• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Legend of Zelda Series

Gladdy

Reaction score
Absolutely love all of the Zelda games. I even played them on my Gameboy as a child. I had no idea what I was doing but it was still fun chopping down those bushes with your sword :D

My top three Zelda games are: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Link Between Worlds. I own all three on my 3DS XL and I've finished them 100%. I am surprised that nobody is mentioning Link Between Worlds too often. Why's that? I really enjoyed that game and the style it was made in. It reminded me of the older ones so much. The bosses were also fun and not too hard. It deserves more love for sure!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of this franchise. Not that I hated it or anything, it's just that I played a lot more Pokemon rather than Zelda, and I think there's a line between the two franchises. The two game series both have tons of gameplay hours, so it's either one or the other for me, since I didn't have all the time in the world. I think I made the right choice though, since Pokemon indeed become popular in multiple platforms, and still holds strong even today.

overcast

Reaction score
I loved the series from the old games to the new game. I think they changed a lot of things over a period of time. It was pretty fun to explore all over the game and finding new stuff. I loved that tone of the game though. I am considering to use this type of the game series if you ask me. Hopefully game turns out more with some new features.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Unlike most people, I actually didn't grow up playing The Legend of Zelda video games. My childhood was mostly dominated by Super Mario Bros. and Pokémon. However, I have recently picked up from the beginning in order to see what all the fuss is about. After all, you can't really call yourself a true gamer if you've never played a Zelda game. I'm currently playing through Ocarina of Time, which I'm enjoying. However I have to say that I really loved playing A Link to the Past. It was such an amazing game, I instantly added it to my favorites.

Lexi

Reaction score
Ocarina of Time is by far my favorite. However, I did enjoy Majora's mask, even if it was a change in the franchise. The Legend of Zelda games will probably never get old for me. I love the storyline and general adventures in the game. Something I can't get in other games no matter how many years pass.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Although it is no longer a game so requested by me (but I still like to play it sometimes :smiley:), it has a place saved in my list of favorite games. It's definitely na excelent franchise and deserves all recognition. :wink:

JaiGuru

Reaction score
If you're going to play A Link Between Worlds you really owe it to yourself to play A Link to the Past first. ALBW is essentially a sequel and takes place largely in the same map. It was the first of the "modern" Zelda titles and the one which established the formula which would be repeated in just about every Zelda game until Breath of the Wild; Do the opener and discover you're the main dude, get the three special baubles, fight the sixish beasts at the end of the dungeons, slay the pig, we all have pulled pork sandwiches. That all began with ALTTP.

I am known for having rosy colored glasses when it comes tot he SNES because I grew up with it and it was my favorite console for most of my life but that is legitimately a good game which has held up surprisingly well.