• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

I want to buy a pc

Do you like to play on a computer?

• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

luispas

Reaction score
The thing is that my computer died and I need to replace it. I need to find a way to buy a new one that won't be very expensive. I don't know if it's better to buy it peace by peace or buy a complete new one.
Other thing, I don't know what would be the best option to buy.
If you have any suggestions it would help me a lot.
I really miss my old pc :(

Gladdy

Reaction score
Aw, I am sad to hear that it broke down. I had few occasions when mine did that and it was the most annoying thing in the world. You are all excited, turn it on and nothing happens, bummer.

I'd love to help you more but you should tell us what sort of budget you are working with. Some components can be from different price range depending on their quality so it's an important information. Assembling the computer yourself is definitely the cheaper way because the parts cost less and you can actually put inside those that fit your needs. Branded computer aren't bad though but they can be a bit more expensive if you want a high-end computer (specs wise).

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I would recommend getting a new computer, possibly even getting a custom built one, currently I'm saving for my custom built PC, which is almost the same as my friends, it takes him literally 10 seconds to open games aswell as a minute to load into a server, he recently got this computer aswell.

Referal

Reaction score
I would suggest getting a either Dell or Acer these are good computer products. Or get a custom built one as Gray suggested.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
possibly even getting a custom built one
Agreed. As @Gladdy mentioned, building a computer is the cheaper route. This way you get more bang for your buck kinda thing. Only thing is, you will need to know how to set it up and install everything. Which isn't too hard either. However, if you aren't a techy it may be best to buy a pre-made setup.

You can get some decent setups for a good price.
May I ask what your price range would be?

overcast

Reaction score
Start with the budget first. It'd be harder to suggest you anything unless we know the budget. If you are on low budget then start with min 15 inch screen, 8Gb RAM and 2GB graphics card. You can have low budget 250GB SSD. And that configuration alone can let you play most of the games. But not the most mainstream. So budget part we need to take a look at before suggesting.

luispas

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. And I think the best is to built one on my own, for that I started saving money, little by little I'm on my way.
I don't want a gaming computer, I just want something fast, that it never overheat. Just with that I'll be happy.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. And I think the best is to built one on my own, for that I started saving money, little by little I'm on my way.
I don't want a gaming computer, I just want something fast, that it never overheat. Just with that I'll be happy.

It's pretty easy to make a good computer and just put a cheap graphics card in it. It'll run lots of games just fine and even make some programs work more efficiently since stress is put on a different part of your computer.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Hey luispas, sorry to hear your computer quit on you. As you've probably gathered from other people in this thread, it'd be easiest on your wallet to build your own PC. Designing your PC online and having a company like iBuypower assemble it for you can be a easier route, but you'll end up paying for labor, which adds to the cost of the build.

If you're comfortable with assembling your own rig, but aren't sure what to get, check out PCpartpicker. You can assemble your rig virtually there and their site will walk you through the steps of choosing all the necessary components of your PC. It's great because their software ensures that there are no compatibility issues between your choices, so you're sure to get equipment that works together. All prices are pulled from various retailers (Amazon, Newegg, B&H, Tigerdirect, etc.) so the estimated price of your build is incredibly accurate after you assemble it online.

Wish I could be of more help, and I hope your issue is resolved soon. Good luck!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, however if you're going to buy a cheap PC, I suggest you get a custom build if you know the specs that you'll be using and what type of computer you what. But if you don't wanna be bothered by all of that, you can get a package which might end up in the same price, but most of them won't perform better than a custom built PC, if you know what you're going to build that is.

MLF

Reaction score
Start with the budget first. It'd be harder to suggest you anything unless we know the budget. If you are on low budget then start with min 15 inch screen, 8Gb RAM and 2GB graphics card. You can have low budget 250GB SSD. And that configuration alone can let you play most of the games. But not the most mainstream. So budget part we need to take a look at before suggesting.
This. If this is going to be a gaming PC, the first thing that needs to be addressed is the budget because there is a giant different between an entry-level video card that support games 'just okay' compared to running 2-3 GPUs that let you max the settings out on huge displays. Heck, when I built my last machine (not even a gaming PC) there was a $400 swing in price on the RAM I was evaluating -- ended up with 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM.

hermessantos

Reaction score
Sell the good parts of your old computer. I always do this when I want to change computers and this helps me to guarantee more than half the value of the new computer.
Some time ago my notebook had a problem. I simply bought a new one using my credit card and while the invoice did not arrive, I simply sold the old laptop's pieces and collected some good money.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Well for starters, if you have the time I would recommend learning how to put together the hardware and building a computer yourself. It really isn't that complicated, kind of like just putting together adult Lego's. It's pretty hard to mess things up, and the most difficult thing is probably just making sure all your cables are connected. Not only is it a fun experience, but you're going to save a lot of money as well. Buying your own parts and putting the PC together is always going to be cheaper than buying a pre-built rig.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I would recommend getting a new computer, possibly even getting a custom built one, currently I'm saving for my custom built PC, which is almost the same as my friends, it takes him literally 10 seconds to open games aswell as a minute to load into a server, he recently got this computer aswell.

Custom PC, no doubt. Lots of stores tend to put random things together and it may cost you more. With custom PC you can aim at certain price range, decide if you want more GPU or CPU power, save a bit on CPU, add it to GPU instead. If you can get an SSD, that would be great. Even if you are just plan to get a small sized one for windows and apps it will still do wonders.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I have been using my current PC for more than 5 years and and it is a custom build one. My cousin helped me to set it up. However it was not an easy task to find certain pieces needed to build the PC. Some we had to order and wait for them. But overall it was a good experience. The best thing is that I have been using this PC for a very long time and didn't really have any issues. I forgot to mention that I made some savings too. I hope that you manage to get a new PC soon.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Wow... How i missed building my own set... The last time i had built my custom PC set, it was early 2000... When everything is simple... Now, i think I'll go crazy with all of the choices that is available in the market... When I'm customizing, I'd like to check other gamer's hardware and look for what is available and affordable for me. Its less of a hassle for me

NotCasual

Reaction score
Well, what's your budget? Your PC will be built around your graphics card, which you should choose based on what your monitor's resolution is.

You most likely have a 1080p monitor, in which case you should get a GTX 1060. It can run most games on ultra settings and 60fps which is perfect. The case, storage, (8GB) RAM and power supply are going to cost you about 200$, 250$ if you opt to go for an SSD which is a very fast storage device and will make your PC feel fast more than anything else.

With the money that you have left you're going to pick your CPU. If you have about 150$ left you should go with Ryzen 5. Anything less, get the Pentium G4560. Contrary to popular belief, it will not cause any problems due to being a dual core. It's effectively a dual core i7 with hyperthreading and will run most games at 60fps and all games above 30fps.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Well, what's your budget? Your PC will be built around your graphics card, which you should choose based on what your monitor's resolution is.

You most likely have a 1080p monitor, in which case you should get a GTX 1060. It can run most games on ultra settings and 60fps which is perfect. The case, storage, (8GB) RAM and power supply are going to cost you about 200$, 250$ if you opt to go for an SSD which is a very fast storage device and will make your PC feel fast more than anything else.

With the money that you have left you're going to pick your CPU. If you have about 150$ left you should go with Ryzen 5. Anything less, get the Pentium G4560. Contrary to popular belief, it will not cause any problems due to being a dual core. It's effectively a dual core i7 with hyperthreading and will run most games at 60fps and all games above 30fps.

Depending on the things someone might be doing, I would even say more than 8 GB of RAM in certain cases. If you are into rendering stuff and what not, certain software likes to eat some yummy RAM.