• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's a game you'd like to see remade?

Diogeneticist

Reaction score
I'd love to see a polished and updated Banjo Kazooie. I love the heck out of those games. But, it looks like the situation with Rare and Microsoft means that it'll never get a remake. Thankfully some of the Rare developers are making that new game which is basically just Banjo Kazooie but with different characters. I'm really excited about that!

zanderlex

Reaction score
I really want to see Guardian's Crusade remade. That was a great RPG from more than a decade ago and it would look great with todays graphics and an even bigger story.

Kaitara

Reaction score
Final Fantasy VII is already happening (yesssss) but I'd like Square-Enix to remake VI and VIII with current-gen graphics as well! Those would be fantastic games to adapt to PS4 thanks to their timeless storylines.

Other games I'd like to see remade are the Sailor Moon RPG for SNES (never released in the US but had a good English translation patch) and Valkyrie Profile.
Sailor Moon has recently had a revival and the game was big fun so I think it would go over fairly well. I understand that Valkyrie Profile had a re-release on PSP (or Vita, can't remember which), but console with updated graphics would do it so much more justice.

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I think Virtua Fighter could do with a facelift. Can you imagine how cool Dural would look with today's graphics? I'd also like to see what they could do with Atari's Pitfall.

babysharks

Reaction score
Definitely Metal Gear. I think if it was remade it would be a lot more interesting.

Phristo

Reaction score
skies-of-arcadia-legends-top-ten-image.jpg

"Skies of Arcadia" on the Dreamcast. It's really gold. Super open world game with alot of adventures and discoveries to find. I had so much fun playing this when I was a Kid. It has great story and gameplay. Awesome cut scenes and I super like the fight mechanics. I tried playing final fantasy 7 on the ps1 before but Skies of Arcadia is better for me. Skies of Arcadia just hits every good spot of mine. Hopefull it gets a remake.

MyOCDisMild

Reaction score
I would love to see a Duke Nukem game that actually did justice to the series as a whole. They put a new version out awhile back that I purchased as a digital download from the playstation store and I was beyond excited to play. I still have Duke Nukem 3D and play it frequently, but the newest version that they put out was deplorable and the online vs. gameplay was sketchy at best. The game was dull, and maybe my harsh review of it was due to the fact that I was expecting a certain type of game, something akin to the previous version and this game just didn't deliver.

A Doom remake wouldn't be too bad either.

abonnen

Reaction score
I would like to see Super Nintendo Zombies Ate my Neighbors remade, I don't know why I just like the game plus with all the zombie enthusiast right now I think it would go over quite well in the gaming world!

Steamroller

Reaction score
skies-of-arcadia-legends-top-ten-image.jpg

"Skies of Arcadia" on the Dreamcast. It's really gold. Super open world game with alot of adventures and discoveries to find. I had so much fun playing this when I was a Kid. It has great story and gameplay. Awesome cut scenes and I super like the fight mechanics. I tried playing final fantasy 7 on the ps1 before but Skies of Arcadia is better for me. Skies of Arcadia just hits every good spot of mine. Hopefull it gets a remake.

Agreed. Skies of Arcadia really deserves some love, is an unique japanese role playing game with outstanding atmosphere. The combat system gameplay was interesting but not its strongest asset, I think that merit goes to flying ship navigation and open world exploration capabilities.

fcuco

Reaction score
I would love some remakes or sequels to the MechWarrior series,I could even take it as a console game, I don't know what happened to that series really, for a time even a movie was rumored that was going to be set in that fictional universe. There are other Mech simulators but that one was nice.

pwarbi

Reaction score
Looking back over the countless amount of games I've played over the years, I'm going to pick a relatively recent release for my remake. The game that I have always loved and even still play now is GTA San Andreas, and I would love to see a Playstation 4 or Xbox ONE remake of that. Or maybe in the future even a VR version of the game because even though there have been many games released since then, even GTA games, that for me will always hold a place in my heart, and it would be nice to see Grove Street, Big Smoke and CJ again.

mastrSkyWalker

Reaction score
I would absolutely love a remake of Super Smash Bros. or Super Smash Bros: Melee. Either remake would be welcome in my books. With both, they really just need an update on their graphics and that's it. If they change any core gameplay, or change anything in the name of "balance," no one in either of the current communities surrounding the games will actually switch to the HD version, which would be very sad. As it is, the competitive communities that still play these games have slowly worked towards updating them in their own ways. There's a whole community dedicated to making Melee HD a reality with emulators, and people have been hard at work physically upgrading the Nintendo 64 hardware to run Smash Bros. without lag.

pwarbi

Reaction score
With VR technology coming to the fore these days, I bet there are a lot of games from the past that could make use of this new technology and it would transform an old game into almost a brand new one. I'd imagine that it might be hard to actually re-code and re-release, but I bet there are a lot of games that the publishers are looking at and thinking about re-releasing because they would work well with VR.

Blue Betta

Reaction score
The first Lands of Lore. I think it could use a character creator, because you could easily make a custom character as easily as using the pre-generated ones. It was a nice mix of a fighting and puzzle game, and I loved all the areas you could travel to during the story.
My second choice would be The Summoning. Again, a really good puzzle and RPG game that made you think. If you're not familiar with it, go back and look at some of the gameplay. It has a very high replay value.

Referal

Reaction score
Hmmmm....I would say Mortal Combat I know there one out there right now but I pefer the old ones

kingrichez

Reaction score
I would like to see a remake of Streets of rage, or maybe even Golden Axe.

john franklin

Reaction score
I would love to see the remake of " River Raid ". This is a game of Atari 2600 console. I still remember those days when I use to play this game for hours. This was a 4bit console and it had 64 built in games. it was the most interesting game of that time. Atari 2600 had a joystick to play this game. Its controller had an analog stick with a fire button on it.

We had to control a plane in this game and had to be away from hurdles. We had an option to refill the gas tank and this plane can fire the other objects, It was a great fun and I want some developer to make an HD version of it.

Zyni

Reaction score
I would be excited to see a remake (legacy server) for classic World of Warcraft. Some people call it Vanilla. Today's version just isn't the same game at all. They claim to have written over the code in later iterations, making the original unusable.

After a private server (emulated) was closed down, Blizzard talked about recreating classic WoW and hosting their own servers. It doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon. If they ever make it, I will play it. I know a lot of old school players who would come back for the original.

Sino989

Reaction score
Well, I know this id probably for classic games you're talking about but, I'd love to see Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 remade fr next gen consoles because that was one of my favorite CoDs.