• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Sports Games

Sino989

Reaction score
I actually really enjoy sports game. I play pretty much the mainstream sports games, 2k, FIFA, Madden, and occasionally NHL. My most favorite sports game of all time though is NCAA Football 14 because to me everything about the game is perfect and so much fun! :)

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
LOL! I remember the helicopter thing. One of the best thing that happened in WWE game. I also remember building 2 tables then a standing ladder above it then making a suplex on top of it. Best times. I agree it's boring now and repetitive. I hope they can make something new soon.
It's pure wrestling now. The fun that came from wrestling games was the gimmick matches. Now it's just chain wrestling and countering. Boring stuff. Only reason I got the newer ones was to see the changes from the old games. I've barely even clocked 5 hours total with newer ones. Last time I enjoyed a WWE game was SD vs Raw 2011, and even then the realism has started to take over compared to the fun whacky stuff that made wrestling great.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
It's pure wrestling now. The fun that came from wrestling games was the gimmick matches. Now it's just chain wrestling and countering. Boring stuff. Only reason I got the newer ones was to see the changes from the old games. I've barely even clocked 5 hours total with newer ones. Last time I enjoyed a WWE game was SD vs Raw 2011, and even then the realism has started to take over compared to the fun whacky stuff that made wrestling great.

I agree, like casket match, bra and panties lol (the people's elbow glitch), my reason for buying newer ones are for collection and finishing the story mode. Last I enjoyed was Smackdown vs Raw 2007. I don't like the WWE 2K series, they should not take the game seriously and take the fun things back.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I agree, like casket match, bra and panties lol (the people's elbow glitch), my reason for buying newer ones are for collection and finishing the story mode. Last I enjoyed was Smackdown vs Raw 2007. I don't like the WWE 2K series, they should not take the game seriously and take the fun things back.
Fuck that I tried the Story Mode in 2k16 (the last one I bought), and it was pretty repetitive, while the cutscenes after every match was pretty generic. It's the same formula; fight a wrestler for weeks because of a feud, move on to the next. Matches themselves weren't so much fun for me because it was all counter-based. Lots of complicated shite that I really don't want to deal with.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I actually really enjoy sports game. I play pretty much the mainstream sports games, 2k, FIFA, Madden, and occasionally NHL. My most favorite sports game of all time though is NCAA Football 14 because to me everything about the game is perfect and so much fun! :)
Wow you really play all those types? I figure most players will be sticking with just one sport or at the most, two. How can you play all those over the course of the year? I figure all those sports release a new game every October or so. That's a LOT of sports to play and even if you just play for the story mode, that would still amount to a lot of hours accumulated.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Fuck that I tried the Story Mode in 2k16 (the last one I bought), and it was pretty repetitive, while the cutscenes after every match was pretty generic. It's the same formula; fight a wrestler for weeks because of a feud, move on to the next. Matches themselves weren't so much fun for me because it was all counter-based. Lots of complicated shite that I really don't want to deal with.

Yeah, I think they're making it similar with the actual storylines on the shows. Which are the same repetitive formula. I'm actually waiting for them to up their game, and take the next level with VR.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I like to play every type of sport games with my friends and making tournaments between us to make it fun, it could be the FIFA games, the 2k games and the PlayStation Sports, those are good games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they're making it similar with the actual storylines on the shows. Which are the same repetitive formula. I'm actually waiting for them to up their game, and take the next level with VR.
You'd think their falling ratings would let them know their show ideas are crappy at best and would try something different on video games. But hey, it's their product, the only time they act is when the ratings go record low, and after an episode of good writing and the ratings bounce back, they're back in the same hole as they were before. No effort until it's time for a big show (no pun intended) so the rest of the year is filler.

Maxthewriter

Reaction score
Sports happen to be my current genre of games. I have avoided all other genres for a while now. And which particular ones have I been playing? Pro evolution soccer, FIFA, moto go, and other racing games.

I currently prefer this genre of games because the likelihood for them to happen is more than that of other games that contain violence and destruction. So, I can easily live in the moment when playing these sporting games. This is so especially when I play football manager. :)

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
You'd think their falling ratings would let them know their show ideas are crappy at best and would try something different on video games. But hey, it's their product, the only time they act is when the ratings go record low, and after an episode of good writing and the ratings bounce back, they're back in the same hole as they were before. No effort until it's time for a big show (no pun intended) so the rest of the year is filler.

To be honest I don't trust them anymore, their PPV's sucks every time. Best decision they did with WrestleMania was bringing the Hardys back. They can't find anyone to carry the show like Cena, Triple H and The Rock. They kept on pushing Roman Reigns even when fans are very vocal that they don't like him.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
To be honest I don't trust them anymore, their PPV's sucks every time. Best decision they did with WrestleMania was bringing the Hardys back. They can't find anyone to carry the show like Cena, Triple H and The Rock. They kept on pushing Roman Reigns even when fans are very vocal that they don't like him.
It's because Vince is a stubborn old man who is reaching senile levels of old. He just won't give up on his Roman project no matter what. They've been promoting him at every show, everyone falls under him, he has main-evented WM for the past 3 years and that won't end anytime soon, he gets his hand raised and praised by legends that go to the show; then outside him we get the same repetitive matches, same stories, not enough new people getting chances, and part-timers taking all the good slots at big shows. I won't watch the shows now, I'll wait until Triple H takes over. No way he can do worse than this.

Kharyode

Reaction score
I love playing this sport games : Trial Extreme 3d on my phone. I love the diving, skills and how the game is been customized.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Sport games have recently become so famous in all parts of the world that so many other games are just following and a lot of sports gamers are now willing to play these games using their mobile computer, android, tablet and other devices.

In as much as sports games have now become so famous, anyone can choose any type of it and have fun playing favorite sports games. Sports games are in various kinds and include sports like Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Table Tennis, as well as hockey games.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
It's because Vince is a stubborn old man who is reaching senile levels of old. He just won't give up on his Roman project no matter what. They've been promoting him at every show, everyone falls under him, he has main-evented WM for the past 3 years and that won't end anytime soon, he gets his hand raised and praised by legends that go to the show; then outside him we get the same repetitive matches, same stories, not enough new people getting chances, and part-timers taking all the good slots at big shows. I won't watch the shows now, I'll wait until Triple H takes over. No way he can do worse than this.

Absolutely agree, he's been pushing Roman to our throats, he can't take a hint, or he just don't care what the fans think.

Laibrown

Reaction score
I play a couple of sport games, nfl, tennis and pes series. Although sport games are not my favorite but I still play these games I listed above once in a while.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Absolutely agree, he's been pushing Roman to our throats, he can't take a hint, or he just don't care what the fans think.
Oh man, he just doesn't want to let go of a "failed" project with babyface Roman. Everyone - everyone - clearly sees the potential in him being the next badass heel, but Vince just wants to "create" his own top guy since Stone Cold was from WCW, the Rock's character was his own idea and he went on to make movies during his prime same with Cena currently, and Hogan was from the old territories. Nothing was "his own" so for his last few years it's the non-stop Roman train just to prove he can create a star.

kgord

Reaction score
I think it would be fun and also potentially lucrative to play sports games that might help you with a fanatasy football league. Fantasy leagues are a way to make money if you know what you are doing, and sports games dealing with some of those aspects of it would be very good to play I think.

WarVet

Reaction score
I think it would be fun and also potentially lucrative to play sports games that might help you with a fanatasy football league. Fantasy leagues are a way to make money if you know what you are doing, and sports games dealing with some of those aspects of it would be very good to play I think.

Indeed it's an excellent idea! I mean this way they could raise money both ways from both football and video game fans. Think of causes that could be funded with that.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
You know I've always heard about "fantasy leagues" in TV shows and movies (usually comedies) but never actually seen people do it in real life. I guess it's an American thing? I've been around sports fans all my life and I've never been invited to join one, or even seen people play it, this whole time. I assume it's people picking their players and using real life stats to make their team score or something?

kgord

Reaction score
I had a friend who made a few thousand playing Fantasy Football. He was going to show me his secrets, but it never happened. Most sites like Fan Duel though have kind of a training program where they teach you how to do it. I think that would be a fun thing to do. The entry fees are small.