• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Sports Games

yunken

Reaction score
It's only soccer games I play among all other sport games on my PC. Soccer games give me joy than any other sport games.
I'm presently enjoying my FIFA 14 and PES 2016 on my PC

streettallest

Reaction score
NBA 2017 really rocks. am currently playing it on my PC. Its a game am passionate about because of the passion put in by the players both in real life and on the gaming platform. At some point it just feels like the real thing.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
NBA 2017 really rocks. am currently playing it on my PC. Its a game am passionate about because of the passion put in by the players both in real life and on the gaming platform. At some point it just feels like the real thing.
Too bad you have to pay real money just to add sleeves to your character in Career mode. Those things were absolutely free during the old games and now they're trying to make a profit out of something that should be free. That's pretty low of the game devs but without competition from other basketball games, they can do whatever the hell they want and they won't care.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Oh man, he just doesn't want to let go of a "failed" project with babyface Roman. Everyone - everyone - clearly sees the potential in him being the next badass heel, but Vince just wants to "create" his own top guy since Stone Cold was from WCW, the Rock's character was his own idea and he went on to make movies during his prime same with Cena currently, and Hogan was from the old territories. Nothing was "his own" so for his last few years it's the non-stop Roman train just to prove he can create a star.

WWE's latest PPV was just over, it was named Great Balls of Fire (lol). Roman Reigns tried to kill Braun Strowman by crashing the ambulance truck, and he's still a babyface. Nothing can beat that.

Zeyad

Reaction score
I'm a huge basketball fan so I have to say NBA 2K17 and an old game would be the street basketball game that was great too I'm not sure if it's still around or not though

yunken

Reaction score
I'm a huge basketball fan so I have to say NBA 2K17 and an old game would be the street basketball game that was great too I'm not sure if it's still around or not though
Is NBA that really sweet? The way I see people talking about it, is tempting me.
Maybe I will give it a try someday

whatareyou420

Reaction score
NBA 2K and FIFA tend to be the franchises I've enjoyed the most lately. Mainly because they actually have more to them. Madden always seems to be a disappointment when it comes to thei connected franchise mode because they always seem to fail to add much for features in it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Is NBA that really sweet? The way I see people talking about it, is tempting me.
Maybe I will give it a try someday
Don't try the newer ones. They will milk you out of your money for things that were available in-game before, like customizing your character with shoes and arm bands. Now they cost "virtual currency" which is another term for added expenses for an already expensive game. I definitely would not recommend it since it's not worth the price they are charging, and after buying you can't even enjoy the game as a whole because they want to charge you even more.

mcbryan

Reaction score
Right now I'm playing NBA2K17 on my iPhone 6s. Basketball is my hobby, therefore, its natural that my sports game is the same with. Playing sports game is different from playing another type of games like survival, adventure and much more. The best thing about this game is less violence and develop your sportsmanship. I recommend that this type of game is the one should children play.

Jameson

Reaction score
I am a fan of FIFA. I play it either on my PC or PlayStation.

Frank

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of fun with NBA 2k17's career mode. It's really fun and refreshing to play the game as a single player, and follow his career, but also experience his story. That's something unique in the sports game genre, and something that I'd like to see more of.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
It's probably the only genre I don't like. There are very few games in this category that I enjoyed (well, if we consider driving a sport then Driver San Francisco was a game that I found really, really good... and said by me it's a huge thing). Also Blood Bowl is.. nice, but it's different. I'm quite interested in Rocket League, but that's just because it looks crazy.
Otherwise, sports game are not for me.. I tried to force myself to like some of them. I tried Football Manager since it's one of the most played Steam games, thinking that even if I didn't care about football it might have been a nice experience.
I was wrong.

fireball916

Reaction score
I don't play that many sports games. I only pick up the older ones once they hit under $2 used. There's not enough reason to pay for full price every year. The only sports game I really got into was MLB 12 The Show for PS3, I like playing as the manger of the team more than playing the baseball teams though.

reginafalange

Reaction score
I think that my only favorite sports game is Fifa because I love football and I like to play it from time to time. Lately, I don't have much time to play anything because of my job :/

Jerick Gwapo

Reaction score
For sport games, I play NBA 2K Games in my PC.
I love the way they designed this game especially if we are to compare the movements of each basketball player and the real life model, they are surely alike. The very first version of this game I played was NBA 2k14 wherein Lebron James was the main cover. I am looking forward on a newer version and a good online type of play with this PC Games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
For sport games, I play NBA 2K Games in my PC.
I love the way they designed this game especially if we are to compare the movements of each basketball player and the real life model, they are surely alike. The very first version of this game I played was NBA 2k14 wherein Lebron James was the main cover. I am looking forward on a newer version and a good online type of play with this PC Games.
Virtual currency is a pain though and it's a blatant money milking scheme. Who charges their players to change the characters' gear? That was free for the past decade, but they somehow thought, hey, let's make even more profit by charging people to access what's been in the base game this whole time! No need to create something new, just take out something from the game and charge extra for people to be able to use it. Pathetic.

Sunlyte

Reaction score
Virtual currency is a pain though and it's a blatant money milking scheme. Who charges their players to change the characters' gear? That was free for the past decade, but they somehow thought, hey, let's make even more profit by charging people to access what's been in the base game this whole time! No need to create something new, just take out something from the game and charge extra for people to be able to use it. Pathetic.
...I mean, to be fair, IRL gear isn't free, lol. You get VC for playing games anyway, and more if you're doing good.

But to answer the question, I've recently gotten into NBA 2K and the more arcadey NBA Playgrounds. Does Rocket League count? That too. I miss the old Street games, i.e. NBA Street and NFL Street. If EA would bring those back (along with SSX :smile:), or anyone for that matter, that'd be dope. I'd buy those in a heartbeat.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
...I mean, to be fair, IRL gear isn't free, lol. You get VC for playing games anyway, and more if you're doing good.

But to answer the question, I've recently gotten into NBA 2K and the more arcadey NBA Playgrounds. Does Rocket League count? That too. I miss the old Street games, i.e. NBA Street and NFL Street. If EA would bring those back (along with SSX :smile:), or anyone for that matter, that'd be dope. I'd buy those in a heartbeat.
You already paid $50 for the game. Now they want to charge you for more just so you can customize your character? Damn, that's like Skyrim charging you real money for shopping in the NPC shops. You want armor? Pay with Steam credit. You want to upgrade? Go get our premium package. No way. You say adding virtual currency for in-game items is realism, well then Gatorade and Nike should be paying me my cut for all the ads they've put in the game with my character in it.

airfightermax

Reaction score
What sports games do you play and on what platform(s)?

Typically I get an NCAA Football games ever 3 or 4 years. Just got the NCAA Football '12 this past year for the Xbox 360.
I have always played FIFA on my PlayStation every once in a while. I am not that good at it though so I have difficulty on lowest :D

I really suck at sport games but that doesn't stop me from playing them!

Sunlyte

Reaction score
You already paid $50 for the game. Now they want to charge you for more just so you can customize your character? Damn, that's like Skyrim charging you real money for shopping in the NPC shops. You want armor? Pay with Steam credit. You want to upgrade? Go get our premium package. No way. You say adding virtual currency for in-game items is realism, well then Gatorade and Nike should be paying me my cut for all the ads they've put in the game with my character in it.
It's not like the only option you have is paying for VC. I hate DLC and microtransactions as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's really a problem in 2K, especially when you earn VC for playing. Play MyCareer and turn up the difficulty and git gud if you're having problems getting VC I guess. I've never heard anyone who plays NBA 2K complain about the microtransactions, and I know a good number of people who play 2K. Maybe it's because I don't really care as much about customization, but I really don't see the problem with VC.