• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Iphone 5

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Well I saw some pictures and read about the new iphone 5 at apple.com and I have to say it was a let down, it look just like the phone 4 but a little bit faster, I don't know why someone would buy the iphone 5 for $200 when they can get the iphone 4 for as low as $100 but what I did like from apple was their new ear buds.

Read about the new iphone - http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Read about the new head buds (go to the bottom of the page - http://www.apple.com/iphone/design

Scion

Reaction score
It's more than that Tox, but I'm kinda an Apple freak so I always have to argue the point

Zahreah

Reaction score
They mean that that's the price of getting the phone on contract.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Voi said:
They mean that that's the price of getting the phone on contract.

Yeah, no one in their right mind would buy a phone without a contract and pay over $500

Scion

Reaction score
I would but....oh...yeah...I'm not really in my right mind am I

mg2prime

Reaction score
I didn't even get the Iphone 1 , I doubt Imma get this version. I just need something to communicate with.

Rhys

Reaction score
They make too many... iPhone 4 was good enough.

MarisAnder

Reaction score
If you are planning on buying a smart phone .. may be you should wait and get yourself an iphone 5 .. here are some pictures that were leaked recently through a Japanese website called ilab factory:

The back of iphone 5 will be Aluminum casing: apple iphone 5 cases

Zahreah

Reaction score
MarisAnder said:
If you are planning on buying a smart phone .. may be you should wait and get yourself an iphone 5 .. here are some pictures that were leaked recently through a Japanese website called ilab factory:

The back of iphone 5 will be Aluminum casing: apple iphone 5 cases
The phone has been announced. We know what it looks like :D just go to apple.com

Stealth

Reaction score
The camera on it is twice as good your expensive nikons, ect. I'll let you know because I already preordered mine.

Scion

Reaction score
yeah my dad's getting one and in the US we don't get ours until this friday

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Scion said:
yeah my dad's getting one and in the US we don't get ours until this friday

Did he pre-order it ?

Scion

Reaction score
no he's planning on i think he's planning on getting it in store but he might wait till january when his contract is up my brother pre ordered the new iPod touch though those take anywhere from 2-6 weeks for delivery now because they are in such high demand

hissae2

Reaction score
Slightly faster and a slightly bigger screen and the price tag is $100 higher. Doesn't sound worth the upgrade to me, I don't understand why people just have to have the latest when there's really no noticeable differences at all. I certainly won't be getting it any time soon.

ModdedGamers

Reaction score
Get this instead! ;)
iPhone-10.jpeg

HushimoHD

Reaction score
I'm getting the general sense that Apple are trying to hard to bring out new products. Personally, I have no time for any Apple Products. I think they're way too overpriced for what they are, when you can get other products that have roughly the same spec at a fraction of the price.

As for the iPhone. I couldn't care less. As long as I can make calls and send texts, I'm quite happy with my Nokia that I've had for 10 years now! I don't need all this Instagram and Face Time rubbish.

And another thing with Apple is durability. My Nokia has been dropped out of a freakin' window. But if you were to drop an iPhone (from even a few centimeters), BAM. Screen breaks and that's more expense.

Personally, I'd hate to spend all that money on an iPhone only to be on edge if I were to drop or break it. If I were to break my Nokia (unlikely as it is as my one seems to be pretty indestructible) I could probably go into the store and pick up another one for about £10!

MarisAnder

Reaction score
The screen is half an inch bigger than all previous iPhones to date and has a resolution of 640 x 1136 and a Retina pixel density of 326 per inch - there's 44 percent more colour saturation than the iPhone 4S, too.
Using in-cell technology means that Apple has been able to integrate the display and touch sensitive panel into one piece, making this the thinnest iPhone ever. apple iphone 4 hard case

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
MarisAnder said:
The screen is half an inch bigger than all previous iPhones to date and has a resolution of 640 x 1136 and a Retina pixel density of 326 per inch - there's 44 percent more colour saturation than the iPhone 4S, too.
Using in-cell technology means that Apple has been able to integrate the display and touch sensitive panel into one piece, making this the thinnest iPhone ever. apple iphone 4 hard case

It felt the new iphone and it also happened to be very light.