• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Last Game You Lost Sleep Over

AnonLu

Reaction score
Yup. This happens many times for me. The Witcher 3, XCOM 2, Forza Horizon 1 & 2, Pokemon Platinum (played through that game seven times :D) and a few others. All games that I've lost a nights sleep over. Most recently was Battlefield 4, and Rainbow Six Siege though. Playing multiplayer all night.

Belovedad

Reaction score
For a game that actually has a plot, I've done this with Devil May Cry 3. However, I constantly play multiplayer games for the whole night. Most notably, League even though only bad players play late.

Joel7050

Reaction score
Minecraft. Some may say it's kiddy and dumb with bad graphics, but I stay on for the community. I've become quite popular on some of their servers and just can't bring myself to log off. Multiplayer is the main thing, if not the only thing, that's keeping me playing. The ability to just communicate while meeting players and help each other out just makes the community a fun and friendly place, where i greatly enjoy myself.

AnonLu

Reaction score
Minecraft. Some may say it's kiddy and dumb with bad graphics, but I stay on for the community. I've become quite popular on some of their servers and just can't bring myself to log off. Multiplayer is the main thing, if not the only thing, that's keeping me playing. The ability to just communicate while meeting players and help each other out just makes the community a fun and friendly place, where i greatly enjoy myself.

Exactly! That's one of the many reasons why I enjoy multiplayer in games so much, even more than single player. Minecraft isn't my cup of tea, but I've logged probably about 40 hours into multiplayer. The Minecraft community really gets such a negative rap.

NotCasual

Reaction score
Haha, the last 5 times would be Total War Medieval 2. I'd be looking at the clock and see that I'll have to go to bed right away if I want to get 8 hours of sleep. I'll be like, 2 more turns, I've almost destroyed Hungary! And of course I'd forgot that 2 turns at this stage of the game take about an hour... So I would use it as an excuse. Something like ''I've only got 7 hours left, might as well make it 6.''

Oh god...

Arcticlands

Reaction score
Black desert does this to me currently. Like i have suppose to gone to bed when typing all these messages.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I consistently lose sleep over Civilization V, even after having logged hundreds of hours with it. Most Civilization players, no matter which installment you're playing, are more than familiar with the phrase "Okay, just one more turn and then I'm going to bed!" To be honest I don't even understand what is so captivating about the game. Perhaps it's the fact that you have a plan and you're waiting to watch it unfold, or you just want to complete your latest tech research project, or see what that jerk Alexander is doing moving his army by your border. So much to it that makes it such an addicting experience.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I consistently lose sleep over Civilization V, even after having logged hundreds of hours with it. Most Civilization players, no matter which installment you're playing, are more than familiar with the phrase "Okay, just one more turn and then I'm going to bed!" To be honest I don't even understand what is so captivating about the game. Perhaps it's the fact that you have a plan and you're waiting to watch it unfold, or you just want to complete your latest tech research project, or see what that jerk Alexander is doing moving his army by your border. So much to it that makes it such an addicting experience.

Yup, I can relate to that "one more turn" or "only till i get that (tech)" then end up playing longer than I wanted to. Civilization is really immersive and can really suck a player in.

thart

Reaction score
I totally experienced that before with Resident evil. I spend day and night playing it. But honestly it was a bad experience because i noticed some changes in my body, less sleep.

WarVet

Reaction score
The last game I lost sleep over was a Civilization 5 game. Right, so it's late game and I have nuclear missiles so does Greece. At this point, nobody would expect a nuclear war yes? Well, it happened. It kept my up until 5 am. haha

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I've played Arcane Legends for a whole day before and only slept for two hours just so I could go back to grinding dungeons. It's unhealthy, and the fact that it's an MMO doesn't make it any easier for me because it's a constant race to improving yourself there. I've never done it with single player games before however, I've never been that addicted to playing by myself, I was always the competitive player that doesn't want to spend cash so I end up grinding for my own gear.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, I have a lot of time without staying awake all night for a game, but I remember that the last game was Farcry 3, I remember that I start playing it at 5 pm and when I saw the clock again it was the 4 am, and I had to go to school that day, you can imagine my face in the classes.

Neo

Reaction score
I couldn't sleep while playing Uncharted. I just had to continue playing it irrespective of the time. I've even pulled some all nighters for Assassin's Creed, God of War, The Witcher, Metal Gear Solid, Red Dead Redemption, Far Cry, etc.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Honestly... I can't recall such game, well maybe World of Warcraft like fifteen years ago when we had those long hour raids. You know the 40 men raids that first took two hours to even begin because imagine trying to get 40 people to show up at a certain time... then buffing up (which you had to manually buff every single person) and finally beginning. Before you knew it, it was 2-3 AM and I had school the next day, haha. I think that was probably the only game that I actually missed sleep over.

The single player based games don't really affect me or make me addicted to the point where I'd not sleep and I'd game for hours straight.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Witcher 3 for me. First time I played I was really hooked with the story that I just couldn't look away to do side quests or even just play their card game. I wanted to know what happens in the story so badly I rushed through most of the side quests just to get to the next main quest, and I ended up being underleveled. Still, it was a great experience, and I really enjoyed the story a lot. The game devs really did a great job creating that masterpiece.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Well, I still remember when I stayed on my PC until 4 AM playing Dota 2, it was really crazy because I was somehow trying to increase my ranked MMR and apparently I was winning many matches in a row, and I could not just stop playing because I was somehow feeling lucky that night, I still remember I won 10 games and lost one that night, I turned off the PC right after I lost my last match, I got really upset and stuff, good times ;)
Yikes, me too. I had that phase playing Dota (both the first one and the Valve one) because I really just wanted to get better no matter the cost. It got me sleeping in class, having to watch and read guides online to see any flaws in my game, and really just keep playing to help with the game's decision making and reflexes. It was a phase, and I'm glad I got past it with nothing more than some eye strains.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
The last game I lost sleep over I was developing on Roblox. It was a Call of Duty parody version (Call of Robloxia: Roblox at War). That game took hours to script under Lua code and implementing a graphic user interface (GUI). I and several others spent months on that game prior to it being officially released in 2010.

Besides that, I normally don't have sleepless nights when gaming even on newly released titles. I get my rest:tearsofjoy:

valy

Reaction score
That would be Counter Strike Global Offensive. All the time in the world is not enough to play this game. I usually start to play this game around 8 PM and finish at 12 PM, and I never feel how time is passing so fast. I would play this game all night but the next day I must go to work, and I would be too tired!

Pixie06

Reaction score
I don't really do it nowadays. I remember being addicted to Age of Empires and when I first started playing this game I wanted to build the civilization quickly and also attack other civilizations as well. On a particular day I went to sleep at nearly two in the morning and couldn't wake up the other day.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Tetris Battle. I told myself that I won't sleep until I reached level 100. I used a unlimited energy for a day, and it took me an all nighter to reach a 100. All I can say is that it was worth it.