• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Julian, and the spam of -

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
As much as I can agree I am going to ask you nicely to please refrain from spamming this particular user with these idiotic alerts there is a line between being a dick and actually rating a post.
This has already been dealt with. :)
He knows not to do it again.

Mazu

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
On the bright side you are in the top of the most negative rating people

SovietGravy

Reaction score
Someone should lock this thread(considering I can't) because people are just going to keep spewing stupid shit in here, and cause fights.

Mazu

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
Someone should lock this thread(considering I can't) because people are just going to keep spewing stupid shit in here, and cause fights.
Thread locked, situation dealt with.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
If you guys can't be mature enough to use the rating system appropriately, then your permission to use it will be revoked.
And also, that is in absolutely no way being "attacked". You're not harmed whatsoever by the message, and you're not harmed at all by what he's done.
Nobody is harmed no. However, rating spamming someones posts (Posts that are incredibly old might I add) is against the rules, and specifically going out of your way to go and do this to all of his posts IS attacking them on the forums.

The admins said that he was allowed to do it if he waits 30 seconds.
It is clearly the intent to spam. Might I remind everyone that rating spamming is also against the rules. Weather it be positive or negative ratings.

I would expect that all my forum staff would know that spamming someone is against the rules. Regardless if the target had just got back from a ban. I also encourage anyone who is being spammed with ratings to make contact with me or another admin. It is not tolerated. I did not install this feature on the forums for people to abuse it!!

The rating system is used to share ratings on posts,
Yes, but it is not there to abuse it!

He was banned for a day for continuing this petty shit, he is continuing right after his ban expires, you want to be ban me for being well within the rules instead of him for starting shit multiple times?
1) You are not well within the rules to spam. Weather it be posts, threads, ratings, pm's, etc.
2) what petty shit is he doing here? Reporting you for breaking the rules?

@Julian's ratings have been reset for the past couple days. His ability to rate any posts are now disabled. And a warning has been issued by another member of the staff team. If anyone has an issue with this, please feel free to contact any of the admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.