• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Sports Games

Ash

Reaction score
The only sports games I've played are FIFA and NBA. I always get the latest FIFA game when it comes out because I'm a massive football fan (I'm a chelsea fan by the way :D). I never miss a game that we play. I know most of the time EA don't really change much from the previous FIFA title except for a few "graphic upgrades" but I just have to have the latest FIFA game. Having the latest players updated probably helps sell the game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
NBA 2K, I've been playing it since NBA live 2005 and the transition with NBA 2k8. Lots of gameplay changes since then; some good, some bad. They removed a lot of the fun stuff and tried to add more realism, but that's not really working for me either. What happened to just playing the game when you want to? Now we have story modes with cut scenes I don't even care about.

thart

Reaction score
For me i like to play only soccer in sport games, and maybe sometimes cars racing but not so.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
My sports games are NBA and WWE games. I've been playing them since PlayStation 1 until PlayStation 4. I love basketball and wrestling, so I'm interested with those kind of games. I haven't played any other sports game besides Fight Night, I'd love to try the newest Madden though, they've included a story mode in it.

Dunn

Reaction score
I play NBA 2k17 on Playstation 4.i like Need for Speed too!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My sports games are NBA and WWE games. I've been playing them since PlayStation 1 until PlayStation 4. I love basketball and wrestling, so I'm interested with those kind of games. I haven't played any other sports game besides Fight Night, I'd love to try the newest Madden though, they've included a story mode in it.
I'm exactly the same. Been playing WWE games since Here Comes the Pain, playing NBA since NBA Live 2005. What do you think of the newer games? I think it's too many fluff and they're trying to get as realistic as possible; but that would mean the games are more boring that way. The season mode on both have been very cheesy, from cutscenes and very generic dialogue. NBA 2k17 even up the ante when they added virtual currency so you can edit your character - a feature that's been free since the first games. What the hell.

SashaS

Reaction score
Only sports games I really play are motorsports like Gran Turismo, Forza and DiRT. But with regards to more team/ball sports related stuff, I have played FIFA a few times with friends. While its not my genre, I totally see the appeal. FIFA 17 is an impressive title with great graphics and interesting mechanics. I found it quite impressive that the commentators in the game were so lifelike and reacted to your moves and goals like real commentators would. I wouldn't mind trying out the NBA series though, as basketball is a sport I enjoy in real life.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I used to play a lot of NFS games back in the day, but recently they've been repetitive so I stopped playing racing games all together. The only sports games I play at the moment are FIFA and Football Manager. I'm a big football fan and those keep me entertained for long periods of time. I also "sprinkle" a little bit of NBA from time to time but I suck at it.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
Sports games are not my very favorite generation of game, but I do love playing FIFA17 and Need for Speed. Mostly I play the sports game on my PC, even if I have PS3. Most of the time I play FPS games on my PS3 rather than on PC.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I only bought 2 sports game. NBA to which i forgot the year, but Lakers was the dominant team that time and Tony Hawk's ProSkater.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I'm exactly the same. Been playing WWE games since Here Comes the Pain, playing NBA since NBA Live 2005. What do you think of the newer games? I think it's too many fluff and they're trying to get as realistic as possible; but that would mean the games are more boring that way. The season mode on both have been very cheesy, from cutscenes and very generic dialogue. NBA 2k17 even up the ante when they added virtual currency so you can edit your character - a feature that's been free since the first games. What the hell.

Newer games sucks, especially for WWE. NBA is okay but I agree with the VC issue. I remember the time where you can make your player 99 overall. Regarding WWE, I have a problem with the animation, the ring had gotten smaller and the animation isn't realistic. Best animation was Here Comes The Pain, I don't know why they just didn't stick with it.

Joshmoy

Reaction score
I play FIFA 15 and FIFA 16. I also play PES 15. I play all on the play station 3.

Then there comes the argument of the best soccer game between FIFA and PES.

I love not games but I personally prefer PES to FIFA because FIFA games are mostly non assisted and it took me a while to get the hang of FIFA.

This however doesn't take away the fact that they are both great games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Newer games sucks, especially for WWE. NBA is okay but I agree with the VC issue. I remember the time where you can make your player 99 overall. Regarding WWE, I have a problem with the animation, the ring had gotten smaller and the animation isn't realistic. Best animation was Here Comes The Pain, I don't know why they just didn't stick with it.
They wanted "realism" over fun. No more fighting at New York and climbing a helicopter to do a dive. No more setting barbed wire bats on fire and smashing your opponents with it. Now we have boring chain wrestling, repetitive season modes, and just an overall dull experience with the whole counter thing.

WarVet

Reaction score
They wanted "realism" over fun. No more fighting at New York and climbing a helicopter to do a dive. No more setting barbed wire bats on fire and smashing your opponents with it. Now we have boring chain wrestling, repetitive season modes, and just an overall dull experience with the whole counter thing.

Basically a UFC game. Dull commands, Ugly graphics, unrepeatable in real life-fighting moves, and most importantly the illusion of real combat haha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Basically a UFC game. Dull commands, Ugly graphics, unrepeatable in real life-fighting moves, and most importantly the illusion of real combat haha.
Really? That's a shame, I was thinking of getting it one of these days. Oh well, thanks for the heads up, I'd rather hear a bad review of a game from players rather than buy it and regret I can't get any refunds.

WarVet

Reaction score
Really? That's a shame, I was thinking of getting it one of these days. Oh well, thanks for the heads up, I'd rather hear a bad review of a game from players rather than buy it and regret I can't get any refunds.

I suppose you could enjoy it if you're a big fan. I for one have practiced martial arts for about three years and I can clearly see how much the fighters lack in skill and positioning. The video games follow the same principles I guess. Still, some people are hardcore fans. I suggest you watch some gameplays before spending any money on them.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I suppose you could enjoy it if you're a big fan. I for one have practiced martial arts for about three years and I can clearly see how much the fighters lack in skill and positioning. The video games follow the same principles I guess. Still, some people are hardcore fans. I suggest you watch some gameplays before spending any money on them.
Fair enough. I saw this video and I thought it looked fun. It's a few years old but still, I'm sure the graphics and gameplay would have improved even more from the time this video was released. Go watch the video, Conan really made the game hilarious and I was hoping the game's mechanics would be a lot better than this one for the modern version.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I play FIFA '14 and '17 on my Xbox One. I also enjoy NBA 2k17 gameplay as well for my Xbox.

Generally speaking, I play these for the online and offline multiplayer aspects and updates of professional players themselves in the game. Rather than the poor storyline (if any) within the game itself. I'm an avid fan of sporting games. I just think they deserve better devotion at developing. For example, Skate3 was one of the best extreme sports games by Black Box Canada. Unfortunately, however, this was their last project as EA cut this division soon after. And with no news at E3, Skate3 fans aren't happy.

Just feels like a neglected genre of gaming.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I used to play FIFA. I really liked this game. I used to play it with my cousin. I found the graphics to be good too. That's the perfect game to play with a group of friend. It is so much fun

BeardedMamba

Reaction score

LOL! I remember the helicopter thing. One of the best thing that happened in WWE game. I also remember building 2 tables then a standing ladder above it then making a suplex on top of it. Best times. I agree it's boring now and repetitive. I hope they can make something new soon.