• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Oblivion vs Skyrim

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
I have played so much skyrim and I wanted to try Oblivion..... IS the game good?

Other wise.... A lot of the internet says Oblivion is superior to Skyrim besides graphics.... What do you say?

Womack

Reaction score
I loved both games, and If your not a stickler for graphics, I would definitely recommend it. Just be aware that the people in Oblivion have potato faces and the bow/arrow system is way different from Skyrim's.

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
It a great game, and if you get for pc, mod the fuck out of it. nothing is better than free horse armor, oh and graphics

Miller

Reaction score
Skyrim. Skyrim. Skyrim.

Jokes i've never tried oblivion someone explain it to me

The Evonation

Reaction score
I have played so much skyrim and I wanted to try Oblivion..... IS the game good?

Other wise.... A lot of the internet says Oblivion is superior to Skyrim besides graphics.... What do you say?
Skyrim has a lot more to offer than oblivion, As I have played both.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
You plebs over here arguing about oblivion or skyrim. Morrowind is the best elder scrolls obviously.You get no waypoints in morrowind you have to legit follow road signs to do quests and crap. Also fighting is harder and more intense man, plus morrowind has spears. As well as throwing stars.
You also ride on giant fleas to get around, now tell me who in there right mind would not want to right on a giant flea!?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...age_116.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141211235520

MORROWIND MASTER RACE!!!!!!!

Thrall

Reaction score
Some of the side quest storylines are pretty good in Oblivion, especially Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild. The DLC with Sheogorath (I think called Shivering Isles?) is also AMAZING.

Gen

IM Super Admin
Reaction score
I would have to agree with this post. It is very relatable and easy to follow
Skyrim

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Bethesda loved chins in Morrowind, then they fucking hated chins in Oblivion, now they seem to be taking a more even view on chins in Skyrim. What annoyed me in Oblivion is that there were so many possible combinations of ugly and barely any combinations that looked somewhat nice.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I'm a huge sucker for Oblivion, but that could be because it was the first Elder Scrolls game I played. Skyrim was great, and I put a good deal of time into it, but it just didn't get me going like Oblivion. Oblivion's soundtrack was spot on for me, and the atmosphere of Cyrodiil is something that holds a special place in my heart. My friend got me a copy of the game for my birthday a while back, and now I feel I should reinstall it and play through the game again.

lexcion

Reaction score
Skyrim is probably more beginner friendly than Oblivion. If you already played Skyrim than Oblivion would be a great game to play next if you ignore the hideous graphics.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I absolutely love Skyrim, and although Oblivion is good too, I don't believe it's better. If you want solid proof, you can look up Oblivion voice dubs in youtube and see if it's better. I like the fact that you get to meet a some more of the Daedric gods in oblivion, Mehrunes Dagon is personally my favorite, but it's still Skyrim for me. The overall experience with Skyrim was much better for me as it felt more engaging.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I didn't like it to be honest. The gameplay isn't as fluid as in Skyrim, and the magic is only a toggle button and not its own combat system. The story is great, but it's hard to do roleplays with what I thought was incredibly limited gameplays, and the potato heads don't really do it for me either. I'm all for gameplay over graphics, but we gotta admit the NPCs of the game has to have some sort of humanity in them. They kinda look like Shrek when I played, so there's definitely that.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Both Skyrim and Oblivion are excellent games which have their own merits, but neither are perfect by any means. Both have certain things that they do better than the other. For example, in my opinion the atmosphere in Oblivion is miles ahead of Skyrim. The lush, green environment of Oblivion paired with its relaxing soundtrack make exploring the land an enchanting experience. However, traversing Skyrim's landscape feels more like a chore given the bland color palette and mostly rocky areas. While the combat is more fluid and fun in Skyrim, I prefer the leveling system in Oblivion more. And while Skyrim's main story might be more epic, the side quests in Oblivion are far more interesting.

Overall, I like Oblivion more, but Skyrim is just as good in its own way

Gladdy

Reaction score
Damn, now that is a very tough comparison. Sort of asking like who is cuter - puppies or kittens? :p

I have played both. Funnily enough, I played Skyrim first and then a year after, I purchased the Oblivion for my Xbox 360.

Both games are beyond amazing and are worth playing, I think that there's no arguing there but which one is the best is up to your own personal taste. Skyrim obviously wins with better graphics since it was made years after Oblivion. You also have some new things and features that you can't find in Oblivion.

But Oblivion has better stories and quests. The guild faction quests were my favorite. Also, I loved Oblivion's music. I still remember most of the soundtracks, especially when closing the portals.

I would really recommend you play Oblivion if you haven't yet. Trust me, it is worth it.

WarVet

Reaction score
Both games are decent. I'm not saying Oblivion is a bad game but Skyrim is definitely better. I find Skyrim's graphics better, the customization options and freedom of choosing your own path too.

BrokenDownFlier

Reaction score
I agree with Scotty: Morrowind GOTY Edition blows both Oblivion and Skyrim to the deepest darkest pit. Of course if you play Oblivion with the Morrowind mod then you've got the better part of both worlds. Too bad they still haven't finished Skywind, the MW mod for Skyrim. Only way to make any of those three perfect would be to have Daggerfall in them with updated graphics and gameplay.

If I had to absolutely pick one of the two, then I'd be saying Oblivion simply because of the questlines. They both have similar modpacks, even if those seem to be too heavy on the cheats.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Skyrim is superior, I think it improves over Oblivion, it's a very complete game and the side quest are funny, the gameplay is cool and the world/lore is rich and extense.