• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's a game you'd like to see remade?

techbeast34

Reaction score
Any games you guys would like to see remade? What would you change and what'd you keep? For me, I'd say I'd like Custom Robo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom_Robo) to be remade. I'd probably change the graphics, because they could use an improvement, and I'd probably also change some of the weapons to not be too OP. What about you?

joshposh

Reaction score
Never mind the games. Why we bring back the ROB for the nes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B.). The useless robot that came with the old NES. This robot picks up signals from your old crt tv sets and does functions. It was a big marketing ploy to entice buyers after the big video games crash 1983.

Nintendo-M9-ROB-NES-Store-Display-6.jpg

dinomarino1

Reaction score
honestly i would love to see the classic n64 game snowboardkids remade! that game was extremely awesome without a doubt. another star wars KOTOR with added scenes and updated graphics would be ideal

Squigly

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Armored Fist series of tank games remade. I really enjoyed them back then in the early 2000s, they were really realistic, and in my opinion more fun than World of Tanks today.

Lights

Reaction score
I'd like to see a Chrono Trigger remake. I loved that game when I was a kid... I must have played through that a dozen times! A Final Fantasy VI remake would be amazing, as well. I'd imagine both of those games would be costly to remake though...

I wouldn't really change anything. A faithful remake for both would be great!

Medo22

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see Age of Empires return back to the scene. For me, that game was one of the best PC strategy games that one could play. However, the developers couldn't catch up with the technology that was advancing at the speed of light. Still, many people think that this is the one game that shaped PC strategy games! Till the very moment, I still play that game, but because the multiplayer server was shut down, I had to use some third-party websites to play multiplayer and I was shocked by the large numbers of people still playing!

Of the entire series, AOE The Asian Dynasties was my favorite, as it had the best graphics. However, I still like and play The Conquerors, as it embarked my love for the series.

The AOE online was not comparable to the rest of the series though, it was not even equivalently good in any possible way! It was a failure which sealed the faith of the beloved series. As written on the game's website on the game's final day, "All good things must come to an end, and that time has come for Age of Empires Online,"

I truly miss this game, and wish it would return. Any AOE fans here?

LitoLawless

Reaction score
Well, I just heard that Final Fantasy VII is being remade so my dream is coming true! I would also like to see a Chrono Trigger remake of some sort (maybe action RPG). I would also like to see a Captain Commando remake or some sort. I think he is an underutilized property that has the potential to become really popular.

BluBird

Reaction score
Burnout Paradise is my favorite racing game off all-time. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. My dream scenario would be for them to actually use licensed vehicles, expand on the motorcycles add-on (even let you race motorcycles along side regular cars), and add another section on to the map in addition to Big Surf Island.

utneqo7d

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see Age of Empires return back to the scene. For me, that game was one of the best PC strategy games that one could play. However, the developers couldn't catch up with the technology that was advancing at the speed of light. Still, many people think that this is the one game that shaped PC strategy games! Till the very moment, I still play that game, but because the multiplayer server was shut down, I had to use some third-party websites to play multiplayer and I was shocked by the large numbers of people still playing!

Of the entire series, AOE The Asian Dynasties was my favorite, as it had the best graphics. However, I still like and play The Conquerors, as it embarked my love for the series.

The AOE online was not comparable to the rest of the series though, it was not even equivalently good in any possible way! It was a failure which sealed the faith of the beloved series. As written on the game's website on the game's final day, "All good things must come to an end, and that time has come for Age of Empires Online,"

Well, I haven't played any age of empires games, though I played age of mythology and I absolutely loved it!

Myself I would like to see a remake of Mario Kart Double Dash for the gamecube. It had some of the greatest tracks in mario kart history, and it's unique concept was real fun! I don't really understand why Nintendo hasn't remade the double dash mode for their latest Mario Kart games, as it would definitely be a success.

Jojo83

Reaction score
A new remake of Wario Land would be interesting. Wario was great in the gameboy featuring unique gameplay and a lot of Nintendo's creativity. In short, the game was a blast to play. I just wish that nintendo would make a remake of this game so that it can get out of Mario's shadow.

AdaKennedy26

Reaction score
I would love PS1 games to be remade for the next gen consoles. I don't know about game devs or the producers. Who knows maybe it's their last resort and maybe it's not...but remaking FF7 and RE2 would make them filthy rich. It would make the fans so happy. Although I'm on the fence with retro games with tank controls and weird camera angles in general, it would be awesome. My first Final Fantasy was the 8th one. It would be a blast to play that too on next gen. Oh yeah Bust a Groove or Bust a Move Tengoku Mix (dancing game from Enix and 989 studios). If I can remake that myself or create a sequel, I would. However, a Kinect game of that would be hard to pull off. Only pros can dance like Kitty-N.

Ridge

Reaction score
Mystical Ninja for the N64. It pioneered a lot of things that Ocarina of Time gets credit for, despite coming out earlier. But Mystical Ninja was a more entertaining game.

Also Tetris Attack. More Tetris Attack would be nice.

Ridge

Reaction score
Mystical Ninja for the N64. It pioneered a lot of things that Ocarina of Time gets credit for, despite coming out earlier. But Mystical Ninja was a more entertaining game.

Also Tetris Attack. More Tetris Attack would be nice.

primaLucid

Reaction score
I'd love to see Dig Dug remade. That was one of my favorite games, I used to play on the Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. I loved digging tunnels and killing monsters. It is one of the great classics in my book, and I hope it gets some love in the developing department in the future.

COD

Reaction score
How far back are we going? One of my favorite games of all time is GTA Vice City. It was released in 2002 and although the graphics can be a bit hard to look at, especially the faces, the missions are so much fun. I've played a lot of the other GTA titles, but in my opinion, nothing comes close to Vice City. I really wish they'd remake it so that I could play some different missions. I must have finished the game about 20 times over the last few years.

weepforsweep

Reaction score
The NES version of Final Fantasy 3 being remade in 2D form like Final Fantasy 1 and 2. That game deserves a 2D polish.

Zalaria

Reaction score
If anything from my childhood could be remade with the same nostalgic quality, it would be the original Spyro trilogy. I have all three games and have yet to fully complete any of them, but if they were to get a remake, it would be stellar.

joshposh

Reaction score

Age of Empires 2 was the first PC game that I had bought. I was addicted to the thing. I played it all the way through the night until it was time to go to work in the morning.

I did buy Age of Empires 3 and had luke warm feeling about that one. I also tried Age of Mythology which I also liked and it had the feel of AOE 1 but with the added mythology of the greeks, egyptians, and norse gods.

I wouldn't mind seeing AOE back in style agani with upgraded graphics and interface. That would be interesting.

Sharon

Reaction score
I would love an upgraded version of Age of Empires as well. I literally could spend HOURS playing that game and only stopping to eat and use the restroom. lol

Another game that I think would be pretty AWESOME if they remade it... CONTRA. This was one of my absolute favorite NES games. Are there any others that share this nostalgia with me? ;)

Here is a relative interesting video:

Martin

Reaction score
Don't know how many people remember them but I would love to see the first two Dino Crisis games remade, they were great fun back in the day and I would love to see Capcom revive the series.