• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

So tired of cheaters

Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Reaction score
As on my own point of view playing against cheaters in CS-GO tends to make me torn apart from the game, and VAULT sometimes loosen their security measures due to the fact some players are finding a way to become top notch without placing some effort in their game play which is so frustrating to me, that is why some players will quit the game.

Bear

Reaction score
There will always be cheaters in every popular game. Since Valve released prime matchmaking and I verified my account to play prime, I've noticed a significantly less amount of cheaters and smurfs. Although it helps it still doesn't completely eliminate them. A new VAC version should do the trick.

Mr. Kiborgue

Reaction score
Well im actually not tired of cheaters simply because i almost never match up against cheaters, and even when i do unless they are aimboting they cant do squat against me because i have knowledge of the map and team coordination!
What usually happens to cheaters in they start sucking really bad because they don't try hard. And the more they cheat the worse they are at the game, which at some point makes them worse than the average player!

Salamander Man 2

Reaction score
I sometimes match up with cheaters but I'm really bad to notice anything on the other team

Mr. Kiborgue

Reaction score
Well then how about u learn how to play better!?
I believe that you are one of those cheaters that are ruining games HA! :mad:
what do you say about that S1 person? lel

Ipa07

Reaction score
Yeah I'm also very pissed about cheaters. I don't understand how they are not banned with all this protection in the game. We should make a online list of cheaters and send it to them.

lordrenly

Reaction score
Yeah, I never noticed that the people that I'm matched up with are cheaters as well. I have been matched up with people who are one tapping me but never actually to the point where I can be sure that they are obviously cheater. I think the problems with cheaters in general is that their cheating software or whatever is also getting updated to match current anti cheat algorithms so yeah, I guess we just need to be patient about it.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Yup... Cheaters are really annoying. The good thing cheaters is, you know your better player than they are. It is most gratifying when you killed a cheater. Its like a pvp kill times 3M.

DontTouchMe

Reaction score
I actually almost never meet cheaters in Prime matchmaking. I don't know if I just don't notice them or something like that? Because only about every 10th to the 15th game I suspect someone is cheating. Later when I check if anyone in my previous games has been overwatch or VAC banned, I only see someone banned about every 10th game.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Cheaters sucks, they're probably noobs that's why they resorted to cheating. It sucks when you're playing well then a cheater joins the game. I've made a couple rage quit due to this.

astroroid10293

Reaction score
Cheating is a big problem, since it takes all the fun away from your team, and even more so the opposite team. Although it is a big problem, I'm constantly hearing these claims of someone cheating, when they clearly aren't. I agree that it is annoying, but be sure before you accuse someone of cheating. A great suggestion if you do encounter actual cheaters, as said by mastrSkyWalker is FaceIt, or ESEA if you choose to purchase the service.

jelleh

Reaction score
Hmm, I haven't had much trouble encountering cheaters at all. Maybe that is because I haven't been playing CS:GO for a long time, but I have only seen one cheater yet. And even then I wasn't bothered because he was on my team and I just avoided him.

WarVet

Reaction score
That is one of the main reasons i have quit playing FPSs. First it started with Warface, then COD and CS as well. It seems a constant struggle between the developers and the cheaters. Sometimes one side gets the upper hand by releasing an new version of the game or of some mod to give the players special abilities within the game. It's like the battle between game developers and people who pirate games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
That's online competition for you. As long as there's a profit, be it money, in-game items, or simply the feeling of being better than some stranger online, people will do it. And I can't blame them though, as you would do the same thing too if given the chance. When you see your name high up the leader boards, it makes you feel better about yourself. And that's the biggest thing these games and competitions do - boost up an ego of an otherwise dull person, and this will make people do all sorts of things to win.

ValX

Reaction score
Oh, the old problem that is never solved, game cheating / hacking. It's just that a lot of people prioritize winning over anything else, not even the game itself or the fun experience you can get out of a game without cheating. I don't get it, if they're already cheating on games I wonder how awful they're in real life. It's like they have to win and just do 'whatever' it takes to hack the game and win.

WarVet

Reaction score
That's online competition for you. As long as there's a profit, be it money, in-game items, or simply the feeling of being better than some stranger online, people will do it. And I can't blame them though, as you would do the same thing too if given the chance. When you see your name high up the leader boards, it makes you feel better about yourself. And that's the biggest thing these games and competitions do - boost up an ego of an otherwise dull person, and this will make people do all sorts of things to win.

That is an interesting remark you made there. Whenever money of any other form of material goods are involved there will be people trying to take advantage of others. I guess the online world follows the guidelines of the real world. These people see the games and online competitions not as a way to relieve stress, socialize and have fun but as way to affirm their "superiority" over others. And following that logic i guess any means that serve their end will be employed.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
That is an interesting remark you made there. Whenever money of any other form of material goods are involved there will be people trying to take advantage of others. I guess the online world follows the guidelines of the real world. These people see the games and online competitions not as a way to relieve stress, socialize and have fun but as way to affirm their "superiority" over others. And following that logic i guess any means that serve their end will be employed.
I honestly think those people who use hacks, PEDs (for tournaments) like Adderall, auto-aim, etc; are those people who want to feel superior to other people, but can't do it in real life. So they do the next best thing and mess up online communities and gaming just to make themselves feel better. It stems from insecurities in the real world, so basically people overcompensate on another aspect of their social lives, like in gaming for example. I'm just a casual gamer, and I've seen lots of toxic players out there, especially in ranked matches. I'd rather just play single player and relax, to be quite honest.

timstargraal

Reaction score
Yes, I understand your pain, playing with cheaters especially in a game like CS:GO is extremely frustrating, Valve barely does anything to ban cheaters or stop them and that seems to be the biggest problem with why there are so many cheaters. I personally though, don’t encounter too many cheaters with the feature of Prime Matchmaking, so that’s something which does slightly prevent cheater to be queued up with but still doesn’t really help it as a whole, especially to those without phone numbers.

WarVet

Reaction score
I honestly think those people who use hacks, PEDs (for tournaments) like Adderall, auto-aim, etc; are those people who want to feel superior to other people, but can't do it in real life. So they do the next best thing and mess up online communities and gaming just to make themselves feel better. It stems from insecurities in the real world, so basically people overcompensate on another aspect of their social lives, like in gaming for example. I'm just a casual gamer, and I've seen lots of toxic players out there, especially in ranked matches. I'd rather just play single player and relax, to be quite honest.

Yes i feel exactly the same way. If people have the need to feel superior either online or offline there is something wrong from the get go. I have been there myself, could not make a decent life in the real world had fun making others miserable. Good thing we learn and evolve ;)

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Depending on who's point you look at it from, I unfortunately contribute to the cs cheating scene, only for 5 people which is probably only around 0.01% of total cheaters. VAC is such a basic PoS that a toddler could bypass it.

There's a large AU cheat developer who has a piece of software that completely disables the VAC system. I'd be able to cheat with a $20k inventory and only be prone to overwatch.

They won't upgrade VAC, other than skins, it's a part of their income. What does a cheater do wen he gets banned? More often than not he'll buy a new copy of cs. Whether this is from steam directly or g2a, valve got the money from it.