• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Last Game Played?

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Candy Crush was my total addiction for a while- I'd play it to kill time at first, and then it got to be my main game. It's hard to put it down when it's on your phone and with you pretty much everywhere. i finally got stuck so bad on a level that I haven't played in a couple months, but I still have the app on my phone... calling to me. I got to the point in the game where I didn't have to wait to unlock the next area, which was awesome, but didn't make it any less addictive! The best was when they'd let you watch ads for new lives; then you could play it basically forever.
Wow, nice story.
I'm addicted too I'm sure.
Which stage did you last played?

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
Wow, nice story.
I'm addicted too I'm sure.
Which stage did you last played?
It's a great game! It's easy to get addicted since most of the levels aren't hard enough that you get frustrated and give up. The last level I played was 1377, which is embarrassingly high to me. :sweatsmile: But now that you asked me and I had to open the game back up to look at my level, that number might start going up again...

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Good pick mate! If I were you I'd do the same thing. Euro Truck Simulator is just for you know, relaxing stuff. But if you are up for racing offroad gaming kind of fun you may want to check out "The Crew". I think they are from Origin or something.
lmao what do you think of the other simulator games? Farming Simulator? American Truck Simulator? Goat Simulator? It seems they'd simulate anything these days for a video game title. And the DLCs for these games are insane. Train Simulator I think has over a thousand dollars worth of DLCs, and I don't think anybody is sane enough to actually pay for all of that.

WarVet

Reaction score
lmao what do you think of the other simulator games? Farming Simulator? American Truck Simulator? Goat Simulator? It seems they'd simulate anything these days for a video game title. And the DLCs for these games are insane. Train Simulator I think has over a thousand dollars worth of DLCs, and I don't think anybody is sane enough to actually pay for all of that.

Since you like simulators are you familiar with the Tropico series? It's like a SimCity but with a political twist. You get to be the dictator of your own island, build things, issue edicts and all that. Very funny.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Since you like simulators are you familiar with the Tropico series? It's like a SimCity but with a political twist. You get to be the dictator of your own island, build things, issue edicts and all that. Very funny.
I took the Cities: Skylines route when I was picking a city building game. I currently have 80 hours clocked on it so I can't say I was not enjoying it. I heard of Tropico but playing a dictator really didn't suit well with me as much as just building a city for building's sake. In C:S you can build entire city districts on an ever expanding city, and all you gotta worry about is where the people would go in case of an earthquake, etc. No dictator roleplay and all that.

WarVet

Reaction score
I took the Cities: Skylines route when I was picking a city building game. I currently have 80 hours clocked on it so I can't say I was not enjoying it. I heard of Tropico but playing a dictator really didn't suit well with me as much as just building a city for building's sake. In C:S you can build entire city districts on an ever expanding city, and all you gotta worry about is where the people would go in case of an earthquake, etc. No dictator roleplay and all that.

Oh, you can do that in Tropico too. The dictator theme is not something serious like the name implies. It's actually quite funny how they portray a dictatorship from a funny perspective. Tropico is above all else a criticism to politicians and their lot who think they can rule everything. Not to mention a criticism aimed at ideologies. I highly recommend it even if dictators are not your thing.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Oh, you can do that in Tropico too. The dictator theme is not something serious like the name implies. It's actually quite funny how they portray a dictatorship from a funny perspective. Tropico is above all else a criticism to politicians and their lot who think they can rule everything. Not to mention a criticism aimed at ideologies. I highly recommend it even if dictators are not your thing.
lol I hear when you destroy the buildings the people on them get evicted and would scatter to find a place to stay. That sounds pretty messed up albeit hilarious in a sense. I just want to build city structures and layouts; I don't want that sort of "I'm in charge" mentality. I'm more of an architect rather than a totalitarian figure, so I picked C:S.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
It's a great game! It's easy to get addicted since most of the levels aren't hard enough that you get frustrated and give up. The last level I played was 1377, which is embarrassingly high to me. :sweatsmile: But now that you asked me and I had to open the game back up to look at my level, that number might start going up again...
Haha.
Your level number is very high. I haven't reached that stage.
But I used to have a roommate who played this game religiously for over a year. And I can bet he is past your level. Lol.
Please, not again!
Don't go to the game. Wait for me to reach your level then we start from there.

Last edited:

m33kuh

Reaction score
I have Tropico 4 on my steam and pc installed. Does it matter? I mean the series? Should I get those before my current one? I tried playing it for like a short time. It's very user-friendly. And yeah the dictator thing, seems like you are the mayor or governor. I forgot though.

WarVet

Reaction score
lol I hear when you destroy the buildings the people on them get evicted and would scatter to find a place to stay. That sounds pretty messed up albeit hilarious in a sense. I just want to build city structures and layouts; I don't want that sort of "I'm in charge" mentality. I'm more of an architect rather than a totalitarian figure, so I picked C:S.

Haha yeah, it happens. As the dictator of your country, you can naturally arrest and kill anyone you like. I see your point here it's just that I always found funny how the game criticizes politicians by putting YOU in the place of a politician. Sort of the old saying "If you want to test a man's character give him power"

WarVet

Reaction score
I have Tropico 4 on my steam and pc installed. Does it matter? I mean the series? Should I get those before my current one? I tried playing it for like a short time. It's very user-friendly. And yeah the dictator thing, seems like you are the mayor or governor. I forgot though.

Oh no, the titles are not related any means. The only thing in common is the game elements and the dictatorship theme. It basically puts you in control of a small island yes. You have the best version by the way. If I were you I'd definitely explore it a little more, get some DLCs maybe. Tropico 5 isn't bad but I liked the 4th installment a lot more.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Haha yeah, it happens. As the dictator of your country, you can naturally arrest and kill anyone you like. I see your point here it's just that I always found funny how the game criticizes politicians by putting YOU in the place of a politician. Sort of the old saying "If you want to test a man's character give him power"
I'm more interested in the building part. Although I don't know about Tropico, but Cities: Skylines have disasters that randomly happen in the city. I once had a 31,000 population city, and out of the lower half of my map (outside my control area) was a beach, and I didn't get any warning about a tsunami. The wave destroyed half the city and killed a lot of people. When the waves receded, I only had 15,000 people left. Half the city ruined, lots of dead people, damaged property all decreased my city's funds; yeah, I had to rage quit on that one.

WarVet

Reaction score
I'm more interested in the building part. Although I don't know about Tropico, but Cities: Skylines have disasters that randomly happen in the city. I once had a 31,000 population city, and out of the lower half of my map (outside my control area) was a beach, and I didn't get any warning about a tsunami. The wave destroyed half the city and killed a lot of people. When the waves receded, I only had 15,000 people left. Half the city ruined, lots of dead people, damaged property all decreased my city's funds; yeah, I had to rage quit on that one.

It happens all the time in Tropico as well. It happens so much that you can actually set the amount of disaster you want as low- med- high before you start a new game. In fact in Tropico natural disasters aren't the only thing you need to worry about but political disasters as well. If your people get so discontent with your government they might stage a coup and it's game over for you. So you have to deal with the city management issue and with the political issue as well.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Call of duty?
Is it a military adventure game?
Will check it out, it may be nice

Yeah, I think you can categorize Call of Duty as a military adventure game. Oh, and YES you must check it out! :sunglasses:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Haha.
One man's meat they say is another man's poison .
The way I play candy crush, when you are with me, you may get angry. Lol.
What's your latest game?

Hahahaha!! :smiley:

Well... Yesterday I revisited the world of Silent Hill (it's one of my favorite horror games :wink:).

JoeMilford

Reaction score
The last game I've played extensively was Skyrim Elder Scrolls 6. I know for many this may seem boring, but as a guy in his forties who grew up playing Dungeons and Dragons out of the box with the dice, etc., I really got sucked into this game after avoiding gaming for years due to my schedule. Skyrim was my "gateway drug" to gaming, so to speak, and now I am hooked!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It happens all the time in Tropico as well. It happens so much that you can actually set the amount of disaster you want as low- med- high before you start a new game. In fact in Tropico natural disasters aren't the only thing you need to worry about but political disasters as well. If your people get so discontent with your government they might stage a coup and it's game over for you. So you have to deal with the city management issue and with the political issue as well.
lmao that actually sounds fun. But you gotta suck really hard though for your citizens to hate your city building and management techniques. I also know Tropico since the company that made it created Celtic Kings which I really enjoyed as a kid. Oh well. Can't really buy a second city building game after I already clocked nearly 100 hours on the first one. Unless it's free though.

WarVet

Reaction score
lmao that actually sounds fun. But you gotta suck really hard though for your citizens to hate your city building and management techniques. I also know Tropico since the company that made it created Celtic Kings which I really enjoyed as a kid. Oh well. Can't really buy a second city building game after I already clocked nearly 100 hours on the first one. Unless it's free though.

Last I checked I wasn't unfortunately :( But there are always those mega sales on Steam and you might get a big discount. Also if you ever decide to buy it I recommend Tropico 4. It's the best of the series. Still, those citizens are some lousy customers. "Oh the government is building a new hospital? Damn gotta protest because it's not a church". hahaha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Last I checked I wasn't unfortunately :( But there are always those mega sales on Steam and you might get a big discount. Also if you ever decide to buy it I recommend Tropico 4. It's the best of the series. Still, those citizens are some lousy customers. "Oh the government is building a new hospital? Damn gotta protest because it's not a church". hahaha.
Hmm sounds realistic. In C:S if you build a sauna, people will be more willing to pay additional taxes. They never complain if I manage the city properly. They'll only "tweet" on their social media if the garbage collection isn't on time or there aren't enough trucks to go around the city. For people to actually complain about a hospital being built is hilarious. Alright, you sold me. I'll get it as soon as it goes on sale. Why Tropico 4 though? Why not 5?

WarVet

Reaction score
Hmm sounds realistic. In C:S if you build a sauna, people will be more willing to pay additional taxes. They never complain if I manage the city properly. They'll only "tweet" on their social media if the garbage collection isn't on time or there aren't enough trucks to go around the city. For people to actually complain about a hospital being built is hilarious. Alright, you sold me. I'll get it as soon as it goes on sale. Why Tropico 4 though? Why not 5?

Oh damn, gimme affiliate commission! haha, Just kidding. You'll enjoy it I'm sure. Tropico 5 is a good game. But what made me stay away from it is the "Era" advancement thing. You can advance your island from colonial times through independence, cold war and the present times. It's a great idea but what I don't like is that the edicts that you made in a previous era make everyone angry on the next one. While it adds realism to the game it's annoying to try and satisfy everyone. Also, i like Tropico 4 DLCs a lot.