• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Metro series are getting another title - thoughts?

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I loved all the Metro games. Now, a new title is coming out. Metro: Exodus and I must say it looks amazing. I cant wait for it to come out. How about you?

Miles

Reaction score
I loved the first two, and reading the books really brings you into the immersive world. I'm excited about the new title, but my only hope is they fully stick to the "Metro" underground that made the first two games so much fun. Exciting news, something I'll be buying when it comes out.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Same. I can't wait either and I was so excited when it got announced at E3. The trailer looks absolutely fantastic! I love the crossbow that the main guy is wielding. Reminds me of the Tomb Raider games.

I already played through Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light. Both such amazing game in the horror/scary genre. They made me jump so many times... but I still had a blast playing them. Just remember to save ammo or you might have to fight a scary mutant without a weapon.

SashaS

Reaction score
I know that some of the Metro titles were met with criticism for being too bland and all, but I've always liked the unique setting and theme that the games proudly showcased. I watched the trailer for the latest installment and it actually looks really good. When he walked out of the darkness into the post-apocalyptic world, the textures and shaders shined and you could see it was a triple A title graphics wise. The enemies looked cool and the guns looked pretty good too. I would definitely give it a try if the opportunity came up.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit it, but.. I've never played any of the Metro games :( I'm going to start playing through them though ready for Exodus.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I know that some of the Metro titles were met with criticism for being too bland and all, but I've always liked the unique setting and theme that the games proudly showcased. I watched the trailer for the latest installment and it actually looks really good. When he walked out of the darkness into the post-apocalyptic world, the textures and shaders shined and you could see it was a triple A title graphics wise. The enemies looked cool and the guns looked pretty good too. I would definitely give it a try if the opportunity came up.

It was new and unique, not your classic Ubisoft title, that's why it wasn't received so well. I loved every part of it. The atmosphere was phenomenal. And for those interested in setting, there was not too much info released, but it will feature more ground coverage it seems. I enjoy the underground too, but who knows, maybe they pull it off and make another great title.

Thrall

Reaction score
I loved Last Light, will have to get the new one when it's out!

Denis_P

Reaction score
My thoughts on there being a new Metro title is that I need to get around to finally finishing the first one. To be honest, I'm not even entirely sure why I never finished it. I think it just wasn't the type of game I was looking for at the time. I was a bit turned off by having to fight other people rather than just mutants, and the difficulty of certain gameplay elements just had me frustrated sometimes.

It's definitely a good game though, I'm going to give it another go soon.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
My thoughts on there being a new Metro title is that I need to get around to finally finishing the first one. To be honest, I'm not even entirely sure why I never finished it. I think it just wasn't the type of game I was looking for at the time. I was a bit turned off by having to fight other people rather than just mutants, and the difficulty of certain gameplay elements just had me frustrated sometimes.

It's definitely a good game though, I'm going to give it another go soon.

Oh, a struggle. You should have played the game on hardest difficulty :) Low ammo, low filter amount for gas masks, not to mention enemy damage.

Mutants were a big thing, I really loved it all. Humans as well, it just shows that even after all the things nuclear war has done to humanity, people are still people. Waging wars, the only difference now is that they have to hide in the metro.

TIP: Your best bet is stealth, always. Observing movements when you are between hostile humans, observe the environment around them, be a sneaky little bastard, shoot the lights out with a silencer and knock them all out. Saves you ammo, which will be really useful later on. Sure, it takes more time, but it is actually more interesting, at least to me. Rambo style games are just getting boring, I really liked the stealth aspect of the game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I've seen the game in the queue and videos on Youtube, but it never got my attention or interest to play. I'm more focused on adventure games with lighthearted moments and action scenes. Metro didn't seem to fit the bill, so I passed on it. Can you sell me on the game? What makes it worth playing, and how many hours have you put into it?

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I've seen the game in the queue and videos on Youtube, but it never got my attention or interest to play. I'm more focused on adventure games with lighthearted moments and action scenes. Metro didn't seem to fit the bill, so I passed on it. Can you sell me on the game? What makes it worth playing, and how many hours have you put into it?

I cant recall, although I have played both Metro games and Redux version as well, played the story multiple times, from normal to the hardest difficulty. It brings its challenges. Its all about atmosphere and human nature with freaky mutants and what not. It might not be everyone's choice, but I really liked it for what it was. It had some nice horror / scare elements, creepy atmospheres and lots of action. And stealth if you prefer that sort of a play-through.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I think it's fantastic that a new metro comes out! I'm really looking forward to it, looks awesome.

WarVet

Reaction score
I love the Metro series. While I liked both games the style of the first appealed to me more. It was more survival horror theme with less ammo and you had to make you every shot count. The second game was good but the ending was made to be a multiple ending but in fact, it was really a single ending disguised as a multiple ending. Still, if they could mix the good elements from the first and the gameplay from the second this new Metro would be a hell of a game.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I love the Metro series. While I liked both games the style of the first appealed to me more. It was more survival horror theme with less ammo and you had to make you every shot count. The second game was good but the ending was made to be a multiple ending but in fact, it was really a single ending disguised as a multiple ending. Still, if they could mix the good elements from the first and the gameplay from the second this new Metro would be a hell of a game.

Well, what I didn't like is having a choice in the first game since it didn't matter for the second title. Sure, it had a nice ending if you chose to save the Dark Ones, but in general, bad strategy and execution on that part. But, still, the story that continues after the original ending is quite nice. I just hope that the bloody ending now affects the next installment. Well, I do think it will, considering the endings in Last Light, you probably went with the Redemption ending if Artyom is still cruising the lands in the new game

WarVet

Reaction score
Well, what I didn't like is having a choice in the first game since it didn't matter for the second title. Sure, it had a nice ending if you chose to save the Dark Ones, but in general, bad strategy and execution on that part. But, still, the story that continues after the original ending is quite nice. I just hope that the bloody ending now affects the next installment. Well, I do think it will, considering the endings in Last Light, you probably went with the Redemption ending if Artyom is still cruising the lands in the new game

Yeah, i agree, Do you remember how to get each ending? They claimed your choices affected the ending but really it was more of an "explore the whole game" thing than your choices. Finding secret areas and such would give you points toward the "good" ending. It was a lame system in my opinion.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Yeah, i agree, Do you remember how to get each ending? They claimed your choices affected the ending but really it was more of an "explore the whole game" thing than your choices. Finding secret areas and such would give you points toward the "good" ending. It was a lame system in my opinion.

Yeah, it was not that special. I liked it in certain parts, mostly when being around settlements and humans and hearing various stories, but it can get quite bothersome at times. I believe they could have done it better, although there were some important decisions that really did stand out, especially in the second game. *Spoiler* Comrade Pavel *Spoiler* Korbut. Just some names you might remember, those were one of the biggest choices, although they did not work on their own, you did have to do exploring and what not. At certain areas it was fun, even creepy, especially where anomalies appear (not the one in the tunnel), but ghosts, echoes of past and such.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yeah, it was not that special. I liked it in certain parts, mostly when being around settlements and humans and hearing various stories, but it can get quite bothersome at times. I believe they could have done it better, although there were some important decisions that really did stand out, especially in the second game. *Spoiler* Comrade Pavel *Spoiler* Korbut. Just some names you might remember, those were one of the biggest choices, although they did not work on their own, you did have to do exploring and what not. At certain areas it was fun, even creepy, especially where anomalies appear (not the one in the tunnel), but ghosts, echoes of past and such.

I remember aye. I sincerely hope they learn from the bad in Last Light and from the good in both games to outdo themselves in the upcoming sequel although it should not be much of a sequel but rather a spin off given the cannon ending.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I remember aye. I sincerely hope they learn from the bad in Last Light and from the good in both games to outdo themselves in the upcoming sequel although it should not be much of a sequel but rather a spin off given the cannon ending.

Ah, I really have no idea how are they gonna pull it out. They made those choices, but in the end, I really have no idea how do they plan to go with the story from the Last Light. It might turn to be quite a mess. I will enjoy it, but I fear they might make such a confusing story in the end.

thart

Reaction score
I mostly like it. No one does post apocalyptic stuff as well as the Russians. The Metro Series is just so dark and dyfunctional that it can really kind of depress you after a while.