• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Playstation

Lug

Reaction score
Does anyone else still play the old playstation games and if so how often and which ones. Do you still think it is any good against the newer machines?

Hidden308

Reaction score
I have alot of the old playstation games. I don't play them anymore though.

Lug

Reaction score
Why not also which games do you have out of interest?

Do you think there is a market out there still for PSOne fans?

overcast

Reaction score
I have access to both PS 1 and PS 2. Both are pretty much worn out and not going to be much playable in near future. But those are still functional machines. I think some of the older games such playstation go also has some good performance. though it's not for two or more players. it's still a good option to play with friends.

Robbie626

Reaction score
I have some old PlayStation 2 games such as Freedom Fighters and GTA: Vice City. I hate how some PlayStation 3 consoles support previous version and some do not. Am I the only one that can see Son useses the same controller and the newer consoles can hold better graphic gameplay? They should support older games regardless, but oh well.

missionreport

Reaction score
Well I still have my old ps2 but that's only to play the older games. I don't really bother installing an emulator on my pc when I can get the best possible experience with my ps2. I can't really say if it's any better or if it did any better than any of the current games. All I know that it was an era defining addition to the gaming industry that really jumpstarted the best of what we have today.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I still have games from 2005-2011 for the PS2. Sadly, the PS2 died in 2011, so I only have the books and casings of games that I had during the time. I can't really get rid of it though, I don't have the heart to throw them away because I'm the sentimental type. It just sits in the closet, and honestly I don't think I'll purchase a PS2 again so I can play those games, so they're just there collecting dust.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I still have my PS2 but I don't use it anymore as I now have a PS4. Some of my old games are still here but I have not played them for a very long time and I am not sure if I will be playing them again. I agree that there are some old games that are better than some new games. But nowadays with so many releases I prefer to play new games rather than sticking to old ones.

Sino989

Reaction score
I rarely play old playstation games because I usually just play my PS4 games but if I get bored of my PS4 I sometimes go back and play Black Ops 2 for the playstation 3 or I sometimes even go back to my playstation 1 and play need for speed.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I do play old Playstation One and PS2 games on my laptop through an emulator. The games I usually play with my friends are Smackdown: Here comes the Pain and the old Tekken games for the Playstation One. Sadly, a lot of other PS2 games are a bit choppy/laggy on my laptop so it doesn't really give a good game experience. The old PS1 games run very smoothly though, as expected since even smartphones can run it smoothly these days.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I rarely play old playstation games because I usually just play my PS4 games but if I get bored of my PS4 I sometimes go back and play Black Ops 2 for the playstation 3 or I sometimes even go back to my playstation 1 and play need for speed.
I have a PS1 emulator on my PC where all the games I played as a kid are stored. Tekken 3, Resident Evil 3, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash Team Racing, etc. I have a DS4 controller so whenever I'm bored and want to play I'd use that, so it still feels like a PS1 game I kept playing as a kid. Too bad I can't remember some of the games I've had back then, otherwise my emulator collection would be larger.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Lug, I don't have old PlayStation games anymore to play. I have started to use my PC more in gaming section and not only. I am doing this because it is more relaxing to play games from my PC. Maybe I will try Ps4, very soon because a friend told me that he will borrow it to me and if worth the investiton I will sure buy it!

SashaS

Reaction score
The only PlayStation 1 games I ever played was Twisted Metal and Crash Bandicoot. The former was a pretty ridiculous racing game but it really shone and showed what the console was capable of. Everyone knows and loves the latter, of course.

On PlayStation 2 I had a lot of different games, around 60 to be exact. Some noteworthy favorites in include the GTA series (LCS, San Andreas, Vice City, Vice City Stories, III) Gran Turismo 4, Jak X, SOCOM Navy Seals, The Sims 2, and the list goes on. There were too many awesome titles to name.

PlayStation 3 would have stuff like Gran Turismo 5 and Call of Duty. Also played a bit of DIRT, but never owned the console myself actually. Its a great console though and I'd love to have a PS4 Slim (I love the aesthetic) one day just to play occasionally. I just need that cash and time first, haha

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I have both the PS1 and PS2 consoles laying around but I haven't turned them on in years. I think I still have some of the games I played when I was a kid like Prince of Persia, the old GTA games and NFS Carbon. I should turn them on, see if they're still working or not.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The only PlayStation 1 games I ever played was Twisted Metal and Crash Bandicoot. The former was a pretty ridiculous racing game but it really shone and showed what the console was capable of. Everyone knows and loves the latter, of course.

On PlayStation 2 I had a lot of different games, around 60 to be exact. Some noteworthy favorites in include the GTA series (LCS, San Andreas, Vice City, Vice City Stories, III) Gran Turismo 4, Jak X, SOCOM Navy Seals, The Sims 2, and the list goes on. There were too many awesome titles to name.

PlayStation 3 would have stuff like Gran Turismo 5 and Call of Duty. Also played a bit of DIRT, but never owned the console myself actually. Its a great console though and I'd love to have a PS4 Slim (I love the aesthetic) one day just to play occasionally. I just need that cash and time first, haha
How could you have played Sims with a controller? As someone who has played both PS and PC a lot as a kid, point and click stuff usually belong in the PC. Fighting games, racing games, and sports go to the controller. How can you manage to point and click accurately with an analog stick? Must be a pain when you have more than one character being controlled.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I sometimes revisit old Smackdown games on my PS2 and NBA Ballers. Once or twice a year. I just love the old times because current WWE games sucks.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I sometimes revisit old Smackdown games on my PS2 and NBA Ballers. Once or twice a year. I just love the old times because current WWE games sucks.
100% agreed. WWE games suck nowadays. I downloaded an emulator of PS2 a few years back (my real PS2 died back in 2011) and I still play Here Comes the Pain, WWE SD VS RAW, 2005-2011. Back when wrestling games were fun and not just aiming (and horribly failing) at realism. I prefer HCtP as the best, but I also like I think it was 08 when the wrestlers had "classes" like submission expert, technical expert, etc.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
100% agreed. WWE games suck nowadays. I downloaded an emulator of PS2 a few years back (my real PS2 died back in 2011) and I still play Here Comes the Pain, WWE SD VS RAW, 2005-2011. Back when wrestling games were fun and not just aiming (and horribly failing) at realism. I prefer HCtP as the best, but I also like I think it was 08 when the wrestlers had "classes" like submission expert, technical expert, etc.

What emulator are you using? I might try that, instead of playing on my PS2.

Kharyode

Reaction score
I don't play those old stuff again because the are boring to me. I love the Ps3 and the Ps4 that I usually play this days. The look mature and the graphics and amazing.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
How could you have played Sims with a controller? As someone who has played both PS and PC a lot as a kid, point and click stuff usually belong in the PC. Fighting games, racing games, and sports go to the controller. How can you manage to point and click accurately with an analog stick? Must be a pain when you have more than one character being controlled.
I also played The Sims/The Sims 2 on my PS2, and the controls were pretty accurate, you just moved around the cursor with the analog stick. It normally moved awfully slow, but you could speed it up (if I remember correctly, it's been a lot of time) to be quicker. Scrolling through menus did take a lot longer, though. The difference was astounding when I later tried the game on a PC (especially content-wise, so much of it didn't make the cut in the PS2 version, most likely to make it fit in a single disk).