• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Lord of the Rings RP --Development -- Beta Launched!

ASC

Reaction score
Not really a huge fan, but seems like a good idea. :)

Sag/Switch

CW Server Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't wait to test it out, once it comes out. It will be cool.

Sag/Switch

CW Server Admin
Reaction score
Yeah same, I'd be happy to test out the beta and report bugs I find.

Commissar Jorkul

WH Server Moderator
Reaction score
OK serious talk guys. Did you know lord of the rings actually takes a lot of things from religious points of view? For ecample Elf are the idea of what a perfect human would be, I.E Adam and eve. Wizard, such as Gandalf are Angels. You see the term for wizard in lord of the rings is a Maiar. Maiar's are essentially angels that fell to earth. Other Maiar's are Sauron, and that guy from the hobbit with the rabbits. The reason why they act strange, is because once they have fallen to earth, maiar's tend to forget why they came there, and what they are. Gandalf however remembers waht he was, hence why he was more powerful than the other Maiar's.

I don't know who taught you your LotR, but you've got quite a bit wrong. ALLOW ME.

The religious standpoint in LOTR doesn't stem from the elves being "Adam and Eve," but from the spread of Islam from the East into Europe(AKA, the Orcs and Mordor.) Tolkien was a devoted Catholic and distrusted the Muslims.

While it is true that Gandalf and Sauron are the same race(essentially angels,) the term for "Wizard" is Istari. Maiar is their race, Istari was a sort of sub-species. None of the Maiar forget who they are, they're simply strange because they're otherworldly beings beyond the scope of Man to understand.

The guy with the rabbits was Radagast the Brown, the third of 5 wizards. Gandalf was NOT the most powerful Wizard, he was the wisest. When he died at the hands of the Balrog, he was sent back with the powers of Saruman(Who was the most powerful wizard, but whether or not he could match Sauron was never put to task)to finish his job.

swag

Reaction score
I don't know who taught you your LotR, but you've got quite a bit wrong. ALLOW ME.

The religious standpoint in LOTR doesn't stem from the elves being "Adam and Eve," but from the spread of Islam from the East into Europe(AKA, the Orcs and Mordor.) Tolkien was a devoted Catholic and distrusted the Muslims.

While it is true that Gandalf and Sauron are the same race(essentially angels,) the term for "Wizard" is Istari. Maiar is their race, Istari was a sort of sub-species. None of the Maiar forget who they are, they're simply strange because they're otherworldly beings beyond the scope of Man to understand.

The guy with the rabbits was Radagast the Brown, the third of 5 wizards. Gandalf was NOT the most powerful Wizard, he was the wisest. When he died at the hands of the Balrog, he was sent back with the powers of Saruman(Who was the most powerful wizard, but whether or not he could match Sauron was never put to task)to finish his job.
Don't you mean Peter Jackson? :dong:

Supreme Leader Snoke

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Beta starts this Friday! Please get in contact with me or Bip or Blasty over team speak if you want to participate in beta. We are actually going to start the server off a little different, Instead of Gondor for now, We are going to be doing Rohan and Isengard. Yes for now it will be Rohan vs Isengard and we have a map for it now! (plus a ton of models). Look forward to seeing you all on the server!

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
Beta starts this Friday! Please get in contact with me or Bip or Blasty over team speak if you want to participate in beta. We are actually going to start the server off a little different, Instead of Gondor for now, We are going to be doing Rohan and Isengard. Yes for now it will be Rohan vs Isengard and we have a map for it now! (plus a ton of models). Look forward to seeing you all on the server!

I haven't gotten on ts since the Pat incident, so....

Supreme Leader Snoke

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Beta Report Day 1:
-Fixed issue where players couldn't deal damage to npc's.
-Made Sure classes can switch in the ratio system
-Decorations at least 50% done.
-Orthanc Completed and a Forrest in the Rohan instance.

Known issues:
-Knives, Staffs, Maces, and clubs are showing as errors.

To do:
-Fix Spawns
-Decorate rest of server
-Add in the character description menu
-Create Guides and Tutorials
-Black Market Dealer system for Blacksmith sub class

Future:
Inventory system

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
Beta Report Day 1:
-Fixed issue where players couldn't deal damage to npc's.
-Made Sure classes can switch in the ratio system
-Decorations at least 50% done.
-Orthanc Completed and a Forrest in the Rohan instance.

Known issues:
-Knives, Staffs, Maces, and clubs are showing as errors.

To do:
-Fix Spawns
-Decorate rest of server
-Add in the character description menu
-Create Guides and Tutorials
-Black Market Dealer system for Blacksmith sub class

Future:
Inventory system

I helped with the npc dablage problem ;D