• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How many games do you own?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, very nice observation.
But the update are really on point.
The soccer game and it rules remain the same but more features are upgraded. From players and managers transfers to kit colours, haircuts, etc.
Features are improved.
Enough to justify the price though? I've met people who would rather play the old games rather than shell out a ton of money for the newer ones. They stick with the old because it's cheaper, the mechanics are more fun, and they simply add roster changes (in the case of updated teams) or simply stick with the old roster just for fun. It's a lot better than having boring mechanics on an expensive game all for new things like realistic facial features and haircuts.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Enough to justify the price though? I've met people who would rather play the old games rather than shell out a ton of money for the newer ones. They stick with the old because it's cheaper, the mechanics are more fun, and they simply add roster changes (in the case of updated teams) or simply stick with the old roster just for fun. It's a lot better than having boring mechanics on an expensive game all for new things like realistic facial features and haircuts.
You have a point though.
But most people are addicted to getting the new version of old things.
Some people will 'spoil' their money just to see the improved realistic faces and haircut of their football stars in such games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
You have a point though.
But most people are addicted to getting the new version of old things.
Some people will 'spoil' their money just to see the improved realistic faces and haircut of their football stars in such games.
Yeah I guess. But for me it's not about realism, it's about having fun. Games these days just want realism. They are trying to simulate an actual sports show that you view on ESPN or something. The interviews, the cutscenes, the graphics for players (but they even include interviewers sometimes which is neat), but it's not as fun as the old games for me. And with newer games costing around $50 full price? No thanks.

streettallest

Reaction score
I own 39 games presently although i look forward to adding more games to my collection. I know this is pretty small compared to a huge collection of what others have. i am thinking of setting up a video game shop soon and that means they will come in handy.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
If we sum the 50-60 retail games I have, the 82 I have on Steam and other 30 games in digital download, probably around 150 games. I have returned around 15 games, I believe, in the past few years to buy new ones, but even then it would be hard to get past the 200 threshold. I probably would if I counted emulator ROMs, though.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I only have about 20 games total on PC. I also don't get to play all of them now since a lot were from sales I couldn't really pass. When I get bored with my usual games I check them out and see why I bought it in the first place and I would see that It was actually a good game. 20 seems really small but for me that's a lot already since I'm not a hardcore gamer.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I own 39 games presently although i look forward to adding more games to my collection. I know this is pretty small compared to a huge collection of what others have. i am thinking of setting up a video game shop soon and that means they will come in handy.
It's better to have a small collection of games which you actually play, compared those people who "collect" games for the sake of collecting them. They buy them in bulk just so their game count can go higher, and then they wouldn't even touch it. It's a lot better to actually have a small collection that you play and you enjoy, rather than having a full library that you haven't touched.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I have 250+ games on the PC and I have 122 games on the PS4. So in other words I have enough game to play for the next year and not be bored lol. My problem with buying games is, I see those shinny new games during a game sale. And I buy them because they are cheap and I never end up playing them and I end up wasting a lot of money.

joegirl

Reaction score
I have so many games on different devices. Maybe about 30 or 40. Asides from the FIFA games my brother has, all the games are mine.

iTommy

Reaction score
I have around 15 games on my PC now.
They are big games and at least from 5GB of data for each game.
Some were 30 GB and maybe need more time to play or finish them. :)

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I don't see the need to have plenty games while I can play most of games on my PC.
I can just purchase the disc of any game I want, install it, and I'm good to go
That is pretty much the point of it really. You buy games and you call them yours, and over time you'll just find yourself having a pretty decent collection. You can put a lot of games on the PC compared to consoles usually, so having plenty of games (even those that are just in your Steam library) would be very handy. I gotta admit that the hard copies of games do have their charms and would make good collector's items.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I own about 20 games; however, my roommate has been collecting them for years, and she never throws anything away, so, in our home, there must be thousands of games, and I am not elaborating. She has a Playstation console that hasn't even been opened yet, for some odd reason--and dust is gathering on many games on shelves in the basement. I mentioned to my roomie that she should sell these games so that someone could enjoy them, and she went beserk--so, gamers can be pretty touchy about these things, lol....

fishmonk

Reaction score
I own around 20 plus games. I have stopped purchasing games for a while since I am playing Dota 2 and Football Manager mostly nowdays.

iTommy

Reaction score
I own about 20 games; however, my roommate has been collecting them for years, and she never throws anything away, so, in our home, there must be thousands of games, and I am not elaborating. She has a Playstation console that hasn't even been opened yet, for some odd reason--and dust is gathering on many games on shelves in the basement. I mentioned to my roomie that she should sell these games so that someone could enjoy them, and she went beserk--so, gamers can be pretty touchy about these things, lol....

From this reply, I discovered that you are still a student, right?
Anyone 20 games are not more if you or your friends have more time to play. :)

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I was also not good in trading games at early stage. Gradually with time I learnt to get good titles and succeeded to promotes among friends. This increased the popularity with friends and acquaintances and trading became easy. Now I can suggest titles for them to choose. Trading gives us good cash for our certain goals and value for money.

That's cool! I guess that's the point of trading too. Learning how to promote and acquire more quality titles that make you the person your friends look to for trading games. In a sense, people who learn how to trade games become a type of individual market or commerce for neighborhood gamers alike. It's just a cool position to be in because if done right, you can come across some awesome and even rare titles!

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I have 250+ games on the PC and I have 122 games on the PS4. So in other words I have enough game to play for the next year and not be bored lol. My problem with buying games is, I see those shinny new games during a game sale. And I buy them because they are cheap and I never end up playing them and I end up wasting a lot of money.

We are on the same boat. I also have a collection of games with a considerable amount, but lately I haven't bought so often.

surlaw

Reaction score
I have 64 in my Steam library, but I think I've accumulated at least 80 including non-Steam games. I honestly don't play all of that often. What tends to happen is, I'll "rediscover" a game I bought a long time ago and binge play it for days until I get bored and move onto the next game. I also got a lot of these games as gifts - gifts I was too kind to turn down, even though I had absolutely no interest in playing the game! :pigeonmeh: So I don't play all of them that often, but there are definitely a solid foundation of them that I always go back to.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I have 64 in my Steam library, but I think I've accumulated at least 80 including non-Steam games. I honestly don't play all of that often. What tends to happen is, I'll "rediscover" a game I bought a long time ago and binge play it for days until I get bored and move onto the next game. I also got a lot of these games as gifts - gifts I was too kind to turn down, even though I had absolutely no interest in playing the game! :pigeonmeh: So I don't play all of them that often, but there are definitely a solid foundation of them that I always go back to.

I love this aspect of "discovery" because I end up remembering that I have great games that I couldn't remember (for some reason) anymore. :wink:

Ash

Reaction score
Not many actually. I tend to only play a few different games every year. I'm not one of those people that like to play a large variety of games, I play about 3-4 different games a year. To the best of my knowledge, I have around eight or nine physical games. I'm not sure how many games I have digitally on my PlayStation 4 though. Even then, I rarely play digital games, most of them are the games that were given for free by PlayStation for PS Plus members, and almost all are not downloaded to my console, just in my library.

reginafalange

Reaction score
At the moment I don't own anything, not even a console but it is in my plans. I only have a couple of mobile games and that's it. I have to get some things sort out first in my life to then have some spare money to get a new console and buy a few games. Looking forward to doing this.