• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Strained eyes while playing games

SimplyD

Reaction score
Yes, I do agree with you. Initially, I thought that with a wide LED monitor, there wouldn't be any problem with eye vision but it is not true. If looking at the small screen on the smartphone, that is even worst! What I did was to relocate my time. Every 1-2 hours, I will turn off the laptop, do my household chores before I return and start blogging again. Remember to wash the face after use. Felt refresh!

Yes, we should rest our eyes every now and then from the computer monitor because doing something on it would expose your eyes too much to the light on the screen and strain your eyes.
I also do that, I close my laptop and do some auditing once my tray is filled with it again. And in between, I gaze outside the glass window, at the mountain at the back of our office. Or I would go outside and be at the view deck and gaze at the see.

valy

Reaction score
The blurring of vision and watering from eyes happened to me too, because I have stayed too much in the front of my PC playing games. And is even worse when I use my computer in a lighted room, because my eyes put more effort into focusing.

Lexi

Reaction score
Staring at a screen for a long period of time can definitely can strain your eyes. That's why you have to take a break, look away for a few minutes. It's for your own good, you can even get headaches. So be safe and rest your eyes every once in a while, it'll help.

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
I have dry eye problems, so if I spend too much time looking at a screen I tend to get uncomfortable. Usually I just have to take my contacts out and rinse them with lens solution. If I'm on my phone I'll set it to night shift, or if I'm on the computer, I have a pair of glasses that block blue light that help a lot. I have migraines, so I have to be careful!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Staring at a screen for a long period of time can definitely can strain your eyes. That's why you have to take a break, look away for a few minutes. It's for your own good, you can even get headaches. So be safe and rest your eyes every once in a while, it'll help.
Yeah, I had to work as a site moderator for a while as well as a digital artist and writer (I really didn't know what to do with my time lol) and I started needing glasses around 3 years ago since I've been more in front of the PC. I've had blurry vision before but I never needed glasses until I started working with the PC. Now I have glasses with anti-glare and I really think it's for the best; I can see clearly, I don't get eye strain from the monitor's glare, and if it gets too bright the lens of my glasses get darker to adjust to the light. Pretty neat.

SimplyD

Reaction score
Yeah, I had to work as a site moderator for a while as well as a digital artist and writer (I really didn't know what to do with my time lol) and I started needing glasses around 3 years ago since I've been more in front of the PC. I've had blurry vision before but I never needed glasses until I started working with the PC. Now I have glasses with anti-glare and I really think it's for the best; I can see clearly, I don't get eye strain from the monitor's glare, and if it gets too bright the lens of my glasses get darker to adjust to the light. Pretty neat.

Yes, there are now eyeglasses that can help lessen the strain from those monitors and screens. Though, the one that I have doesn't get dark, but since I started using it, I seldom get strained in the eyes. Besides, I once in a while gaze outside from the open blinds and look at the green mountain at the back of the office. Actually, gazing for those green plants and lawns is refreshing to the eyes.

tinkerlove

Reaction score
I think this happens especially when you are playing a game on your phone. You have to focus in on a smaller area and it puts more strain on your eyes. I was playing a game on my phone called Bug rush for a few months and I noticed that my eyesight was getting blurry and worse than it was before so I decided to delete it.

SimplyD

Reaction score
I think this happens especially when you are playing a game on your phone. You have to focus in on a smaller area and it puts more strain on your eyes. I was playing a game on my phone called Bug rush for a few months and I noticed that my eyesight was getting blurry and worse than it was before so I decided to delete it.

That is why we should try to lower the brightness of our cell phone screen. That way there would be less strain on the eyes. Though since a cell phone has smaller screen, that will really put a strain too in our eyes, since the character will be smaller than the normal.

SimplyD

Reaction score
I have dry eye problems, so if I spend too much time looking at a screen I tend to get uncomfortable. Usually I just have to take my contacts out and rinse them with lens solution. If I'm on my phone I'll set it to night shift, or if I'm on the computer, I have a pair of glasses that block blue light that help a lot. I have migraines, so I have to be careful!

What are the symptoms of having a dry eye? It's the first time I have heard of that actually. So maybe that is what contributes to your having migraines too?

mcbryan

Reaction score
I rarely experience those blurring and water feeling in my eyes. It only happens when I am overdoing gaming like the whole day. I also notice that it only happened when I washed my face after a long period of gaming. That's why I avoid that thing now and put a limit on my gaming session. I believe that is a negative sign that we already abuse playing games. We need to protect also our eyes because we can enjoy playing anymore if it is damaged.

SimplyD

Reaction score
I rarely experience those blurring and water feeling in my eyes. It only happens when I am overdoing gaming like the whole day. I also notice that it only happened when I washed my face after a long period of gaming. That's why I avoid that thing now and put a limit on my gaming session. I believe that is a negative sign that we already abuse playing games. We need to protect also our eyes because we can enjoy playing anymore if it is damaged.

The old people say that washing the eyes after being on the computer for a long time will actually strain the eyes. I don't know if there is a truth in this, but you saying that makes me think it is true indeed. From now on, before I wash my face in the evening before going to sleep, I would rest my eyes first from using the gadgets and playing games on my mobile. It's better to be safe than sorry.

mcbryan

Reaction score
The old people say that washing the eyes after being on the computer for a long time will actually strain the eyes. I don't know if there is a truth in this, but you saying that makes me think it is true indeed. From now on, before I wash my face in the evening before going to sleep, I would rest my eyes first from using the gadgets and playing games on my mobile. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for quoting my ideas. Yeah, thats what I noticed every time I played and washed my face. My grand oldies always telling me every time I'm doing it because for them I should rest first to relax the muscles. I never listen to them until I experience it myself. This is an early warning to those gamers doing the same routine as I am.

castills

Reaction score
I heard on the new recently that using these gadgets before bed or in bed can disrupt sleep. I don't know how much time is best, but still better safe than sorry.
If I have to pull an allnighter for studies tuping away, my eyes feel like they are burning a bit-like I just took a lot eye drops-but it lingers until I move to a differently lit area.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I found for a time that I had the back light on my monitor set too high. This was leading to eye strain and the associated headaches that go with it on a pretty regular basis. I also found that it is best not to watch the screen in a dark room, rather have a lamp on behind you to offer some back lighting. Of course, you should take breaks every hour or so. I didn't do that when I was younger, but as I get older I find it's the only way to engage long gaming sessions. If I don't I'm sure to get a headache.

yaorice

Reaction score
I feel like this is definitely the danger of staring at screens for too long. Even outside of games, when I'm doing work or watching videos on the computer a headache and/or nausea is inevitable for me. I feel like flux helps a lot, at least, with my headaches, especially if I leave it on (even slightly) during the day as well.

sima061

Reaction score
I experience this often because I have eye problems anyways. I have bad vision so looking at anything for a longer time period is problematic. Games especially, because there's a lot of movement and it's usually very fast. I get headaches from my eyes. But that same thing, unfortunately, happens also when I read or watch TV so I can't really blame the games, I have sensitive eyes.
Since I wear contacts, my eyes also easier get dry so sometimes I get the feeling as if they are trying to water, but they're just too dry lol
Yeah it's not so good.

SimplyD

Reaction score
Thanks for quoting my ideas. Yeah, thats what I noticed every time I played and washed my face. My grand oldies always telling me every time I'm doing it because for them I should rest first to relax the muscles. I never listen to them until I experience it myself. This is an early warning to those gamers doing the same routine as I am.
So the olds really knows better than the younger ones. Sometimes, the younger ones have to experience it first before they finally believe their olds. Well, that is natural, as there is a saying , To see is to believe. he he he

SimplyD

Reaction score
I heard on the new recently that using these gadgets before bed or in bed can disrupt sleep. I don't know how much time is best, but still better safe than sorry.
If I have to pull an allnighter for studies tuping away, my eyes feel like they are burning a bit-like I just took a lot eye drops-but it lingers until I move to a differently lit area.

I have read that one should not use those gadgets or watch TV at least an hour before bedtime, so you can easily fall asleep.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
This happens when I play for many hours at a stretch. It sometimes irritating to play after the gaming session. The dark circle comes our around eyes and it feels very bad. It seems we just stop playing for now.

fireball916

Reaction score
Ever since I downloaded flux I don't have eye strain when playing games. It helps lower the blue light emitted and doesn't hurt your eyes as much. It's really been a game changer. I have it installed on all my devices.