• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Leaving a game?

WarVet

Reaction score
I need to be careful with my time management, so my main issue is STARTING the game. I use gaming as an occasional reward after I have finished enough tasks and enough work. I usually only game late at night or in the wee hours of the morning because, well, work is never done, so it is something I do once the family is asleep and I feel like enjoying a different medium of pleasure and entertainment.

I think exactly like that! I'd value my family's company and my daily tasks a lot more than any game. I have however in the past played video games instead of doing my obligations. That is why I game only once or two hours a day nowadays.

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
Sometimes i don't give up playing games even if i am hungry. I can stop playing if there is something important and the only one who can do it is only me. That was in the past :tearsofjoy: But now i don't have any problem about this, I can back to play after finishing what i have to do.
Hey buddie, I am guessing you don't go hungry often. No?
You can handle being hungry for as long as you want. No?

Haha. Don't answer!
As for me, my brain attempts to hibernate multiple times per second when I am hungry. Like, I don't think I can cope with screens and gaming demands when hungry. Nada...

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Yikes. Surgery is the only long term way out of that, right? I'm on a similar boat since I got diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy a few months back. It's from sitting a lot and your nerves on your leg gets trapped and it impedes circulation. Had to take some meds for a few weeks before I could walk again (I was in a permanent sprained ankle) because of the blockage. Really need to think of yourself before playing tons of video games.

I think in some cases it can be cured with a brace and a severely restricted movement regimen. That's nice on paper but in the real world most of us cannot do things with our feet. For me the brace didn't work at all. The pain comes and goes. I get "time off" if I do my stretches regularly and if I remember to spend several hours a day with my arms loose at my sides. For a person like me, that is a nightmare. I was the kid who had to draw in class to pay attention. I can't not be doing something with my hands. Unfortunately that also makes my doctor frustrated with me!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think in some cases it can be cured with a brace and a severely restricted movement regimen. That's nice on paper but in the real world most of us cannot do things with our feet. For me the brace didn't work at all. The pain comes and goes. I get "time off" if I do my stretches regularly and if I remember to spend several hours a day with my arms loose at my sides. For a person like me, that is a nightmare. I was the kid who had to draw in class to pay attention. I can't not be doing something with my hands. Unfortunately that also makes my doctor frustrated with me!
Well for me the 2 weeks worth of meds really did the trick and I can walk fine now with no pain or other impaired usage. But it is a reminder for me to take a break and stretch once in a while, and to get a better fitting chair since the last one was uncomfortable and helped block the nerve to my foot. Still, it could have been worse though. Like when those gamers get heart attacks from sitting too much on the PC.

thart

Reaction score
Hey buddie, I am guessing you don't go hungry often. No?
You can handle being hungry for as long as you want. No?

Haha. Don't answer!
As for me, my brain attempts to hibernate multiple times per second when I am hungry. Like, I don't think I can cope with screens and gaming demands when hungry. Nada...
Hahah for me when i play a game that i really love, i don't focus in anything else except playing, and i always ignore my stomach lol
I can stay all day without eating.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I mostly ragequit haha, nah, just kidding... When I'm hungry or when my family comes around for visit I usually leave gaming for a while, although there are sometimes where I cannot leave it, for real.

Khalil A

Reaction score
I leave a game when I feel obliged too. Most of time on MOBAs I continue until the end of the game. Sometimes I just want to surrender when it is a problem of trolling and intentional feeding. I have left for 30 games in like 2000 games including games which are interrupted due to connexion issues.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I always try to play my games when I have time, but I still have to leave them sometimes. This usually happens if someone rings the bell, a relative calls, etc. so all of the reasons are sudden
Things that I had no idea about.
I don't start to play it I know I have something to do.

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
Hahah for me when i play a game that i really love, i don't focus in anything else except playing, and i always ignore my stomach lol
I can stay all day without eating.
Damn! Borrow me your stomach?
I'd crash too early if I run my tank empty for two hours. Dude, that's like driving a car with no fuel. I envy you big time!

DenisHero

Reaction score
Usually when my dad asks for help,or mom invite me to eat.
It happens to interrupt my gaming session if a friend is telling me to get outside to have a talk.
Even a phone call makes me leave the game(pause it).
So,to resume,when there is a real-life task that needs to be done.
Generally,I hate games that cannot be paused or resumed and they require me to stay a full-match.

sima061

Reaction score
It's not really that hard for me to leave a game to do some tasks. I'll eat, answer the phone or a message, talk to someone in the house... Honestly whatever requires my attention at the moment is enough to make me pause it and move over to what needs to be done. However if it's something I can't pause, or something really interesting at the moment, I just play until I CAN pause and then do it, but those are rare moments. I wouldn't miss out on something else just so I could keep playing at that exact moment. The game can wait, and it's better for it to wait than a person in my life or my own needs.

thart

Reaction score
Damn! Borrow me your stomach?
I'd crash too early if I run my tank empty for two hours. Dude, that's like driving a car with no fuel. I envy you big time!
Haha really, well let's exchange our stomach :tonguewink:
You should hear this haha, that time i didn't eat much for a long perioud, and can you imagine :tearsofjoy: i found that my weight increased:sunglasses:

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
Haha really, well let's exchange our stomach :tonguewink:
You should hear this haha, that time i didn't eat much for a long perioud, and can you imagine :tearsofjoy: i found that my weight increased:sunglasses:
LMAO! Now, how's that?
You must be kidding me. Speak of opposite reaction. Well, let's not derail the topic. Happy gaming buddie!

thart

Reaction score
well, i'm not kidding you haha happy gaming to you too buddy.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Depends for me. I guess when I am on a game, I don't want to be bothered. There are factors which can make me leave a current game that I am playing such as natural disaster near my vicinity, loss of power or internet connect, or some serious stuff going on inside our house such as kidnapping, robbery and such. But if it's just normal things such as a friend called, mother needs help, baby is crying yada yada yada, I'm glued to my sit.

QQjra1w.jpg

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, I think that the things that make me get away from my PC is that when I stay too long in front if my PC, I feel that my eyes are melting and I start dropping tears because it hurts, also when I am starving I use to leave my seat and go for a good meal and a drink.

Thammy

Reaction score
Yes! I'm sure leaving call of duty when I'm done..it's too addictive, been fighting its addiction since i started playing it. A game I'll never dare leave would be Soccer games! Never will i.

goldlady

Reaction score
Your question requires some thinking lol unless to me! Ahah It totally depends on the kind of game, which part of the game I am playing and if I am losing or about to win. But usually only if I NEED to go to the bathroom or an emergency would make me leave a game in the middle.