• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How Do You Cope With Low Battery When Playing

Heatman

Reaction score
Low battery is the bane of every gamer out there in the world because most games consumes a lot of power. How I deal with this is making sure my power bank is always charged and I don't leave my charging point once I begin to play.

I constantly plug my device to be charging when am playing to avoid my device battery draining on me and cutting me short from fully enjoying my game to my satisfaction.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Well my iPhone 7 is pretty good regarding it's battery consumption when playing games (actually games use less battery than snapchat). Consoles never run out of "battery" because they are plugged in. Only thing with consoles is their controllers which I prefer wireless as compared to the computer tend to run out of battery quickly but that can be solved with no hassle.

Computers like @Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) mentioned never run out of battery unless you use wireless gear (in my case it's only my headset which has 8 hour battery life and I recharge overnight).

Siberian

Reaction score
My Galaxy S7 Is pretty good. I think I've lucked out on battery life with it however. My uncle has the new Galaxy S8 and says that the battery life is amazing. It's sad they need a new charger altogether for it but with a new and improved battery I can see why. But just like Sparks, I'm on PC so I have no worry. A wireless charging station would be pretty ideal if you really needed power in a pinch. Portable chargers are always handy! I never leave the house without one :D

Last edited:

Pixie06

Reaction score
I hate it when my battery gets slow when I am playing a particular game. There are many occasions when I plugged my phone in the charger while I was playing the game.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I play on PC and when I use a controller, I used the wired one for this very reason. I would hate to be in the middle of a important moment, say a boss fight, and lose because the battery drained out. It's a problem that doesn't concern me and I don't want to have anything to do with it.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
when I'm playing on my cellphone it happens a lot that my battery runs out. My cell doesn't have a good battery and it's really sucky but that's what I have so sometimes I just play while charging. But most of the time is really anoying play with the wire connected so I just stop for a while. Pc gaming: I don't have problems with that I just keep the laptop wired because that battery is dead too xD

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I assume you're talking about mobile? Or console?

I play PC and have no issue regarding power or battery.

Exactly how I feel. Nevertheless, my console stays plugged in no matter what. Regarding mobile, I don't really play games with my smartphone. I keep the storage and ram clear for communications via social media. Along with taking pictures/videos. Mobile gaming bores me too quickly, plus it drains my battery regardless the device.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. Nevertheless, my console stays plugged in no matter what. Regarding mobile, I don't really play games with my smartphone. I keep the storage and ram clear for communications via social media. Along with taking pictures/videos. Mobile gaming bores me too quickly, plus it drains my battery regardless the device.

When I say console i'm really just refering to controller batteries for those who use wireless controllers... for all of you who use wired controllers you wouldn't have this issue

augusta

Reaction score
If I'm playing a competitive game with friends we just have a gen set standby especially in my country that we need to generate electricity almost ourselves. I leave my device plugged to the charging point but immediately there's power outage we switch over.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I don't use wireless controllers so I get to play for hours on my console during my free days. When I'm playing on my mobile phone and it's low on power, I simply charge it while still playing the game. The problem with this is that the device can get a little bit hot. Also, I've heard reports regarding mobile phones exploding when being used while charging. I don't know if the reports are true . I hope that in never happens to us. Still, be very careful when you're playing games on your smartphone while charging at the same time.

vinaya

Reaction score
I play games on my handheld devices, when my device runs through low battery and I still want to continue playing, I immediately plug my power bank. I can full charge my mobile device three times. Therefore, low battery is never a problem for me. I can continuously play for 5-6 hours without chanring my device through direct current.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I've changed my phone batery about the 3rd time now and this is gonna be my last. I beat low battery by charging it while playing. Making my phone over charged and my battery swells. Good thingbthey didn't explode.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I do not have such issues with my phone as the battery can last me one day and a half. I guess I will plug my power bank. However, I do not use my phone when I charge it using the original charger to protect the battery from overheating.

Heatman

Reaction score
I've changed my phone batery about the 3rd time now and this is gonna be my last. I beat low battery by charging it while playing. Making my phone over charged and my battery swells. Good thingbthey didn't explode.

Very funny, it seems you know exactly what I pass through at my end here. The crazy thing is we hardly have constant electricity here and such limits my gaming to a great extent.

I have to consider a lot of variables before I devote my time to playing in day. If I cannot be 100% certain that I would be able to see the possibility of charging my device with either electricity or generator light, my playing will be highly impossible.

Inadequate electricity light is one of the major problem we face down here in my country Nigeria, and it affects my game life to a serious level.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
Oh man, just reading this gave me anxiety. I have dealt with low battery scenarios before. I tend to forget to plug in my laptop while playing video games. When this happens, I'm usually playing an MMO of some sort. It's always just my luck. I usually wait until I'm not in an intense situation and grab my charger. Let me rephrase that- I sprint for my charger. It's happened on more than one occasion and every time, I promise myself I'll never let it happen again. You win some, you lose some.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Are you talking about phones or controllers or?

If you're referring to the phones. I honestly don't have much issue with low battery because my phone's battery lasts really, really long plus I charge it every night so when I wake up it's ALWAYS at 100% and it easily lasts through the day no matter what I do or what games I play. I have one USB bank for it but I rarely use it... only if I go somewhere outside and play too much of Pokemon GO :D

But if you're referring to the controllers then there's no issue for me. My USB Logitech one has a cable that I use instead of batteries and my PS4 is wireless without batteries. It doesn't require powering up frequently.

valy

Reaction score
I'm guessing you refer to a laptop, or a console, right? When I travel I have a spare battery (an external one) for my laptop and in this way I can chat, surf and play for a long time or until I get to my destination.
Generally, I play online games from my PC so I have no battery problems!

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Very funny, it seems you know exactly what I pass through at my end here. The crazy thing is we hardly have constant electricity here and such limits my gaming to a great extent.

I have to consider a lot of variables before I devote my time to playing in day. If I cannot be 100% certain that I would be able to see the possibility of charging my device with either electricity or generator light, my playing will be highly impossible.

Inadequate electricity light is one of the major problem we face down here in my country Nigeria, and it affects my game life to a serious level.
My reason is kinda lame because I always overcharge my phone because I am playing mobile games. Laziness has it's price.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I honestly just keep my laptop constantly plugged in. Crappy thing dies in two hours when I'm not playing games.