• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How to overcome gaming addiction?

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Yeah... Thanks a lot. But as soon as my toddler will start with a proper school I will be able to spare a lot of time for my games. It is just a question of one more year.

Yeah, just one year left for you... It will be very fast. :pepe: Do you play a favorite type of game or do you play all kinds of games? :sweatsmile:

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Yeah, just one year left for you... It will be very fast. :pepe: Do you play a favorite type of game or do you play all kinds of games? :sweatsmile:
Strategy games are my all time favorite. Though I love to try my hands on most of the gaming genres I'm in a constant quest for good strategy games.

amine erraji

Reaction score
in my opinion you just need to not see gaming as an addiction, sometimes when your gaming ask yourself am i having fun? and answer that with 100% honesty if you the answer is no then close the game even if it's multiplayer don't let it control you, the one in control is you not the game, if the answer is yes just have fun it's good for the muscle brain anythimg positive is good always even if someone else thinks that's bad or negative, what i do is take a break from the whole pc not using it at all, when i comeback the gaming is always fun.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
There's no particular secret to overcoming addiction of any type. Stop doing the thing you shouldn't be doing. As a former smoker I know how easy it is to say that, and how monstrously hard it can be to actually do it. But that doesn't change anything. Put away the damaging behavior and replace it with healthy behaviors. Over the course of several months your brain will literally rewire itself and one day you'll wake up and realize it's not hard anymore. The struggle to avoid your addictive behavior will have passed and you will be free. If there's any trick it's that when you feel vulnerable and desperate to give in to a craving, tell yourself "this is temporary. This pain will not last". If you stick to your guns you will get through.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
in my opinion you just need to not see gaming as an addiction, sometimes when your gaming ask yourself am i having fun? and answer that with 100% honesty if you the answer is no then close the game even if it's multiplayer don't let it control you, the one in control is you not the game, if the answer is yes just have fun it's good for the muscle brain anythimg positive is good always even if someone else thinks that's bad or negative, what i do is take a break from the whole pc not using it at all, when i comeback the gaming is always fun.
This is really awesome. There is nothing more true and accurate than selfless introspection. No matter what, it is the internal satisfaction that is the most important. If our prolonged gaming time is leading us towards a heavy and guilty conscience then it is really the time to leave the screen for a while. I respect and adore your outlook.

Chris Holman

Reaction score
Now my responsibilities have come in the way of my gaming addiction. Even if I want I cannot spare a lot of time for games. As I entered the phase of motherhood many things were left behind including my all time favorite gaming.

Yes I totally agree, growing up creates new habits, and with those habits we need to make wise choices to ensure a successful future. Yeah I'm not saying that it's a bad idea to play video games every now and then, yet a good saying as too much good stuff is bad stuff haha! Thanks for commenting to my post!

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Strategy games are my all time favorite. Though I love to try my hands on most of the gaming genres I'm in a constant quest for good strategy games.

Strategy games are on my list of favorite game types. I love it when a game can challenge my mind to a more complicated level :wink:

amine erraji

Reaction score
This is really awesome. There is nothing more true and accurate than selfless introspection. No matter what, it is the internal satisfaction that is the most important. If our prolonged gaming time is leading us towards a heavy and guilty conscience then it is really the time to leave the screen for a while. I respect and adore your outlook.

life is really simple some people make hard on them selfs thinking inside the box, if you can be self sufficient there is nothing can control you even money i would say, am looking for someone to talk to me in general life cause it's very intersting what can come out of it.