• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Old v/s new

WarVet

Reaction score
I like keeping my old stuff, no matter what exactly it is. Anything I can keep, I keep. I did have to sell some of my technology when I updated simply because I needed the money. But if it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't have done it. I like keeping things as memories. One day when I look at them, I remember all the good times. I find all my items equally relevant - technology, clothes, childhood toys, etc. I get strangely attached to material items because they bring me back to a certain period in time. However I do prefer to have something that works better at hand, so if the only way to upgrade is to sell the old stuff, then okay, it has to be done.
And yeah, I'd buy someone's old console if it was good enough for me. I don't think it's necessary to have the newest one.

I think it's a very decent point of view. I am a bit of a keeper myself. Beware though this habit can go to extreme lengths. My mother is twice as much as i am and honestly she keeps a lot of trash in the house. Broken items, old papers and such. She claims to keep it because of sentimental value but all it does it's occupy space. A few sentimental items here and there are just fine but she takes it to the extreme.

valy

Reaction score
You were lucky to find such offer even if he was your friend. I do accept this kind of offers when I find about them. I usually sell stuff first and after that, I add a money difference and I buy what I needed to buy! This is a big deal because everyone is getting what it wants so all are happy!

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I virtually never buy used hardware. My experiences with the practice have been very poor. Typically I've found that a large portion of the used hardware available was sold to the shop because some kid ruined it and they figured they could make a buck off of it. The other problem is Gamestop in particular does a tremendously poor job of refurbishing and checking their hardware for suitability. I've bought consoles from them with plugs that throw sparks, simply don't turn on, and even which had foreign objects stuck in them! Between that and buying game discs that wouldn't even play I learned a hard lesson about not buying used video game stuff.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I save all of my gaming consoles and games. I've been tempted so many ties to sell things, but I've been gaming, off and on, for over thirty years, and I am fond and nostalgic of different systems for different reasons--I know this is laughable, but I still have a Gamecube that I play Lord of the Rings games on...I have Nintendos, Playstations, Ataris, and, of course, my XBox, but I and my friends will nerd out on different systems at different intervals.