• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How possessive are you for your games?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
There are some people who are very possessive about their gaming consoles and their games whereas there are others who believe in sharing.

Personally I feel that sharing and exchanging gaming games stuff adds to the level of enjoyment associated with gaming. But one thing for that is important is that I do this practice of lending and borrowing with only those people who I feel are sensible enough to take care of my stuff just as they would do for theirs.

There are some strata of people who do not like to share even a bit. They even dislike anyone playing the game with them at their house as well. Such people are so over possessive about their stuff and are not at all acceptable by me.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I'm not possessive, and I do love sharing games and consoles with my friends. The last time I went on holiday for two weeks, and one of my friends took my PS3 console to play at his home. Even I used one of my other friends XBOX ONE console. The gaming community is all about introducing to new games, sharing experiences and playing it together.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Well currently I don't really have much stuff to share to begin with. I left all of my consoles and physical games in storage back in the states after I moved. Everything else is on Steam and ain't no way I'm sharing my Steam account. That is a sacred thing which is not so easily shared, ha.

But in any case, I wouldn't mind sharing physical games as long as I know it's going to someone who is going to respect my property. I put a lot of care into keeping my stuff in good condition so as long as I know the other person feels the same, I wouldn't mind lending someone a couple of games.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that I'm possessive (but I think my friends disagree with me :tearsofjoy:), but I'm extremely jealous and careful of my things. If I ever lend you anything, feel flattered because I definitely don't usually do this easily. :wink:

Penauthor

Reaction score
I like my own space and as such, it's easy to be seen as possessive but I don't think that's the case. When my friends are around, I allow them haven a feel for although not too long to begin to have a sense of entitlement.
Unlike many who don't enjoy playing games by themselves, I'm as cool when alone gaming as when I'm with others. I can be by myself and enjoy the company.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Well, to begin, I don't lend out games nor the consoles they belong too. I keep my machines and physical gaming copies in excellent condition. Unfortunately, people don't take care of their own stuff, let alone other peoples valuables. Because of this, I only trade and sell my gaming titles and accessories to the console itself.

Regarding your question, no, I'm not possessive for games (or anything in general). Though I do have certain items I claim for myself solely (like anyone should) that I want to keep in a particular condition. Because of that, not everyone has access to these items. It's not being possessive or selfish, we're just all entitled to our own possessions, to be honest.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I like my own space and as such, it's easy to be seen as possessive but I don't think that's the case. When my friends are around, I allow them haven a feel for although not too long to begin to have a sense of entitlement.
Unlike many who don't enjoy playing games by themselves, I'm as cool when alone gaming as when I'm with others. I can be by myself and enjoy the company.

I love it when my friends come to visit me, and I also love their company... But I always pay attention when they use my things. Am I possessive and still have not realized it? Oh, my... :sob:

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I love it when my friends come to visit me, and I also love their company... But I always pay attention when they use my things. Am I possessive and still have not realized it? Oh, my... :sob:

No, you're not possessive! You're just conscious of the state of your things. No one likes having your friends over and they just run through your things. Disorganizing your collections and possibly damaging items.

Don't get me wrong, I love having friends over! But no one can just come over and run through my things.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
No, you're not possessive! You're just conscious of the state of your things. No one likes having your friends over and they just run through your things. Disorganizing your collections and possibly damaging items.

Don't get me wrong, I love having friends over! But no one can just come over and run through my things.

Thanks. :smiley: It's great to know that there are people who think just like me, because "selfish" and "possessive" , unfortunately, are adjectives easily associated with us :unamused:, that are always very careful about our things.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Thanks. :smiley: It's great to know that there are people who think just like me, because "selfish" and "possessive" , unfortunately, are adjectives easily associated with us :unamused:, that are always very careful about our things.

No problem :sunglasses: I guess if people weren't as careless and took pride in their own personal possessions more. I wouldn't be as sensitive.

I've also been burned a couple times too. Lending or borrowing out gaming items to my friends, only for them to be returned in a different condition. Or letting friends come over without supervising them, thinking they'll respect my equipment the same way I do. Only to be proven wrong :worried::sweat:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
No problem :sunglasses: I guess if people weren't as careless and took pride in their own personal possessions more. I wouldn't be as sensitive.

I've also been burned a couple times too. Lending or borrowing out gaming items to my friends, only for them to be returned in a different condition. Or letting friends come over without supervising them, thinking they'll respect my equipment the same way I do. Only to be proven wrong :worried::sweat:

We will keep our line of thought because I think they are the most appropriate :smiley:... And besides, what would be the world if we were all the same, right? :smirk:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Meh, I don't like sharing personally. It's my property, it's my loss when it gets damaged by careless borrowers. If they want to play the game, I'd suggest they buy their own. Trades are also an option but with the wrong crowd they won't even honor that type of arrangement.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Meh, I don't like sharing personally. It's my property, it's my loss when it gets damaged by careless borrowers. If they want to play the game, I'd suggest they buy their own. Trades are also an option but with the wrong crowd they won't even honor that type of arrangement.

That's what I'm talking about... :tongueclosed:. People need to understand that once and for all. C'mon! :unamused:

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I'm not possessive, and I do love sharing games and consoles with my friends. The last time I went on holiday for two weeks, and one of my friends took my PS3 console to play at his home. Even I used one of my other friends XBOX ONE console. The gaming community is all about introducing to new games, sharing experiences and playing it together.
I loved to read the last line of your post. Yes, gaming and the so called gaming community is all about introducing new games to others, sharing it with others and availing the fun of playing together.

I love to share games as well as consoles. There is no doubt that this increases the fun of gaming manifolds.

Maxthewriter

Reaction score
Very possessive! I don't share. I don't lend. I don't give. I turn everyone and anyone who requests for my game set down. And I don't care how that makes me seem or how they feel afterwards!

Lol.

Naah. What's the fun in being possessive of your game? I mean, I would get utterly bored if I don't play with friends and acquaintances from time to time. How does one enjoy a game he alone plays?

The only time you would savour playing your game alone instead of playing it with others is probably when you purchased the game anew. After a while, you get tired of playing alone.

However, I play my game with friends and aquaintances, but only lend it out to friends.

valy

Reaction score
I'm not possessive with anything, in fact, I like to share games with my friends. We are good friends, and I give them...they give me back and so on. Why would I keep a game only for myself? It is better to share and play games with friends all the time, playing alone is boring!
Besides, whats a friend for?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Well currently I don't really have much stuff to share to begin with. I left all of my consoles and physical games in storage back in the states after I moved. Everything else is on Steam and ain't no way I'm sharing my Steam account. That is a sacred thing which is not so easily shared, ha.

But in any case, I wouldn't mind sharing physical games as long as I know it's going to someone who is going to respect my property. I put a lot of care into keeping my stuff in good condition so as long as I know the other person feels the same, I wouldn't mind lending someone a couple of games.
I can very well relate to you in this aspect. My doors are open for lending my games as well as my console but to only those who respect me and my stuff
Very possessive! I don't share. I don't lend. I don't give. I turn everyone and anyone who requests for my game set down. And I don't care how that makes me seem or how they feel afterwards!

Lol.

Naah. What's the fun in being possessive of your game? I mean, I would get utterly bored if I don't play with friends and acquaintances from time to time. How does one enjoy a game he alone plays?

The only time you would savour playing your game alone instead of playing it with others is probably when you purchased the game anew. After a while, you get tired of playing alone.

However, I play my game with friends and aquaintances, but only lend it out to friends.
That was a good one. At first I thought that you are actually very possessive of your stuff. But I'm happy that you are also a person who believes in sharing and multiplying the fun.

Anyways it was a nice way of replying. Lol

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I loved to read the last line of your post. Yes, gaming and the so called gaming community is all about introducing new games to others, sharing it with others and availing the fun of playing together.

I love to share games as well as consoles. There is no doubt that this increases the fun of gaming manifolds.

Exactly, that what we should do in a gaming community. Gaming is all about fun and doing it together with other gamers is more fun. I hope that gaming community becomes more closer to sharing and introducing themselves within this gaming community.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Exactly, that what we should do in a gaming community. Gaming is all about fun and doing it together with other gamers is more fun. I hope that gaming community becomes more closer to sharing and introducing themselves within this gaming community.
Gaming with friends is not only about enjoying the fun together but also learning from them. There are many strategy based games and playing these games with experienced people can really help us to improve our gaming standard.

Gladdy

Reaction score
There was a very similar thread a while back that I posted in and as I explained there, here is a short scoop of why I don't lend physical copies of games anymore - when I was younger, one of my old bf's, decided to destroy my discs by carving into them with a knife after I dumped him :(

I never lent anybody a console though... that's just way too pricey to lend around. You really should be careful what you lend. If something bad happens or it breaks, it will ruin your relationship with your friend.

But when it comes to the digital lending of the games, then I am all for it since nobody can actually break those. I share my Steam library with my boyfriend and a great feature that Steam has. Together, we have SO many amazing games.