• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pokemon Games

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
The last Pokemon game that I played was Blue and Red. I use to play it on my GameBoy. I enjoyed it a lot but I never played any other game of Pokemon. I love Pokemon animes as I have a lot of those animes on my PC. Most of the time I use to watch those.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Of course I played the Pokemon games, they are almost a must for every gamer! Sadly, I never owned a gameboy so a friend of mine used to let me use its own for some weeks. This was at the time of Red and Blue were out, and the Pokemon just started gaining their popularity. I remember that I accidentally cancelled his game, and that I wasn't even able to catch a Pokemon because I didn't understood I had to buy the pokeballs.
Although they were my first, those aren't my favourite: my heart will always belong to Crystal. That game had a unique atmosphere, and - in my opinion - the best legendaries. So sad it was never remade...

Ragnaricecream

Reaction score
I've played every single Pokemon game ever released, and I do mean all of them, even Pokemon Conquest. There's just something about the franchise that keeps me coming back. Maybe its the nostalgia, or maybe its just that they are good at marketing *cough* milking *cough*.

OH MAN how did you get to play pokemon Conquest?? I have been trying since it came out, and there's always a problem or something and it crashes on startup. Not even on emulator i could play it! Please tell me oh wizard.

My favourite of the main franchise would be Pokemon Sun. The gameplay and story are really a lot better than the other ones. Well, except pokemon Black and White. The story of N and his motivations is still really good.

Of the not main games, I'd say that, despite all the hours poured into Pokemon Pinball, it is Pokemon Mistery dungeon.

I love those games even more than the main ones. I've been hooked on them since the first one. The story is cheesy, but it's in a weird way very similar to the stories about pokemon i would imagine when i was little. Dreams, destiny, superpowers, bad guys...

Also, Grovyle is the best.

Don't you guys know about Mistery dungeon?

Also, the worst one is pokemon shuffle :C

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
My favorite will always be Hey You, Pikachu!. No shame. Most surprising/tragic ending in all of gaming. :worried:

Hey_You%2C_Pikachu%21_Coverart.png

littlestar

Reaction score
I love it when people say they're trying to catch all the Pokemon! I feel like I'm the only one who tries to do that so I usually am much slower to finish the games. I hope to play more the games at some point.

Empire

Reaction score
might have said about it before or not, yet since I'm new to the site with under 50 posts then nope. I'm not into Pokemon and that my phone or other devices doesn't even support the game anyway. So that sucks. Yet that being said it has died down abit now that there aren't many going around the world. Also means less people dead

Mattmattics

Reaction score
The last Pokemon game that I played was Blue and Red. I use to play it on my GameBoy. I enjoyed it a lot but I never played any other game of Pokemon. I love Pokemon animes as I have a lot of those animes on my PC. Most of the time I use to watch those.
That has to be a first. I have never come across anyone that enjoys the Poke anime more than the games. To go as far back as Red and Blue while saying that no less. Was the Gameboy green screen or gaming experience part of the problem?

Linen

Reaction score
I still play Pokemon games. I've played them a lot since I was a kid, from Blue each generation until Diamond (I-IV). I skipped over the Black/White games (V), but came back once they announced X and Y, taking with me a new mindset when compared to that kid from IV previous. I enjoy the newer games a lot more, but that might be because they're generally more internet-connected compared to the older ones (I am aware IV games had internet connectivity, but didn't have consistent wi-fi access to use it with). I never had the opportunity to play against or trade with anyone except one of my older brothers, so the fact you could trade and battle over internet so easily in the newest games was amazing, and still is to a degree.

I can't say I enjoyed Go very much, though, primarily because of the first few updates removing the distance tracker (there's a lot more incentive to look for a Pokemon when you know exactly how close it is to you) and being in a mostly-rural area.

jviloriab96

Reaction score
Yesterday, Mr. Ishihara, from The Pokémon Company, announced a new Pokémon game coming to the Nintendo Switch. The announcement was made via Twitter and very few details were given. So far, all we know is that it’ll be developed by GameFreak and it will be a “core RPG” game. But Zelda: Breath of the Wild sure raised the bar for all the Nintendo games to come, and we can trust that Pokémon will not be the one to drop the ball.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
Alright! A core RPG Pokemon on the big screen! (Pokemon Colosseum for the GameCube was close...very close...but just didn't quite feel like the handheld games. I hope this game is able to capture that magic on the Switch.)

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what the game will look like on the Switch. It's a great platform for a Pokemon game. You can play it on the big screen and then take it on the go to meet up with friends. Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness were good games but they didn't really attract me like the main series of games.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
I've been playing since ye olde Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon was the reason I used my first pay to buy a 3DS. My latest acquisition was Moon and I was head over heels from the beginning~ Don't we all wish to catch 'em all anyway?
You have embarked on a noble adventure, I wonder how did it go!

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
I still play Pokemon games. I've played them a lot since I was a kid, from Blue each generation until Diamond (I-IV). I skipped over the Black/White games (V), but came back once they announced X and Y, taking with me a new mindset when compared to that kid from IV previous. I enjoy the newer games a lot more, but that might be because they're generally more internet-connected compared to the older ones (I am aware IV games had internet connectivity, but didn't have consistent wi-fi access to use it with). I never had the opportunity to play against or trade with anyone except one of my older brothers, so the fact you could trade and battle over internet so easily in the newest games was amazing, and still is to a degree.

I can't say I enjoyed Go very much, though, primarily because of the first few updates removing the distance tracker (there's a lot more incentive to look for a Pokemon when you know exactly how close it is to you) and being in a mostly-rural area.

Did you see the newest updates for Pokemon Go? They're adding co-op play which is super exciting. I feel like Pokemon is meant to be a community effort (like the GTS in the games is a global trading station where you trade with other real players). I do agree that playing a rural area takes away from the game, though. No Pokemon appear and there aren't people to play with.

I love that they've added digital copies of older Pokemon Games to the Nintendo store and can't wait to see where they go with Nintendo Switch. Pokemon has been one of my biggest Nintendo games since I was a kid, so for it to still be growing and gaining interest is a huge deal.

Linen

Reaction score
Did you see the newest updates for Pokemon Go? They're adding co-op play which is super exciting. I feel like Pokemon is meant to be a community effort (like the GTS in the games is a global trading station where you trade with other real players). I do agree that playing a rural area takes away from the game, though. No Pokemon appear and there aren't people to play with.

I'm aware of the recent Go updates. I can't say I'm considering picking up Go again regardless, though, because of the same rural-area predicament. I'm sure once I go back to classes I probably could go back to playing with some success since I always got most of my mons during class downtime, but priorities, and Go simply hasn't been one for almost a year now.

WarVet

Reaction score
Ahh Pokemon! Good times. Back in the day here they made a mod over the original game which included different talks and situations. Lots of foul words and even some sex references! It was so cool hahahah

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I used to love to play Pokemon, but not having a Nintendo handheld for years leaves me incapable of keeping up with or understanding new Pokemon. I used to play semi-competitively online during the 3rd generation and for the beginning of the 4th, but since I always used someone else's Nintendo DS and never owned my own, that didn't stay consistent and I eventually just stopped. Pokemon games are fun to finish even the PvE sections, even if they are a bit simple.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I still visit the classic Pokémon games now and again. Of the newer ones, I've only played Pokémon: Soul Silver but it instantly became one of my favorites as well. In any case, the ones I revisit most often are Fire Red and Emerald because those are the ones which I grew up with. Everything from the music to the pixel art just brings back so many good memories. Just talking about them right now makes me want to fire up my Nintendo DS (I still have the old one that plays Game Boy games) and give it a go!

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I can say with all the words that I know that I love playing Pokémon in every possible and imaginable way. :tonguewink: It's definitely one of my favorite games in the whole world! :smiley:

I've been a cartoon fan since I was a kid, and I'm still a fan. :sunglasses:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I still play my favorite game to date is Pokemon emerald

I wouldn't say that it's my favorite in the Pokémon world, but it's definitely a good version. I like it a lot. :smiley:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I grew up on pokemon, I remember to this day repeating the battle over and over to catch my first suicoon. I love pokemon games so much.

I can totally understand you :smile: and I think feeling that sensation is a privilege that only a few players and fans can feel in a fully way. I don't know how to explain this, but it's something amazinf! :sunglasses: