• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pokemon Games

Zalaria

Reaction score
Damn, when was the last time I played pokemon... I use to play Gold back in the days, even with some glitchy-as-hell moments when battling with my older sister. The fight with Red remains one of the best battles to this day. And let's not forget that awful roadblock that was Whitney... *shudders*

Though I never had the chance to play the original Red/Blue/Yellow, or the opportunity to see Missingno, but I still enjoyed the games a lot. The last game I played was Pearl, and I loved my team so much, until one day someone decided to make a new file...

blackcanary

Reaction score
The first Pokémon game I ever played was Yellow back in the day. I was really young and never finished it unfortunately. I also dabbled with Gold/Silver too although I wasn't really into the games that much. I watched the animé all the time though.

I got back into it at Platinum and really enjoyed it and have bought the games ever since. I started playing/learning competitive Pokémon with X/Y too so it really is an ongoing journey. I've gone back and played the older games that I missed too and ORAS was great as I completely missed out on Gen 3.

niightwind

Reaction score
I've been a fan of the Pokemon games since Pokemon Yellow edition. I still remember being so frustrated that I ragequitted the first time I played because I couldn't beat the first gym; Pikachu vs rock types as the first gym battle was not a good mix. Since then though, I've played every Pokemon game as it has been released. (Well not every game; I choose just one version to go with, not both.) I also watched the anime until Diamond & Pearl seasons started, after which I lost interest in that part of the franchise.

To this day though I still love the Pokemon games. I loved the Heartgold/Soulsilver remakes but sadly I wasn't a fan of the OR/AS remakes and couldn't get through them.

At this point I'm kind of on the fence about where the series should go from here. On the one hand I love it and want it to continue on for as long as possible, but on the other, the whole "gotta catch em all" thing is getting really annoying and difficult with this many Pokemon existing now. If a new generation came out I'd still play it, but I've given up on trying to catch em all; I just play for the story now.

Testament

Reaction score
Pokemon X/Y and ORAS have blown past expectations. The new 3D way of Pokemon really lit up all Pokemon fans, old and new.

What I love the most about Pokemon games, though, is competitive battling. EV training and IV breeding is just not for kids and it really separates the casual fans from the hardcore ones.

Diogeneticist

Reaction score
I think my favourite Pokémon game is probably FireRed. I'm not a genwunner but I know the game like the back of my hand and it's really fun to do challenge runs on. I do really like X and Y though, since it lets me make a team absolutely full of my all time favourite Pokémon!

Razorwind

Reaction score
Pokemon Ruby was the first one I ever played (although I'd been a fanatic about the anime series before playing). Everything comes kind of late where I live so you can imagine what playing a pokemon game would mean! And it was really a great game too, I think its really underrated. Although I've never really had a problem with any gym in any of the games really. Except for Misty, since the only pokemon I had were Charmander and Nidoran, i think it was. So I defeated Gary and bypassed through to the next gym, beat Lt.Surge and raised my Charmander to lvl. 34 Charmeleon and came back to defeat her :D

zanderlex

Reaction score
I still love Pokemon. As a matter of fact, just last night on another forum I am a member of, I bought the 2DS Bundle that comes with Pokemon X from the owner. I did have a 3DS before with X, but I sold it after like 6 months because that was the only game I could afford and I invsted that into a few new Vita games, but now I plan on getting other games as well.

My favorite game of all time is Gold, that was my first and one of the most fun to fully complete.

Kaitara

Reaction score
I too love Pokemon, I think there must be very few people who actively dislike it. The last game I played was X and I quickly beat the game but I get bored with the grind after that so I didn't go further than building a perfect EV/IV Eeveelutions team...which I then quit leveling up because it was a pain XD I think my favorites are still Red/Blue, the classics. I grew up with them and they're irreplaceable in my heart. I also can't really get used to all the new pokemon, there are just too many (and some of them are ridiculous, like the ice cream one...)

utneqo7d

Reaction score
It seems everybody likes the first pokémon game they played the most (including me, being pokémon diamond) though that's pretty logical as the first experience with pokémon games was the best thing ever to happen to most of us (in pokémon terms than ofcourse)
Pokémon is just one of those games you'll eventually always go back to, and look back with great memories of all the time you spent catching pokémons and working hard toward the league. Games like call of duty are nice too, and addicting, but nothing beats hard work of training your pokémon trying to get better.

Patrick

Reaction score
I'll be 75 in my underwater resort, retired, married, with 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren still playing Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, or Gold/Silver/Crystal on my GameBoy Color. Those games are, for one reason or another, some of the most relaxing games I've ever played. As someone has said previously, Pokemon is timeless. The memories it's left people with make it one of those games they will always enjoy going back to.

utneqo7d

Reaction score
I'll be 75 in my underwater resort, retired, married, with 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren still playing Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, or Gold/Silver/Crystal on my GameBoy Color. Those games are, for one reason or another, some of the most relaxing games I've ever played. As someone has said previously, Pokemon is timeless. The memories it's left people with make it one of those games they will always enjoy going back to.

I really hope that like in 2060 they organise a huge international pokémon contest for gameboy and DS versions of pokémon and that the winner may be the first to enter a special virtual recreation of pokémon, which can be controlled by your brain, in which he has to defeat the league etc. but then it is like real I mean it's every childs dream to have some real pokémon as friends and also have like a big snorlax in your way xD

Patrick

Reaction score
I really hope that like in 2060 they organise a huge international pokémon contest for gameboy and DS versions of pokémon and that the winner may be the first to enter a special virtual recreation of pokémon, which can be controlled by your brain, in which he has to defeat the league etc. but then it is like real I mean it's every childs dream to have some real pokémon as friends and also have like a big snorlax in your way xD
Hopefully VR gaming has kicked off at that point and we see something like "Pokemon VR Adventure" or something where you've actually got to raise your Pokemon and travel to different regions. *sigh* my kids will be so lucky :/

utneqo7d

Reaction score
Hopefully VR gaming has kicked off at that point and we see something like "Pokemon VR Adventure" or something where you've actually got to raise your Pokemon and travel to different regions. *sigh* my kids will be so lucky :/

Imagine you could be young again than in VR and perhaps they like also add like sense and stuff whoa, I hope that really becomes a thing soon. Hunting for pokémon in tall grass, exploring caves, defeating the league, it would all be even better man. Or just surfing around the ocean on your water pokémon really relaxed that would be sick! I've always wanted to really experience games way more but pokémon would be the best to do so as other games are really boring in comparison.

Rosenii

Reaction score
I still play them, and will probably never not play them. My favourite games would probably be Emerald or Crystal. I'm really looking forward to gen7 though.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
I grew up with the pokemon games and adored them. When I look back on my childhood, most of my time was spent sitting on the floor playing pokemon and trying to get through the forests. I remember the frustrations that came with the game, but how incredibly fun it was. I am a huge pokemon fan. Everything from collecting the cards to the video games, I did it all. Sadly, I have not played any of the newer games, but I would love to.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Who else here still loves a good old fashion Pokemon game? I've been buying every game on launch day ever since Pokemon Red, they are still great fun.

I recently decided I was going to catch them all, so that's been a huge project. I'm currently playing through Soul Silver so I can transfer forward all my pokes from Pokemon Ruby. Anyone else still playing?

I don't play the old ones as much as I used to, but X/Y got me WAY back into pokemon. I've been playing since Gen one and I can't remember ever being as excited to play a Pokemon game as I was when X/Y were first announced. I play it daily.

Jboh

Reaction score
I loved Pokemon for a very long time. Pokemon Yellow was my first video game and Gold version still remains one of my favorite games to date. I do play the games from time to time and I occasionally dabble around in competitive play, but I fell off the Pokemon train around the 5th generation of games. On to of starting to get burned out with the franchise in general, I really feel like Black and White were the worst Pokemon games to date. (With X and Y coming in for a close second.)

That said, I still love the games and I'll definitely come back to the franchise after a much needed break.

Liselle

Reaction score
I didn't play any of the classic versions like Leaf Green / Fire Red. I started playing Pokemon when I was young. The first game I ever got was Pokemon Pearl and that is still one of my favorite. I've played almost all Pokemon game since then and I especially love the Black & White series. The X & Y series is really interesting as well.

I've also played the side games like Pokemon Rangers and the Mystery Dungeons but nothing beats the main games. Now I'm just waiting for Pokemon Go.

NotEashy

Reaction score
I absolutely love every Pokemon game I've played so far. I'm really looking forward to the Red, Blue, and Yellow releases on the Virtual Console for 3DS. SoulSilver is definitely one of my favorite Pokemon games. Good luck on catching em all!