• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is Destiny worth getting?

Michael

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the series but is worth the buy. I got the free beta version on my Xbox and never really been disappointed. The gameplay is nice and it doesn't really give you God armor or have some crappy leveling system.

Jack

Founding Member
Reaction score
I kinda thought it's died out? I've never actually played it or watched any videos for it. Them type of games don't really interest me that much.

izacuson

Reaction score
I'd say Destiny is worth getting, to be honest. Yes, it does has some similarities to the Halo series project, But if you are an MMO fan like myself, you would possibly enjoy the game because it's consistency with It's content from the updates and the competitiveness in the PVP servers.

Miles Lucas

Reaction score
I played the beta before it came out, and there wasn't much after you beat it besides getting a gold bike or something in that nature.

After the game fully released I was really hyped and beat it really quickly. After that there really wasn't much you could do without paying for a dlc or season pass.

So, unless you're willing to fork out 60 extra dollars after you beat the main quest then just keep your money and go buy a better game like GTA.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I've never played the game, didn't seem like a game I'd like to play but I'm definitely going to give the new one a shot on PC!

Deen

Reaction score
No not unless you have 5 other people willing to play it with you. Most of the stuff in the game like the raids or nightfall strikes require having a premade group. The game has no matchmaking tools for these modes and no ingame tools to help you make a group for this stuff making the game really hard to play.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I personally think it's a very good game and that you should get it. I've been playing almost every day.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It was a steaming pile of mess and lost promises, so most people have resorted to either skipping this game or refunding the game after a few hours. If that doesn't say much about the game, I don't know what is. You can try it if you have the money or the time, but I believe in the majority opinion of gamers, and the verdict is that this game is not worth the price or time you put into it. I'll look somewhere else if I were you.

Sino989

Reaction score
Well Destiny has been out for a while now because I am making this 2017 andd Destiny 2 is on the way and it looks like a very good game, a lot better than the first so I would suggest playing the first one before buying the second.

valy

Reaction score
I would think better Globulon, you heard it wright about the repetitiveness and bugs, I know this because one of my friends bought this game. I wanted to buy it but i gave up, this game is short, and have bugs,it's not worth buying, HALO was the best. I advise all to invest in another game, anything you want, I will not give any name to not influence you at all!

WarVet

Reaction score
I was able to get in on the beta to Destiny before it came out last month, but I have yet to play the actual game. I've been hearing a lot of good and bad about the game, so reactions seem to be mixed. I was wondering if the game is worth getting or not? I like FPSs in an open world like Destiny is and from what I played in the beta I had an enjoyable time, but how is the replay-ability factor? I worry that I will waste money on a game that I might not play for too long.

Any info would rock!
Based on this info yes I would buy it if I were you. I like a good open world game myself and have only good things to say about it. The freedom of exploration and resources gathering appeals to me. I wouldn't recommend you buying if you said you don't like vague games and prefer predefined quests but that is just my opinion.

Zyni

Reaction score
No not unless you have 5 other people willing to play it with you. Most of the stuff in the game like the raids or nightfall strikes require having a premade group. The game has no matchmaking tools for these modes and no ingame tools to help you make a group for this stuff making the game really hard to play.

Some people like the idea of building groups from scratch. That's the old school way, before all these matchmaking tools became available. It's a good way to make friends in a game, if you don't have a ready made crew to play with. You find out who is good, who isn't, who is fun to play with, and you ask them to play again and again. You can build friendships that way that last for years. With matchmaking, you may never see the other people again.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I still think Destiny is worth it in 2017, years after the release. It's incredibly fun to play with a group of friends, there are a lot of mission where you need a team to finish them. You could get some enjoyment out of the game on your own as well.

Alex

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many hours of Destiny I have played, but it was well worth the time. The game is super fun with friends and there are so many things to do. Especially now, with the max light level increasing there are so many more opportunities. The only part of Destiny I did not enjoy was when I reached a very high level because I could only do raids to level up. That should be changed now though and there is also PVP which can be fun too.

Eli Maximilien

Reaction score
Destiny is not worth getting... Destiny 2 is worth getting! If you didn't get to enjoy the first one, now is the chance to redeem yourself by purchasing the newest one when it's available. The sequel is projected to sell millions and this series is nowhere near its apex.

If you enjoy first person shooters like COD or Halo, why not enjoy the best of both worlds? There's lots to explore in the world of Destiny. It offers the kind of adventure that's bound to satisfy your imagination.

So what are you waiting for?