• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

I also need to know why CoD is always underrated.. 1reason?

Sino989

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that Call of Duty is underrated? It's one of the most popular first person shooters out. I think what you might mean is why people don't play it as much anymore and that's because the most recent Call of Dutys have not been such great ones.

jelleh

Reaction score
I also don't think it's underrated. However, I do feel like there is a lot of criticism. The reason for that? Probably because it's not even slightly realistic, I mean, double jumping/wall running? Come on. And the second reason is probably the baadd servers, I used to be searching for a game for over 2 minutes (and no, it wasn't my internet connection. I had an ethernet cable with about 120MB/s) So no, it's not underrated, there's just a lot of fair criticism.

Empire

Reaction score
Why do you think it's underrated. It's one of those very good first person shooting games and they made allot of money of the amount of people that got the game.

However, I do feel like there is a lot of criticism. The reason for that? Probably because it's not even slightly realistic,
It's an game, all games are not realistic. Shame that some crazy people think it is and do it in real life of what the game did to them.

jelleh

Reaction score
It's an game, all games are not realistic. Shame that some crazy people think it is and do it in real life of what the game did to them.

I agree, not all games should be realistic, but I was just trying to find a reason why there is so much criticism, and a very non-realistic game could draw a lot of negativity. And indeed, some people shoot people in real life, but there is no evidence that games cause that. That's just what the media says in the hope of making a story and getting views.

MLF

Reaction score

The difference is COD started out in the military shooter space as being one of the more realistic titles for consoles. In doing that, along with the development progress into COD4, for example, it build a large, dedicated fan base that it pretty much alienated when it dropped Advanced Warfare because it turned the franchise into Halo-lite.

Back to the OP's question, COD has never been underrated. I'd say come titles in the series have been underrated to the fan base... for example, World at War was highly underrated because it followed up COD4: Modern Warfare, which many believe was the greatest title in the franchise history. Overall though, especially after Infinity Ward broke up and the player base was ginormous, it was pretty overrated based on the quality of some of the later titles.

Empire

Reaction score
That's just what the media says in the hope of making a story and getting views.
They always tell the opposite way to what really happened. The media lies allot over the years.. some story is real or made up.

tinkerlove

Reaction score
Call Of Duty is surely NOT underrated in my opinion... It is one of the most popular games in the world right now if you ask me.

Westbay

Reaction score
One of the major reasons why they underrate COD is because they have never experienced it and they only say it because they play just FIFA and judge other games from far another thing is the aspect of first person shooter unlike other games like GTA you can choose the camera view yourself most of my friends do not like COD because because of the first person shooter so even when they see me play it they just walk away.