• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion This community is gonna die, but we can still save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare2125

Reaction score
I've been apart of this community for the last 4 years now. I've been ranks that aren't even here anymore. And I've been kicked out for some pretty stupid reasons, but I always keep coming back. I'm more or less likely not going to believe that ALL 3 of the Founders ( @TheGrandBanana@Jordan @zdeathclock ) are not gonna see this and actually give any kind of feedback. But I've noticed that our community that has a million different reputations is dying, and it doesn't seem like anyone cares enough to want to make a change. @Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) really seems like the only Supervisor who's really willing to make a change, I rarely see @Siberian leave his channel, and @Jog (with respect) doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing. I've been apart of this community for a long time, but I've only been apart of Endless for maybe about 2 months now. Maybe I'm wrong and the Community is at it's best, better than it's ever been. Or maybe I'm right and it's actually dying. I have a few ideas that I think should be worth the attempt, because IF this community is dying, then we need change. We need more strict regulations when it comes to Staff readiness, and effectiveness. One thing that the Supervisors should implement, are random efficiency tests to review once a month, it should show us as staff, that we have to always be on our best, we have to be willing to take the time in order to play on the server, and take a test.

As I said before, maybe I'm wrong and this community is fine. But I've seen CW with 100 players everyday for months, then we switched to Axiom and it went down to 60-80, then Endless and it barely get's 15-30. And FO is the same. So I think anyone that want's to see positive change come to this community, should reply with more ideas that could be used to help us. Show the Founders that we need better change, IF change is due.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truffle

Reaction score
tbhidontknowwhyyouaren'tasupervisor
alsoIdontreallyhavemuchofaninputsinceidissapearedforamonthortwobutwhathashappened?everybodyhassometypeofbeefespeciallyinFO
sorryforthesmalltextitsjusthowIliketotype

Valerie

Retired Administrative Staff
Reaction score
I actually agree, to a point. Credit to @Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) since I agree, he is the only supervisor doing his job. We need change, and to try new things.

zdeathclock

HOI4 Player
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I like to think that we do not need anymore supervisors and if we did I'd want to promote someone who is already a server director because putting someone in place with past experience who is returning would do more harm than good to the people who have been working to try and improve and run the server that they are in charge of. My only real policy that I have been trying to enforce more is to let the server directors run the server and do what they see fit about it and the community supervisors should only step in if they think a decision from the directors will cause more harm than good. It's why they are the server director; they have the most experience on their particular server and know how to play with the players and how to improve upon the server. I love to hear suggestions from people though about what we could do to try and improve and I think " We need more strict regulations when it comes to Staff readiness, and effectiveness" is a good suggestion but not for the community supervisor; that should be for the server director and staff manager of the server while the community supervisor watches the director and staff manager.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
So if anyone cares to hear my opinion, continue reading. If not then...stop...reading....

I've been in this community for a bit now(May 30th, 2015) and I've seen quite a bit.
I have seen servers come and go, ideas be shot down and some accepted.
But at this point in the community, I see it dying.
Were are down to like 1 server that still gets a half decent amount of players but it never has the amount of players we have had in the past.
And in that past, we had several other servers running as well and still maintained all the server populations.
But now....we are down to 1......
Clearly something isn't being done correctly or people are just not interested anymore.

Miller

Reaction score
It's not really the supervisors jobs to do everything. Servers have Devs and Directors. The job of a supervisor is to SUPERVISE hence the name. It's up to the devs and directors to do everything and if they step out of line the supervisor steps in. This community goes up and down. People just over react when it goes down. The more you go "ITS DYING ITS DYING" the more people loose hope. If you just leave it to the directors and devs to do there job it goes back up. It's always been like that. If you think they aren't doing a good enough job talk to the supervisors or if it's a dev talk to the directors. If you see CW Devs not doing anything, talk to me. The community has been said to be dying for a long time and it's always fine people just over react it.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
The community has been said to be dying for a long time and it's always fine.
But is it really fine? FO is circling the drain, and CW isn't too far behind unless it keeps its player count.
We can't keep saying everything is truly fine every time when in reality, everything is not.
One of these days the community will go "down" but it will go "down" for good or for at least a decent period of time.

Georgia/Fragger

IM Server Admin
Reaction score
It's not really the supervisors jobs to do everything. Servers have Devs and Directors. The job of a supervisor is to SUPERVISE hence the name. It's up to the devs and directors to do everything and if they step out of line the supervisor steps in. This community goes up and down. People just over react when it goes down. The more you go "ITS DYING ITS DYING" the more people loose hope. If you just leave it to the directors and devs to do there job it goes back up. It's always been like that. If you think they aren't doing a good enough job talk to the supervisors or if it's a dev talk to the directors. If you see CW Devs not doing anything, talk to me. The community has been said to be dying for a long time and it's always fine people just over react it.

Saying to not worry about a community dying could be compared to a dying animal. They're bleeding slowly but eventually it happens. And no in my eyes players won't loose hope, I think they're attempt to grow it again. Not only that but the last three years I've been here (at least dedicated time) it has never been this bad. At LEAST the server at 40 people on, and this was at like 3:00 AM So the fact that we aren't even getting that in our high times? That shows that there's an issue..

Not only that, but I am going to say this; it isn't just the Founders, Supervisors, and directors fault. In a lot of ways its the players issue. For example before when people got warned? They were like "Oh Okay, I'll stop." Now its like a fucking shit storm happens and its the end of the world, not only that but its just the lack of dedicated players which we've been driving off for a long ass time. In fact I made an entire post on this issue speaking about how its not that we don't have players we just don't have dedicated players.

Nightmare2125

Reaction score
With the fact that I've been in this community almost sine it's birth, I can agree that it's had close calls before. But this is the closest call we've had so far, the only time this community only ever had 1 server, is when it was founded and only running DarkRP before CW. It's never been this bad, and when I hear that 1 founded practicality has no power to do anything, another Founder doesn't care anymore, and the last Founded is just a follower, then what good does that leave us? We all need to get involved and I don't see a lot of people really doing that anymore.

Nightmare2125

Reaction score
I like to think that we do not need anymore supervisors and if we did I'd want to promote someone who is already a server director because putting someone in place with past experience who is returning would do more harm than good to the people who have been working to try and improve and run the server that they are in charge of. My only real policy that I have been trying to enforce more is to let the server directors run the server and do what they see fit about it and the community supervisors should only step in if they think a decision from the directors will cause more harm than good. It's why they are the server director; they have the most experience on their particular server and know how to play with the players and how to improve upon the server. I love to hear suggestions from people though about what we could do to try and improve and I think " We need more strict regulations when it comes to Staff readiness, and effectiveness" is a good suggestion but not for the community supervisor; that should be for the server director and staff manager of the server while the community supervisor watches the director and staff manager.
This wasn't really a post to try any get my old position back, this is me telling you guys that it's time for a change in direction, unless we're giving up. I was pretty involved with the community when I was @Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) rank, I helped looked for new additions for addons, I helped figure out who should be promoted and who should be demoted, I rarely stepped in for any big server decisions because there was a Server Manager assigned to the server. But as a Supervisor, their job shouldn't be to just wait it out till shit hits the fan, they should be a constant line of communication between the lower staff, and you guys. The Supervisor should be a voice for those who don't have the permissions to go and see you directly.

Miller

Reaction score
I'm not saying sit there and watch it. I'm saying don't need to make such a fuss. Take problems to Directors which gets passed on to devs etc. If the director doesn't do there job to keep the server alive talk to the supervisor. Don't just go on the forums and say it's dying it's not gonna fix anything.

Nightmare2125

Reaction score
Why haven't you said anything to the CW upper management then? What's the difference of me posting this vs you replying?

Blisk

Reaction score
OK. I've been on LOA since I had unexpected bills and shit for me has it the fan (yaaaay I read a reply!). All I can say is, you're not wrong. We have pushed for more communication. I prefer to keep things between people, but before my LOA, I did end up talking with supervisors and up. A few at least. If there hasn't been a change, I apologise on behalf of them. The thing is, ya gotta understand there are peaks and cliffs when it comes to anything. You can have like 100s of players for straight months or even years. That drops since ya can't expect people to be entertained the entire time on a Garry's mod server. There are other games coming out/that have come out that some people have waited for for years and years. Yes, the community is dying, and has been, trust me, I've noticed the drops of the players, since as MANAGEMENT I MANAGE how staff is and listen to players even if I can't help em. All in all, we need 100x the communication and 100x less of always being watched. Hell, we asked people to let us do what we think will be good, and we ROSE in player base. That dropped because old habits die hard.

Now, as a suggestion, instead of making a post to draw attention, I'd say starting talking with people who are in the management, director, supervisor ranks and bring people who want to help the server and speak with them. That's the best thing I can say for this.

Nightmare2125

Reaction score
OK. I've been on LOA since I had unexpected bills and shit for me has it the fan (yaaaay I read a reply!). All I can say is, you're not wrong. We have pushed for more communication. I prefer to keep things between people, but before my LOA, I did end up talking with supervisors and up. A few at least. If there hasn't been a change, I apologise on behalf of them. The thing is, ya gotta understand there are peaks and cliffs when it comes to anything. You can have like 100s of players for straight months or even years. That drops since ya can't expect people to be entertained the entire time on a Garry's mod server. There are other games coming out/that have come out that some people have waited for for years and years. Yes, the community is dying, and has been, trust me, I've noticed the drops of the players, since as MANAGEMENT I MANAGE how staff is and listen to players even if I can't help em. All in all, we need 100x the communication and 100x less of always being watched. Hell, we asked people to let us do what we think will be good, and we ROSE in player base. That dropped because old habits die hard.

Now, as a suggestion, instead of making a post to draw attention, I'd say starting talking with people who are in the management, director, supervisor ranks and bring people who want to help the server and speak with them. That's the best thing I can say for this.
Thing is, it's not a lack of players due to lack of entertainment, it's the pure fact that we've went through so many community changes, that people couldn't keep up. If we had stayed ASG, we would be so much more better off.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
Thing is, it's not a lack of players due to lack of entertainment, it's the pure fact that we've went through so many community changes, that people couldn't keep up. If we had stayed ASG, we would be so much more better off.
Why did we even change?

Valerie

Retired Administrative Staff
Reaction score
Why did we even change?
Money... opportunity? I'm not sure myself, Didn't even know about the merge until it was about to happen. The EN Merge, that is.

Nightmare2125

Reaction score
Money... opportunity? I'm not sure myself, Didn't even know about the merge until it was about to happen. The EN Merge, that is.
The EN merge was more about Banana not wanting to be in charge anymore honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.