• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How many hours do you play in a row?

tinrmz15

Reaction score
I play for approximately 3-4 hours continuously without any breaks. Although I have my necessities ready on my table whenever I needed like water, soda, or food. If those are considered breaks then my bad but FYI I usually eat or drink even during a game. For example, I played team battle on Soldier front and when you got killed, you will wait for all your team mates/ opponents are dead before you can respawn. That's the time I eat and drink ahahaha. However, the most consecutive hours I played was from 10 pm-5am in an internet café with a friend.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
When I play, on average, it depends on the game and my mood, but I would say I play around two hours. Right about the two hour mark, I tend to start giving into my short attention span, and my guilt that I should be doing something more productive, and then I step away from the console.

user238

Reaction score
I think the longest I've ever gone was about 8-10 hours. Somewhere between that, but that was a long time ago, I don't think I could do it anymore, and I get tired if I play more than 4 hours in a row now. It just takes too much time and I bet bored even when I am having fun. Plus, I just have to much other stuff going on, life sucks and eventually you get to the point where you just need to be doing OTHER stuff.

goldlady

Reaction score
Well it totally depends. I am curretly trying to master Minecraft and I don't have as much time as I would like to have everyday to play it. So when the weekend comes I can actually play for over four hours without taking a break.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Its shameful to say but I believe its like 5-6 hours and yes that is way to long however the sad thing that number is only because you said break, truthfully if you don't count bathroom or food there have been times that can exceed 10 hours...oh my I need help! lol Actually those were times when I was younger so its been awhile.
Yeah but those 10 hour gaming sessions really don't last for more than a couple of days. You'll get sick of playing the games eventually, so you'll stop and see what other things you can do at your life. I don't mind 3 days of hardcore gaming, but for those people who have spent months or even years of their lives wasting it on 12 hour gaming sessions, well, then you really need to get your priorities summed up.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Taking a break after every few hours should be mandatory at this point.

If you're going to try and explain this to a sick addict he/she'll probably want to hit you. :chancellor: Be careful! :tearsofjoy:

Well it totally depends. I am curretly trying to master Minecraft and I don't have as much time as I would like to have everyday to play it. So when the weekend comes I can actually play for over four hours without taking a break.

Is it my impression or are you really addicted to Minecraft? I guess your answer is "YES"... Haha! :smiley:

Last edited by a moderator:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
If you're going to try and explain this to a sick addict he/she'll probably want to hit you. :chancellor: Be careful! :tearsofjoy:
Lots of horror stories online about gamers who died from heart attacks and blood clots. The answer is pretty simple: if you die, you can't play anymore games. I've read about people who died in those 24 hour computer shops because the player didn't move the entire time while playing. They only found out about it during check out time. There was also that girl who had pain in her calf muscle and then died later that day because of a blood clot that traveled from her leg to her heart. Pretty crazy stuff.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Lots of horror stories online about gamers who died from heart attacks and blood clots. The answer is pretty simple: if you die, you can't play anymore games. I've read about people who died in those 24 hour computer shops because the player didn't move the entire time while playing. They only found out about it during check out time. There was also that girl who had pain in her calf muscle and then died later that day because of a blood clot that traveled from her leg to her heart. Pretty crazy stuff.

This is all so crazy it sounds like the script of a movie, but unfortunately... It's sad to know that some players' addiction can reach a level equal to that. Pretty sad. :worried:

When I play, on average, it depends on the game and my mood, but I would say I play around two hours. Right about the two hour mark, I tend to start giving into my short attention span, and my guilt that I should be doing something more productive, and then I step away from the console.

The mood is for sure is a factor that should be considered for the contribution of so many hours playing - in a row - the same game. :sweatsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

konomi

Reaction score
Sometimes I'll be playing a game & before I realize it, 3-4 hours have gone by without me having moved at all :sweat: I ought to set a timer so I can at least get up and walk around a bit every hour or so. But I don't really do it too many days in a row -- I'll have a week where I'm REALLY into playing one game or another, and I'll play it obsessively each day. But after a few days of that I get bored and go back to a more "normal" pace (1-2 hours a day, not necessarily all at once).

Blood clots are really scary, so make sure you take care of yourselves!!

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I used to play for 5 hours because I have the mindset that I should make the most of my time at home since I go to school the morning after. Nowadays I stick to just 3 hours every session and take breaks in between, despite having excessive free time. It's either I play or find work through the internet.

valy

Reaction score
I remember my good old days when I was playing in a row for more than 4 hours. But, now I don't have time anymore, my job is exhausting and my family needs me as well. Besides my wife is not well these days and I must take care the house.
My time on playing is very limited, mostly on weekends I do play over 2 hours in a row.