• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Last Game You Lost Sleep Over

lamanlupa

Reaction score
Do you remember the last game that you have played that was so good or amazing that you decided to play through it even if it takes you the whole night? Were you able to finish it? Personally, I never had that experience before, I do not really possess that kind of dexterity or intestinal fortitude to do an all-nighter. How about you guys?

Maelalove

Reaction score
World of Warcraft. To be honest, it's mostly the social aspect to it that does it for me. I get caught up in doing things with other people and the next thing I know it's four in the morning and I have to be up at eight a.m. It sucks you in, man.

leahcim132

Reaction score
Believe it or not it was actually Maplestory. I lost track of time while training and listening to music and suddenly it's 3 in the morning. I wasn't tired so I kept training anyway lol. With the recent updates, leveling up is easier and items are slightly easier to obtain.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Wow, I honestly can't think of one. It's been a long time. Maybe... Um... Shit. Final Fantasy 12.i guess.

Adel.S

Reaction score
Dark Souls 1 did that to me. I failed to defeat a boss a lot of times and then took it upon myself that I will finish the boss or I will not go to bed. Thanks to the area that you have to go through each time you die, I spent a good 3 hours dying to either the enemies at the area or the boss. I finally succeeded in defeating him after all and felt that I accomplished something huge.:shame:

Susimi

Reaction score
I have to say that World of Warships is keeping me up later than I would like these past few weeks. Every time I say I'll just do one more battle and then after that battle I'll do the same thing; just that one last battle.

I think at this point it would be best to have something that automatically shuts off my PC after a certain period of time.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Dark Souls 1 did that to me. I failed to defeat a boss a lot of times and then took it upon myself that I will finish the boss or I will not go to bed. Thanks to the area that you have to go through each time you die, I spent a good 3 hours dying to either the enemies at the area or the boss. I finally succeeded in defeating him after all and felt that I accomplished something huge.:shame:
That reminds me of a friend of mine's experience. I used to live with him and would watch him play the first Dark Souls, and he would get so frustrated over it. I never played it myself, but it definitely seemed difficult. And with everything else I've heard about it since, it only sounds like it has gotten worse. I'm glad you got that sense of accomplishment out of it :]

InvadeYourSpace

Reaction score
Final Fantasy VII was the game that had me up all day and night. I sat there playing that for probably minimum 10 hours when I first got it. I only stopped playing because my dad was pissed off that I wasn't studying. The other game would probably be Halo. We had some marathon sessions playing that game. We would link two tv's and play two on two from two different rooms.

thefratman

Reaction score
Fire Emblem Fates is ridiculously addicting. As in, "play until 1 AM" addicting. Thankfully I haven't set aside my duties to play it for that long but nothing else in recent years has made me do that.

eatthepeach

Reaction score
Lost Odyssey. I was working at a video store when it came out, and I rented it to check it out, ended up buying it. I would get out of work at 1am, get home and play all night, and on several occasions would get called at 7 or 8 in the morning by my manager asking if i could open the store. so i would go in and work until 3 or 4pm, having been up at that point for easily over 24 hours...needless to say Monster was my best friend those days.

Catactus

Reaction score
Skyrim was pretty much like that. I don't think I ever played anything that much :D I could just play 3 hours and be like I didn't even do anything yet, and there is so much that I have to do and find and do and find aaaaah. I didn't dare buy the dlc once I finished the game :D

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I consider myself somewhat lucky because I have not really gotten into a lot of the games that are notorious for consuming people day and night, but I do have to say that I had a special addiction to the Civilization games and I could not stop playing those. I have always liked those sort of simulation games and for some reason this one just took it to another level for me. I have heard rumblings or a new one coming out so I know that I need to keep my eyes open. I did like Lost Odyssey too @eatthepeach - I spent a good amount of time on that one.

SunnysideUP

Reaction score
Well any game that's hard to beat is addictive to me. Lately I had been melting my brain over Crusader Kings II and Don't Starve. Both are very complicated, but for different reasons. I was thinking "This time I'll get it right!" and spent several days and nights trying to finally get it right...until I start hearing the game music in my head when I go to the supermarket and realise I need to take a break...
With Crusader Kings II, I had to google so many things about medieval history and politics that I didn't understand. Like levies and why I need a casus beli to start a war...Half my "playtime" was me on a wikipedia page educating myself, trying to understand how to play the game and actually get somewhere, rather than passively waiting for things to happen. I think if I had this game back at school I would have aced my history classes.

OutOfSpoons

Reaction score
As soon as I picked up Fallout 4, I knew hours of my life were going to be sunk into that game. I have spent so many hours playing that game, and it completely enraptured me. Most of the time, I've been exploring, collecting, and discovering different things. Even after I'd beaten the storyline, I soon discovered mods and that kept me going for hours more. I still on occasion spend hours of the night just playing, and I love running around in my ridiculous power armour and beating the crap out of anything that looks at me funny.
Another game I've spent hours into the night playing is Subnautica. Honestly, if it's an exploration game, it's bound to keep me entertained for hours. Since Subnautica is mostly exploring and crafting, it's kept me busy for a while. Many times I'd stay up until 12 AM playing on school nights when I'd have to get up at 5 AM the next morning. I can definitely say these last two games have cost me some hours of sleep.

acheno84

Reaction score
I've lost many nights of sleep over Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. The "one more challenge" mindset got to me and the next thing you know, it's 4am and I have to be up at 8 for work. Crap. I get super addicted to those types of games and it's so easy to lose track of time. It's fun though. I look at it this way: there are things that I could be doing that are much worse than staying up playing video games.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
It has definitely been a while since I last lost sleep over a video game. I honestly think that the last game I lost sleep over was Mafia II. I stayed up all night in order to finish that game. The storyline captivated me and kept me wanting more. I wasn't playing for the actual gameplay, but to find out what was going to happen next. That game brought me to tears. By the time I finished the game, I realized that I was going to lose sleep due to being so sad about the ending.

Steamroller

Reaction score
I've played several games during wee hours when I'm at the end of the main playthrough. I remember finishing Xenogears just when the dawn is rising. That also happened to me when playing Risen,Jagged Alliance 2,System Shock 2, Gothic II and Gothic III, I always think "Finally, just a couple of hours and I'll finish this game"suffice to say I was truly mistaken. I always underestimate the lenght of time that the "end game" of a videogame requires to be finally beaten.

Dame6089

Reaction score
Undertale was the last game like that for me. But interestingly enough, it's wasn't keeping me up by playing the game. I was up researching the game. I wanted to know what happening in the other paths. I wanted to know all of the little Easter eggs. I wanted to know everything. Without actually playing it through several times lol.

conflict

Reaction score
Most recently it was Rust. But it wasn't because I found it so amazing (although I certainly did), it was because even logging out for a couple of hours could be the most punishing decision you could make. You go to all of the effort to build a base and start a stash of valuables, and in just a couple of hours people can show up with pickaxes or C4 and take everything. So there were nights where I would stay up all night, making sure the base was safe. And other nights, my friends and I would schedule our own raids on other bases and they would often last a couple of hours, and then you would be feeling brave and cocky and try and raid somewhere else on the way home. It's the only game I've played in the last few years that genuinely took over for a couple of weeks. I had to stop playing because it was just so time consuming! :p

Casiox

Reaction score
Well, I still remember when I stayed on my PC until 4 AM playing Dota 2, it was really crazy because I was somehow trying to increase my ranked MMR and apparently I was winning many matches in a row, and I could not just stop playing because I was somehow feeling lucky that night, I still remember I won 10 games and lost one that night, I turned off the PC right after I lost my last match, I got really upset and stuff, good times ;)