• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How much time do you spend playing games on mobile?

jurew2

Reaction score
I'm one of those people that aren't really into mobile gaming. That means that I play mobile games from time to time, when I don't have access to my computer. I play 1 hour a day games on my phone the most, usually less. Some of my friends are constantly on their phones and playing mobile games, usually more than 4 hours a day. What about you?

Sugarhill

Reaction score
I probably play the games that people don't really consider games like Candy Crush, Dabble, 2048, Dots and things like that. However, even with those games, I play in binges. There will be a spurt of playing that just goes on for months on end and then, something will come up and I won't touch the game for another three months or so.

MrHurricane

Reaction score
I play some games such as Wayward Souls, Final Fantasy 6 or the like while waiting for the bus, or between classes.I prefer RPGs with a medium-to-long story, as I finish them slowly over the course of a month or two, with about half-one hour of playing per day.

Sparkster

Reaction score
I'm one of those people that aren't really into mobile gaming. That means that I play mobile games from time to time, when I don't have access to my computer. I play 1 hour a day games on my phone the most, usually less. Some of my friends are constantly on their phones and playing mobile games, usually more than 4 hours a day. What about you?

My Android smartphone is really my main device at the moment, I use it more than I use my laptop (even for work). However, I don't play anywhere near as much as four hours per day. Maybe about an hour or two each day on average. I don't play games on my laptop at all though and I sold my PS3 a while back.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
Given that I've only gotten an Android phone recently (up until now I had a really outdated iPhone 3GS), and it's fairly strong so that it can run Nintendo DS games at full speed, I've been playing on it for maybe too much now. As for true Android titles, I only play them for about 10 minutes.

Squigly

Reaction score
I don't devote much time to mobile games, I typically only attend to them while I'm on a commute with nothing else to do. When my PC/console is within easy reach I'd much rather play games on them instead.

Morvack

Reaction score
I probably play it a lot more than I think I do. I typically hop on solitaire, check my clash of clans base, piano tiles, or call of mini : zombies when ever I get a moment. I think solitaire, clash of clans, and call of mini are my top three, in that order. It's probably only me with the solitaire obsession though XD

primaLucid

Reaction score
The past year, I haven't been too involved in mobile gaming, but I used to be a huge fan of the Modern Combat franchise. I have Modern Combat 2, 3, and 4 and other games like PvZ, Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump. I have probably spent about $40 on gaming apps.

BJL717

Reaction score
On average, I spend about 15-20 minutes gaming on mobile. It's really not my thing, I just play to kill time during my lunch break. Also, my battery dies pretty fast! That is another reason why I don't game on mobile.

Sparkster

Reaction score
Given that I've only gotten an Android phone recently (up until now I had a really outdated iPhone 3GS), and it's fairly strong so that it can run Nintendo DS games at full speed, I've been playing on it for maybe too much now. As for true Android titles, I only play them for about 10 minutes.

The iPhone 3GS can run Nintendo DS games at full speed? Really? I didn't know that. What about on the iPhone 3G - can that run Nintendo DS games too?

Krisi

Reaction score
Oh no, my other vice. I play mobile games constantly. When I'm on the bus, when I'm waiting for something to finish downloading, when I'm outside having a cigarette, when I'm cooking dinner... The list goes on and on.

I'm currently playing Clash of Lords II, which is actually a pretty good game and it's not super heavy on the whole "Pay to win" aspect that a lot of mobile games do.

539210867.png

I also play Castle Clash, but that one is a little harder to get good at without spending money on it so I find I'm playing it less and less.

castle-clash-01-700x394.jpg

I was also considering getting Minecraft Pocket edition, but then I would never be able to put my phone down.

phreakeh

Reaction score
I only play mobile games when I have to wait for something or sitting in the car. There are some games I spend more time on but recently not a single mobile game was able to get my attention long enough and for me to actually enjoy it. I don't think mobile gaming can be taken seriously because the games have no way to keep you playing long enough.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
Not much at all. I play when I'm in line or when I'm waiting on my wife when she shops. Now my son will play mobile games all day if you let him. The small screen is the main issue for me.

JayWifi

Reaction score
I typically only tend to play most of my games in the morning to get daily bonuses and such. Besides getting my bonuses in the morning, I tend to play games on car rides whenever I'm not listening to music. I also tend to play my apps whenever there is an event going on.

Medo22

Reaction score
I spend lots of time playing mobile games, in the bus while waiting to arrive home, on bed when I can't sleep and basically anywhere I want. Smart phones just took the concept of mobility and easy usage to a whole new level, which made using them for gaming so easy and that is why I spend lots of hours playing lots of mobile games. I have about 40 games on my phone right now and I download dozens of free games everyday, just to try them out. Some mobile games are also so addictive, that you can't stop playing those games until you beat your high score or until you achieve the goal, like 2042.

lgdg090596

Reaction score
Lately, I've spent a lot more time on mobile gaming than PC gaming. I'm currently playing League of Legends and I don't play that much since I'm in Challenger tier. I only play to retain my rank, and not to mention, League of Legends is the only game I've actually played for a considerable amount of time for the past few years.

ProNine

Reaction score
I play two hours a day in total. Most of the time is spent playing 8 Ball pool. Matches are quick and interesting. Sometimes, I spend my time playing on emulators. Easy, fun, and quick.

blackcanary

Reaction score
Recently I've gotten more into mobile gaming although for me it comes and goes. Once in awhile I'll download a mobile game which I really enjoy playing and play it a lot. But eventually I tend to get bored of it and just stop playing entirely.
I only play in small increments because the majority of the games I'm playing at the moment are time related so I'm not sure how much time I spend total. Normally when I'm not interested in a particular game I like quite a few others in this thread only play when I'm waiting for something or bored. In general I prefer PC or console games to mobile, but they can be very enjoyable.

vespid49

Reaction score
I spend a couple hours every now and then playing games on my phone. However, since I have a PC, it's not my primary gaming device, so when I play games, I'm only half trying. Another reason that I don't play Gaines on my phone that often is because most of the games are pay-to-win, so in the end it's pretty pointless to keep playing. That's why I do most of my gaming on my PC, because I can buy for releases and enjoy a full-length game that has a definitive ending. To be honest, I can't really see why people enjoy playing games on their phones so much.

empress

Reaction score
I play games on my phone on the bus and in between classes - it probably adds up to at least an hour a day. I don't usually play mobile games when I'm at home because I think games released for PC are usually superior, save the games that are simply ports to mobile devices. I have some puzzle games on my phone as well as RPGs and visual novels.