• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Oblivion vs Skyrim

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I agree with Scotty: Morrowind GOTY Edition blows both Oblivion and Skyrim to the deepest darkest pit. Of course if you play Oblivion with the Morrowind mod then you've got the better part of both worlds. Too bad they still haven't finished Skywind, the MW mod for Skyrim. Only way to make any of those three perfect would be to have Daggerfall in them with updated graphics and gameplay.

If I had to absolutely pick one of the two, then I'd be saying Oblivion simply because of the questlines. They both have similar modpacks, even if those seem to be too heavy on the cheats.
They are almost finished with the first installment of Skywind though. Or was it Skyblivion? It takes you outside the borders of Skyrim and you get a DLC sized area to roam around on what basically is the edge of Cyrodiil. I saw the gameplay trailer and they even added lore items and weapons, so this should be an awesome ride from start to finish while we players wait for an Elder Scrolls 6.

thart

Reaction score
in my opinion, skyrim has many improvements, graphically and technically, but when it comes to roleplaying obvilion is better.