge and Gran Turismo on the PSone.

I do enjoy some action and JRPG titles, but I have to be in the mood to play them. A racing game I can just load up and play for hours.

dagscot

Reaction score
Sports games and racers. I prefer the more arcade-y racer games to the super-realistic ones, like Gran Turismo. I mean, to me, it's more fun to be in a car that's not going to obey every law of physics. I want to be able to drift and overtake easily.

Oskar

Reaction score
Hard to say what my favorite genres are, but I'll go for RPG's with good stories.
I also love Indie games (Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Botanicula etc).

thepostman

Reaction score
Role-playing games are my favorite. I enjoy the immersive stories, large worlds to explore and characters with lots of depth. I like starting off weak and to get stronger as I play through the game and obtain new abilities.

Esperahol

Reaction score
Survival horror as it is the combination of my two favorite types of game play - survival (Fallout 3) and horror (Silent Hill). Sadly they just don't make enough of these types of games. Ah, well The Last of Us should be out very soon. I have been anticipating this game for what seems like forever. Although I do hope the AI holds up to scrutiny.

Shole

Reaction score
World of Warcraft :D it combines my 2 favorite things : Warcraft and a huge online community :D

Minecraft2201

Reaction score
My favorite TYPE of game would probably have to be first person shooters. There's really nothing more stress relieving than absolutely obliterating other players online.

lamanlupa

Reaction score
I'm old fashioned, so beat em ups will be the one on the top of every videogame list I have. I grew up with Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat and all the other titles that were "inspired" by them. Loved the competition, the pressure, the agile movement and of course the super moves/technics and how the names that were used to call them. Love the myths, the storylines, characters and the culture that came after it. I still play them with my very own worn out Playstation.

Dabstin

Reaction score
It used to be FPS but I think that only appealed to me because of nostalgia from playing Deus Ex when I was a kid and spending thousands of hours into the multiplayer for years. Right now I'm about open to anything, and I can enjoy anything regardless of its genre. I love racing games (when I'm in the mood), and I love RPGs, and even fighting games (preferably with a story). I can enjoy almost any type of game. Except strategy and MMOs or MOBAs. I just can't get into these types of games.

leahcim132

Reaction score
I like playing games that are competitive. For example, Counter Strike is a very competitive FPS game that fills this need. I also like game that requires some form of strategy like Starcraft and even Pokemon (against other players online). Though SC might be stressful at times, it's definitely a very rewarding game to learn and especially if you win.

djordjem87

Reaction score
I would have to go with first person shooting games and some sport games. When I say FPS I mean Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Medal of Honour and Battlefield and in that order. I play other as well but these classics are my favourites. If you ask me any given time of day I could play some Counter Strike without thinking. I guess I like the rush of the online multiplayer.

As for the sport games. PES and FIFA are among those I really like. I usually go and play with or against friends. We have marathon nights in these games. Before, it was PES but since FIFA started improving we play it more and more.

Liselle

Reaction score
Favorites are action / adventure / rpg type of games. Some of those games have an amazing lore and great game play. I'm starting to like some first person shooter games now and I find it to be fun when playing with others.