• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

I want to buy a pc

Do you like to play on a computer?

• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
First of all, you should consider you economical condition so you would not be disappointed with the rates of PC of your own choice. Second thing is to check the requirement within your price range.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Lmao were you trying to make a haiku or something? What's with that alignment of text? Anyway, you gotta do your research. Best bet is to find a good graphics card and build around it. Having a good GPU while the rest of the CPU being terrible would limit your GPUs potential, and the same goes the other way around. It's all about research dude, and how you can make the most out of your budget.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Lmao were you trying to make a haiku or something? What's with that alignment of text? Anyway, you gotta do your research. Best bet is to find a good graphics card and build around it. Having a good GPU while the rest of the CPU being terrible would limit your GPUs potential, and the same goes the other way around. It's all about research dude, and how you can make the most out of your budget.
This is true as you need to know your budget and start from your GPU if the PC used is mainly for gaming. I would suggest going to build the PC by choosing your parts if you are familiar with it. Even if you are new, there's plenty of sites for a newcomer to PC building. Prepare to spend a lot of time for research.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
This is true as you need to know your budget and start from your GPU if the PC used is mainly for gaming. I would suggest going to build the PC by choosing your parts if you are familiar with it. Even if you are new, there's plenty of sites for a newcomer to PC building. Prepare to spend a lot of time for research.
Yeah, kinda why I hate picking when trying to upgrade. Lots of compatibility issues. The motherboard controls all. When you start out with a low MoBo, you'll have to eventually upgrade it if you want to get the newer hardware. That also means changing the MoBo would leave all your other hardware incompatible, meaning you have to change them as well. They should just make it a universal thing. Just buy what you want and plug it in. But we're not in a perfect world I guess.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yeah, kinda why I hate picking when trying to upgrade. Lots of compatibility issues. The motherboard controls all. When you start out with a low MoBo, you'll have to eventually upgrade it if you want to get the newer hardware. That also means changing the MoBo would leave all your other hardware incompatible, meaning you have to change them as well. They should just make it a universal thing. Just buy what you want and plug it in. But we're not in a perfect world I guess.
Yeah, I think I am going to upgrade only when the PC performs poorly. I am too lazy to do research on the parts for now. Certain games do not need high specs. Following the tech changes is a chore for me.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I am going to upgrade only when the PC performs poorly. I am too lazy to do research on the parts for now. Certain games do not need high specs. Following the tech changes is a chore for me.
I'm not at that spot yet, since most of the games I bought during the sale were from 2 years ago or older. My 1060 can handle them just fine even with my processor slowing everything down. If I will get a new game I'll have to think about upgrading, but since I have no interest in any new games that will be released this year, I don't think I'm in a rush. Unless they release Witcher 4 or Elder Scrolls 6, then I'm good.

WarVet

Reaction score

For me to buddy. Never been one of those computer freaks. If it works don't fix it it has always been my motto. When I bought my PC a couple years ago it used to be a real cannon. Could run most games on high settings. Now a couple years later its performance decreased considerably as expected. Not a big problem because gaming has not been my number one priority also. So as long as the old guy is still going steady I don't plan on fixing or upgrading it either.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Sorry for the news, but i advise you get a new one in whole and not piece by piece to avoid using the wrong accessories for a different system. look out for a Toshiba product, they are real performers and a good spend for your money.

Deathisue

Reaction score
That depends a lot of how much money you can spend in a new one, if you a have a good budget you wont have to worry about its going to be a good pc or not, the firts is the graphic card and from there you can buy the other parts who fit in your pocket, of course you will need the minimun specs for now, 8 gb of ram and a quad core processor from there you can start if you are short of money.

streettallest

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss . Depending on what you want to get the PC for, You can go for a custom PC. I never knew about this but a store attendant explained the word to me. My RAM was upgraded aswell as the graphics card. IT should cost higher though. But its better

Laibrown

Reaction score
The purpose you need the system for will determine the specs you will look out for and the kind of pc you will go for eventually. If you are looking for gaming pc then you will need system that has good vram, and the processor should be great. And like wise a system that hardly hear. I can remember of computer geek friend advised me to go for amd processor. But first you need to determine what you need the pc for.

mcbryan

Reaction score
Well as a PC owner, I suggest that you should buy a package. There are lots of computer shop who offered affordable computer set depending on the specs you want. If you buy it piece by piece you're gonna hire a person who will assemble it unless you know well how to assemble computer parts. Remember mother board is sensitive so if you damage or hit a small part it's gonna be useless. The best thing about buying a package deal is less hassle, it's like "plug and plays" but it still up to you pal.