• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion This community is gonna die, but we can still save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

Reaction score
Why haven't you said anything to the CW upper management then? What's the difference of me posting this vs you replying?

CW Is doing fine, what is there to say? ParaDyce has a doc that I makesure gets done. I have nothing to say to upper management. I'm the Head Developer. I manage developers. If there was something to say to upper management I would say it.

alaughingchip

Reaction score
Who the fuck is this?

The key to a "dieing" community are people who have this type of negative look on it.

Don't care how long anyone has been in this community, I've been playing Gmod for a long time and have invested a lot of time in a lot of communities. I know exactly what "dieing" is, this community is not dieing. The game Garry's Mod is dieing. The only reason we had our peaks etc is because of the hype of different star wars related stuff coming out I.E. the new Battlefront and the new Rogue One movie. You can't expect people to play on the same server over and over and over again when nothing is really changing and nothing "revolutionary" is being added. People are out there pre-ordering Ghost Recon Wildlands cause free-roam is new to the Ghost Recon series, you will see that "die" out within the next few months, because that's what gamers do; they move on from one fun thing to another.

I've been talking to Twos and Charger about a special something to be added to a special server, I hope it helps make the server have something new on it, but until then I will keep it confidential.

But for real, starting posts like this in the past communities I've been in puts everyone in that mind set that "yeah the community is dieing" and then next thing you know they start leaving 1 by 1. Best advice is to keep it quiet and talk to higher ups on ways to avoid planting the "dieing" mentality in everyone's head (too late now) and instead to try and plant a "fuck yeah the server got better" mentality by giving ideas to improve.

P.S. I know the higher ups for clone wars are lazy as shit and don't do anything unless Jordan tells them to, but it is all in the process of what I'm working with Twos with. Hopefully server will improve.... Also as far as adding people to new ranks? my opinion, work the tree. 1 promotion at a time we don't know who to trust except people who have per severed their way through the staff tree, rather than someone who pops in every now and then riding the "4 year throne"

Fuck I typed a lot good luck reading.

Nightmare2125

Reaction score
Who the fuck is this?

The key to a "dieing" community are people who have this type of negative look on it.

Don't care how long anyone has been in this community, I've been playing Gmod for a long time and have invested a lot of time in a lot of communities. I know exactly what "dieing" is, this community is not dieing. The game Garry's Mod is dieing. The only reason we had our peaks etc is because of the hype of different star wars related stuff coming out I.E. the new Battlefront and the new Rogue One movie. You can't expect people to play on the same server over and over and over again when nothing is really changing and nothing "revolutionary" is being added. People are out there pre-ordering Ghost Recon Wildlands cause free-roam is new to the Ghost Recon series, you will see that "die" out within the next few months, because that's what gamers do; they move on from one fun thing to another.

I've been talking to Twos and Charger about a special something to be added to a special server, I hope it helps make the server have something new on it, but until then I will keep it confidential.

But for real, starting posts like this in the past communities I've been in puts everyone in that mind set that "yeah the community is dieing" and then next thing you know they start leaving 1 by 1. Best advice is to keep it quiet and talk to higher ups on ways to avoid planting the "dieing" mentality in everyone's head (too late now) and instead to try and plant a "fuck yeah the server got better" mentality by giving ideas to improve.

P.S. I know the higher ups for clone wars are lazy as shit and don't do anything unless Jordan tells them to, but it is all in the process of what I'm working with Twos with. Hopefully server will improve.... Also as far as adding people to new ranks? my opinion, work the tree. 1 promotion at a time we don't know who to trust except people who have per severed their way through the staff tree, rather than someone who pops in every now and then riding the "4 year throne"

Fuck I typed a lot good luck reading.
You didn't read my reply to Twos, it's cool. I stated that I didn't make this post to try and get my old position back, so point to me. Also, I never said add people to new ranks, another point to me. As well as I'm not the first person who said this, I jumped on the "dying community" train super fucking late, I've gotten all my information from plenty of general players of the community as well as @Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) and really? "Riding the 4 year throne"? That's the best you could come up with? That's just another 5 points to me for your sheer stupidity on an entirely to false of a claim. You're insinuating that either A: I'm not allowed to talk about this community's past otherwise I'll be labeled as a elitist cause I apparently think that I'm superior. Or B: That just because my time in this community doesn't mean shit and therefor shouldn't be talked about (somewhat of a fascist move) Either way, you're "incite" on this matter is clearly based on experiences from outside this community and thus you believe that you're immediately right. And also, I am who the fuck wrote this, so watch your fucking tone, unless you plan on not keeping this civil, in which case, I'll have to get forum staff to handle the complain that I'll have to put on you for insulting me with harsh words. This post is directed to those who have clearly seen a dramatic change in staff ethics and efficiency, lack of player base, and overall "free roaming" of community guidelines.

alaughingchip

Reaction score
You didn't read my reply to Twos, it's cool. I stated that I didn't make this post to try and get my old position back, so point to me. Also, I never said add people to new ranks, another point to me. As well as I'm not the first person who said this, I jumped on the "dying community" train super fucking late, I've gotten all my information from plenty of general players of the community as well as @Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) and really? "Riding the 4 year throne"? That's the best you could come up with? That's just another 5 points to me for your sheer stupidity on an entirely to false of a claim. You're insinuating that either A: I'm not allowed to talk about this community's past otherwise I'll be labeled as a elitist cause I apparently think that I'm superior. Or B: That just because my time in this community doesn't mean shit and therefor shouldn't be talked about (somewhat of a fascist move) Either way, you're "incite" on this matter is clearly based on experiences from outside this community and thus you believe that you're immediately right. And also, I am who the fuck wrote this, so watch your fucking tone, unless you plan on not keeping this civil, in which case, I'll have to get forum staff to handle the complain that I'll have to put on you for insulting me with harsh words. This post is directed to those who have clearly seen a dramatic change in staff ethics and efficiency, lack of player base, and overall "free roaming" of community guidelines.

Hell no my toddler intention span'd ass aint reading all that.

Disco Turtle

Reaction score
This looked better in my head
25in72h.jpg

Can't come up with anything to add to the discussion atm, it's too late

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
As another long time member of this community, I agree with nightmare. Also the Army is the best branch.

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
Personally, I don't like Nightmare, and it's because of reasons like one of his most recent comments as to why I don't like him. But. He does have a point.

Something needs to change.

Blisk

Reaction score
Money... opportunity? I'm not sure myself, Didn't even know about the merge until it was about to happen. The EN Merge, that is.
Really? That is a little surprising to me since even I was told at the time as staff manager.... You'd think that would be pertinent information to tell a server director.

If you all think there needs to be a change, just begin getting people's attention IN THE RIGHT WAY. What I mean by that is make sure it's constructive and positive, not negative. Butterfly effects go a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siberian

Reaction score
Well @Nightmare2125, it may be true I don't leave my channel too often, but that's because I'm completely open to people poking me and I don't want to seem like "that guy" who stalks everybody, entering other channels when not invited. Although when needed, I am more than happy to help where I can. Lately I haven't been able to do all that much due to needing to take care of my mother. But to actually be useful in this post and to try helping the community, I have a suggestion.

Why is it that we don't advertise on other medias like reddit or tumblr? We can't expect people to see the server, join it and stay there. There are way too many servers for us to bank on the Gmod server list. If we want to see more people on servers and in a community, we need to reach out. We should get some reddit posts going, a tumblr page, an Endless Networks twitter page and/or Facebook page. We need to reach out to others who are looking for servers and try and convince them that we are what they are looking for.

Of course, this is my opinion. I could be wrong and this may not help at all but if you want change, and you want an effort, I say we try this. This may grant us more players and if there's a possibility of that, why not try? We lost people after the merge and you all are right, we will continue to lose people. Everything has a shelf life, including communities and servers. If you guys want to see an extended shelf life of this community, then we need to reach out.

(This is all my opinion from what I've seen work. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you all have a nice day)

~Siberian

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
Well @Nightmare2125, it may be true I don't leave my channel too often, but that's because I'm completely open to people poking me and I don't want to seem like "that guy" who stalks everybody, entering other channels when not invited. Although when needed, I am more than happy to help where I can. Lately I haven't been able to do all that much due to needing to take care of my mother. But to actually be useful in this post and to try helping the community, I have a suggestion.

Why is it that we don't advertise on other medias like reddit or tumblr? We can't expect people to see the server, join it and stay there. There are way too many servers for us to bank on the Gmod server list. If we want to see more people on servers and in a community, we need to reach out. We should get some reddit posts going, a tumblr page, an Endless Networks twitter page and/or Facebook page. We need to reach out to others who are looking for servers and try and convince them that we are what they are looking for.

Of course, this is my opinion. I could be wrong and this may not help at all but if you want change, and you want an effort, I say we try this. This may grant us more players and if there's a possibility of that, why not try? We lost people after the merge and you all are right, we will continue to lose people. Everything has a shelf life, including communities and servers. If you guys want to see an extended shelf life of this community, then we need to reach out.

(This is all my opinion from what I've seen work. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you all have a nice day)

~Siberian
Not a bad idea, it's a shame banana will never see it (Wa waaaaa)

In all seriousness, that sounds like a good idea in concept, but what if there isn't enough people looking at these feeds? What if we don't see don't catch people's attention? What if people who play games don't have social media outlet accounts, like me? These are situations that we need to consider when talking about things like this.

Xperienced

Reaction score
I'm new here, but I think you sounded too hard to the names you mentioned. If I may say, from my few days of visiting, I've noticed quite a few new things which ain't seen on the other community sites I have worked with. It only requires consistency to keep improving to stay at the top.I'll suggest that some of his suggestions be considered for legislation. I'll make my reasonable contribution as I learn and get familiar with the environment here

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm new here, but I think you sounded too hard to the names you mentioned. If I may say, from my few days of visiting, I've noticed quite a few new things which ain't seen on the other community sites I have worked with. It only requires consistency to keep improving to stay at the top.I'll suggest that some of his suggestions be considered for legislation. I'll make my reasonable contribution as I learn and get familiar with the environment here

This is OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDD. Since the dates mentioned numerous people have left the community to form different servers, CW has undergone a lot of change, and many other different types of reformation.

Drama that was on the Endless Networks forums that merged into GR is no longer here and we managed to purge it.

Our gaming servers were only thing downing the community, not the community itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.