• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

New Text Messaging App

Pady

Reaction score
Amazing Idea.
It is great to make application for self.
But I think if you had luck and you worked hard, then other may be like.
I would definitely like to try.
Good Luck.

SashaS

Reaction score
I feel like while modern messaging apps like WhatsApp and FB Messenger are immensely successful, they do have their faults. Take WhatsApp for example. It used to be this simple alternative to spending money sending SMS's, but lately they've added so many features that its simply become user hostile and really heavy. It destroys data and storage space like its nothing and I can easily see new users and elderly people being overwhelmed by the amount of features and unnecessary add-ons.

I get that messaging apps need to compete for "who has the best features" but lately it seems to be more focused on quantity than quality.

If you do release a messaging app, try fill the gap when it comes to things that people really want, like themes and perhaps more privacy options or something along those lines. But also refrain from adding too much and making the app bloated. This is especially the case when it comes to people who live in developing countries that don't have tons of money to spend downloading and using apps on their phone.

Something basic and small is a lot more attractive. Good luck!

Beautiful

Reaction score
Well to be straightforward, I don't really have any recommendations at this moment however it sounds like a mind blowing thought. I will be looking forward in trying out your new application on my iPhone when it's out. Good Luck! :relaxed:

Korjak

Reaction score
Well to be straightforward, I don't really have any recommendations at this moment however it sounds like a mind blowing thought. I will be looking forward in trying out your new application on my iPhone when it's out. Good Luck! :relaxed:
y so cringy lady x

Beautiful

Reaction score
y so cringy lady x
Hello, what do you mean I'm so cringy? Please explain! I'm a little bit puzzled by your comment at this moment. Why would you comment something like that? I don't get it!!!

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Honestly, with so many different apps out there, you would need to stand out somehow. I would aim for simple yet elegant design without too many unneeded features. Keep it small and think about optimization the most. The competition is quite big, so coming out with something special might be a hard thing to do. But one thing you should surely do is to keep it as optimized as you can.

You need to decide your niche, too. Would it be a general messaging app, something for groups, might as well be a business messaging app or something for games, like discord perhaps.

Referal

Reaction score
why not add like an online and offline like users can go offline if they want and online etc. Also add like mini music player so people can listen or add their fav music.

msyukionna

Reaction score
The feature for most messaging apps that I'd love to hate is the group messaging. It just gets so out of control - too many notification when everyone is spamming, and missing some important posts amongst the chaos. Perhaps if you can give the user a better control on group messaging and other than just the choice to mute or un-mute it. For example, being able to pick to get notification from certain people in the group.

Also, another of my pet peeve is getting notifications in the middle of the night because of a very international friend's list, it's a time zone thing. I'd appreciate an interior timer to automatically turn on and off notification, like some phones have, with built in exception options. This is because I do not necessarily want to turn off sound/notification of my whole phone just to stop this particular app from disturbing me and missing any important calls or texts.

Ash

Reaction score
The feature for most messaging apps that I'd love to hate is the group messaging. It just gets so out of control - too many notification when everyone is spamming, and missing some important posts amongst the chaos. Perhaps if you can give the user a better control on group messaging and other than just the choice to mute or un-mute it. For example, being able to pick to get notification from certain people in the group.

Also, another of my pet peeve is getting notifications in the middle of the night because of a very international friend's list, it's a time zone thing. I'd appreciate an interior timer to automatically turn on and off notification, like some phones have, with built in exception options. This is because I do not necessarily want to turn off sound/notification of my whole phone just to stop this particular app from disturbing me and missing any important calls or texts.
I love this idea. Some sort of timer function in a messaging app would be amazing and it would definitely get me interested. I love group chats but it can get so annoying especially in the night when your using your phone or trying to sleep and the notifications keep coming non-stop.

Muting certain people from the group may also be quite a cool idea although I wouldn't use it because I like most of the people in my chats :D. What would be pretty cool would be custom sound notifications based on the person sending the message. That way you know whether it might be something important (your parents messaging you) or something not too important if the sound that you hear is the default notification sound.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I am ecstatic that someone else is taking the initiative to create such an app (instead of big corporate companies that are mainly invested in the production of such apps for the monetary values). I really hope you do prosper in this field and can deliver something valuable to many consumers who are having issues with the current messenger apps out on the market. Feedback is a real issue with these apps and sometimes sending reviews of the app on the store isn't enough to get your voice heard. However, you seem like a person who is willing to listen and to improve and evolve the app to the makings of its own consumers so on that front I expect a great deal from you. Good luck.