• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Sports Games

Hidden308

Reaction score
What sports games do you play and on what platform(s)?

Typically I get an NCAA Football games ever 3 or 4 years. Just got the NCAA Football '12 this past year for the Xbox 360.

Hidden308

Reaction score
What year do you have? I haven't bought a Madden for 4 or 5 years now. I like the NCAA games better.

tetutato

Reaction score
I play FiFA on consoles but ever since I got the Vita, I play it on the Vita and it's really good actually.

Hidden308

Reaction score
FiFa was good on my Nintendo DS when I played it years and years ago.

gktime

Reaction score
I play Fifa 11 and Pes 12. I only play soccer games most of the time, unless you count mario kart or smash bros. as a sport.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Sport demands an almost innate appreciation from humanity I think. You might wonder why NFL players get paid hundreds of millions, despite a huge entertainment industry, I just think it's something we naturally appreciate and respect (maybe that's why it's so popular). Child athletes always want to be pros, adult athletes want to watch the pros. It's what we invented a long way down the road to have fun, be social, be competitive yet work together—before fun was so easily accessible.

Now, today, you have professional athletes who have a grasp of that fun but in a much more inspiring and professional manner than it use to stand for. It embellishes hard work, determination, pain, happiness, and ultimately fun. It stands for someone doing something they love and making it. To see someone relishing within that and suddenly ripped away is truly tragic.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I mostly play FIFA with my friends on any platforms, some snacks, beer and FIFA make a boring afternoon a fun afternoon, sometimes we play Madden too.

Gladdy

Reaction score
The only sports games that I really play is NBA. I don't buy the newest number every year since they don't often change or add many new things. I prefer to wait a few years then buy the new one. For example; I have played the 2k13 then the next one was 2k15 and so on.

I like the NBA games but I do not play them every day or something. Sports games are for sure the best when you play them with friends and can either play together or compete.

I tried other sport ones too, like FIFA in the past but it just didn't interest me that much.

ponyoworks

Reaction score
A couple years ago I won my cousin's friends fantasy league for a few hundred dollars (got lucky). I spent all the money on a PS4, im a pc guy, and madden. I played the shit out of madden 15, and now some madden 17. Any other games i rather get for my PC and if PC offered madden I would probably sell my PS4.

WarVet

Reaction score
These days I'm not really into sports games. It's not that I don't like them I just like Action and RPG a whole lot more. When I was younger I played FIFA and PES for PSP mostly for the career mode. I love career modes sports games or not. The feeling of upgrading something with your own effort is amazing.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
I'm far behind with the times actually. The only sports game I liked where the ones you could play in the Famicom back in the day.
Especially the baseball and tennis ones.
... As old as they might be, they are still are just as fun to play as they were when we were kids.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of football (I refuse to call it soccer.) and I follow the NBA casually, but that doesn't mean I particularly enjoy sports games. I can't even remember one that I've actually liked to play, so I think the genre is just not for me.

My brother is pretty into them though, so I tend to watch him play FIFA 17 and annoy him with my advice because I'm that kind of bothersome person. So yeah, with sports I think I'd rather just watch.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
On consoles, I mostly played FIFA and PES with my friends. The fact is, I don't like football at all. I am not watching it, I rarely play it in real life, but on the console it's fun. And the game bugs a lot, but still it's funny to watch everyone get mad because of the game. On my PC I used to play Virtua Tennis. It was a long time ago though, I am not sure if they are still releasing these.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of sports but I have played a lot of WWE games on the PlayStation consoles. I've enjoyed a lot of them up to now but I feel like it's starting to lose its charm sometimes. My favorite would always be Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain for the PS2 because I thought the roster and gameplay were great. These days, I think the graphics are a bit too bland, especially with WWE 2K17.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I love this type of game, especially if it's focused on extreme sports. I can spend hours playing I can't get enough. :relieved: I love the realism of the situations that is provided to players (and it's not every kind of game that can do it).

Denis_P

Reaction score
The last sports game that I played was probably the tennis mini-game in Grand Theft Auto V. By that statement alone you can probably tell that I'm not much of a fan of sports. However, recently I have been contemplating getting into the genre. When I first got my PlayStation 2 as a kid, one of the first games I got was FIFA 2001 and I have wonderful memories of playing it with my father. I also used to play plenty of hockey and wrestling games so those memories make me feel like I can give the genre another chance these days.

overcast

Reaction score
I played both FIFA and Cricket. I find both the games boring so far in my everyday gaming. I think some of the people who are into the soccer may like EAGames products. I personally not much into it. As most of them are just bad programmed AI games. And also it just gets painful to watch bad 3D action.

Javo1096

Reaction score
I remember playing the Southafrican World Football cup in the Nintendo Wii and the funny part were the comentarists. I played a lot of Super Mario Strikers Charged too if it counts haha.