• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Setting up a video gaming centre in the community.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Ow, didn't they have any security systems installed? Still... I can imagine why robbing such a place is ''attractive'' to people. Just imagine how much one single good gaming computer costs. Now add ten or twenty, and some nice new consoles... big smart TV's and you can make a fortune out of reselling these items. If I'd ever build up a gaming center I'd definitely make sure that I have top notch security.
Yup, and they make is easy when they open 24 hours a day, with one person watching the entire shop, and barely anybody in there (just the addicted ones who play online stuff 24/7) so it's definitely an easy theft. I don't know how long before they thought they should add cameras, but now a lot of them do and they kinda stopped doing the whole 24/7 thing unless they have a guard nearby or a police station in the vicinity.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I don't think not having these gaming centers is a sign of being "behind". Honestly, I think it's being phased out. Lots of free WiFi spots now so the idea of renting a PC for internet access is nearly obsolete. Mobile phones can access internet too, so you're not just limited to a full PC to browse and check emails. Combine that with free WiFi and you'll see why these gaming centers have been shutting down the past few years. Even full time arcades have diminished number of visitors because their games can now be accessed at home via consoles and trading.
Not to mention that the new mobile phones are as powerful as a 3 year old PC. There are a ton of FPS games on mobile phones and that's usually what people play at gaming centers. I can be anywhere in the United States (as long as there is cell service) and play some really awesome fps games.

Another thing I would like to add is most people today are antisocial. They would rather lock themselves in their house and not be bothered with being around a bunch of people. Heck most kids in my apartment complex don't even come out of the house/apartment anymore. And thats what a gaming center is mostly going to be geared for.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Ow, didn't they have any security systems installed? Still... I can imagine why robbing such a place is ''attractive'' to people. Just imagine how much one single good gaming computer costs. Now add ten or twenty, and some nice new consoles... big smart TV's and you can make a fortune out of reselling these items. If I'd ever build up a gaming center I'd definitely make sure that I have top notch security.
Yeah, tight security at a gaming center Is really necessary. No space should be left for bad things. The owner would be held responsible if anything happens to anyone who patronize the center.

streettallest

Reaction score
Setting up such a center in an urban area can be very lucrative. Added to the number of youths that are addicted to gaming these days, is the fact that your hardware keeps on bringing in the money with little of no further expenses.
Basically, you will need television, game consoles, source of electricity and housing. But prices or costs depends on your location.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Setting up such a center in an urban area can be very lucrative. Added to the number of youths that are addicted to gaming these days, is the fact that your hardware keeps on bringing in the money with little of no further expenses.
Basically, you will need television, game consoles, source of electricity and housing. But prices or costs depends on your location.
Important information.
Thank you very much.
Do you operate a gaming center in your locality?

overcast

Reaction score
If you are operating this as community effort in such case you can buy console or PC in bulk. And save on the cost of the devices. You can have your set of configurations in mind, which can be used and here you can save money from distributor that gives you less quote. So that being said, I have tried to install few computers for church and we tried this way.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
If you are operating this as community effort in such case you can buy console or PC in bulk. And save on the cost of the devices. You can have your set of configurations in mind, which can be used and here you can save money from distributor that gives you less quote. So that being said, I have tried to install few computers for church and we tried this way.
Wow, good information. I really appreciate.